Barbados

Coconut court was lovely, right on the beach, and very reasonably priced too when we went. They offered "room only" but there were self catering facilities in the rooms,and every room faced the sea. We booked through tropicalplaces.co.uk and had a free upgrade to fly Virgin, 2 weeks for 2 of us for just over £1,000. Has probably gone up a bit now, but was very good value for money.

Almond beach is lovely. I was staying in a villa but we had a drink there.

It's a lovely island and definitely somewhere i'd go again.

I went to Barbados in 1989 and again in 1991 and it was wonderful - first time 50 of us went for my friends wedding - what a riot ......!!!!!! mmmm Happy Days, happy memories!!!

We stayed at the Sea Breeze in Oistins which at the time was fairly basic but apparently it has had a major overhaul and upgrade and is supposed to be v v good now.... it's right on the beach with lovely views and their restuarant overlooks the sea..... v romantic....

If you go you must go to Sam Lord's Castle in fact I think you can stay there.... google it!!! We hired a Mini Moke (like an open top jeep) and toured the whole island ..... they drive on the same side as us too....:D

We used to go into St Lawrence's Gap in the evening and it was a real party atmosphere.... The Ship Inn was a fav place and I'm sure it's still there.... Also a place called The Harbour Lights.... that was fab too... again friends of ours went a couple of years ago and said all these places are still there.....

I went before I met my OH and I would love when the kids are older to take him there..... the beaches and beautiful, the sea is great and the people are really friendly.... oh yes and the rum punch is to die for :D ;)

I am sure you will both have a wonderful time.....

I went for long weekend to Almond Beach Spa in Feb - was really lovely, nice and intimate - perfect for couples as no kids and good food. :)

I know someone who got married at the Tamarind Cove. :) I visited and had a look and it's lovely. Beautiful beach right outside too.

Hi Jack,

I've been to Barbados 4 times, my dad lives there. Can't recommend a hotel (always stay with my day), but can tell you it is not cheap there. Peolpe are very friendly so don't be suprise if strangers say good morning or hello to.

If you buying rum by it from a supermarket, much cheaper than the Duty Free shop or department store, which send to the airport for you to collect on departure.

Try Oistin on a Friday or Saturday night, when they have street cook out, with a party atmosphere the food is great so I've heard. I've never been by my cousin (who's in barbados now) never gives it a miss.

Sim

I have been there but i stay with family!!
But it is so beautiful there and the sand is golden, the water is so clear and you get these little sliver fish swimming round your feet!! LOL!!

Back