bars

NICKY

does any one think that the bars affect the weight loss at all coz i only started on bars 2 weeks ago and although i wasn't really expecting such a good loss on week 2 as week 1 i couldn't help but be dissapointed that i lost so little
the only thing i had done differently was have a bar a day
really appreciate your thoughts on this guys
thanks
xxxx

I didn't start on bars until week 10 (and even then I only had 2 that week in total). I did start upping my exercise the same week and there has been no difference in my losses over all, but it did slow down for the first couple of weeks I was on bars. I think on the whole it balances out after a few weeks. I do eat my bars first thing in the morning if that helps.

I've been eating the bars every day since week two & it has not affected my weight loss as you can see.

I certainly hope that they are not detrimental to weight loss - they are my salvation at the moment - something to chew!!

I would like to say that I will try a week without them and see if it makes a difference but I know that I couldn't survive.

I too have mine in the morning. Because of the job I do I rarely get a chance to stop for lunch so I manage this by having a muffin and a bar in the morning with two pints of water. That keeps me going until about 8.30p.m. and I am never hungry.

Bars do add another 30+ calories a day - that can't make a whole lot of difference, can it? I know that I have never been out of ketosis all the time I have been on the LL programme so that too must be a good sign.

So eat up - the fruit one is my favourite but I also love the toffee one with a nice big mug of hot black coffee! Roll on Saturday morning!

Bar Binge

:eek: I am considering trying to cut out bars. I am beginning to find them distracting i.e. because they are like 'normal' food (well almost!) when I eat them it's like not being on LL and that affects my resolve. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Today I ate three (a bar binge!!) - I would never have had three soups or three muffins but this afternoon when I found myself knackered (legs like lead and when I stand up I see spots before my eyes - this seems to happen me every 4 or 5 days) it seemed like a solution.

Obviously it wasn't and because of this experience I think I won't re-order when it gets to Monday evening. I find the though of being bar-free a bit traumatic - and taking the decision to cut them out feels almost like when I was taking the decision to start this diet in the first instance. It's mad!!

Will keep you posted. I don't have anymore left now (scoffed the lot) so I will have to do without tomorrow - enforced abstinence.

I am desperate to increase my weight loss over the next 4 weeks as my birthday is coming up and my family are throwing a party for me. I want to look really good and losing another 10 or 11 lbs would just about do it!

At least I didn't go for a kit kat!!

Last edited:
My LLC told me to give up the bars for a week because of my slow weight loss the past few weeks. She said she had been told that it could affect loss. I said no at first because the bars are what I have at work, but now that the new shakes are so easy to mix. I will give it a go.

Hiya
I wouldnt worry too much about the bars, as Fat Possum says there's only about 30 more calories in them, they are also higher in carbs. At the end of the day tho even with the bars the calories you are taking in are very low.... Maybe have a pint of water to drink after having one, as obv you're not taking in the water that you would be if you were to have had a shake/soup..

HTH
Geri
x

BOWELS OF STEEL!!!!

:wow:Well having confessed to my three bar binge yesterday everyone warned me to anticipate a "great evacuation" ................. well I waited and I waited and I waited and I am still waiting!! Nothing ..... absolutly nothing.

I have drank at least 5 litres of water today and have done lots of activity and still nothing ................. except 'the wind beneath my ribs' :D .

If only I could bottle whatever it is that I have that enables me to "hold on" despite three LL bars .... and did I mention the 3 Ducolax? No? Well I have also taken 3 Ducolax and still nothing. Not even a cramp.

Am keeping my fingers crossed ...... no need to keep anything else crossed! :p

Last edited:
Have to laugh poor FP, you've done all the right things so no doubt you'll feel the earth move soon. I had 2 bars yesterday (just felt like it) and I haven't stopped since! Thankfully it seems to have slowed down now. Try a peppermint tea for the wind.... Good luck FP .... Get shifting!!

ooh FP
Your bowels sound like mine! ;) Hopefuly something will happen soon, I would advise that you don't take any more ducolax tho :eek: With all the bars, water and the ducolax somethings gotta shift! The ducolax do take about 24hours to work, ( for me anyway, sometimes longer!) Hope you feel more comfortable soon...

Lol at you Trish, I read your reply ' get shifting' as something else - ie take out the 'F' lol tish a bit early for me - not quite woken up!! :D

tommee, you're right, the bars are part of the programme, and are there to be enjoyed, your weightloss is amazing, well done :D

Cheerio
x
x

:eek: I am considering trying to cut out bars. I am beginning to find them distracting i.e. because they are like 'normal' food (well almost!) when I eat them it's like not being on LL and that affects my resolve. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Today I ate three (a bar binge!!) - I would never have had three soups or three muffins but this afternoon when I found myself knackered (legs like lead and when I stand up I see spots before my eyes - this seems to happen me every 4 or 5 days) it seemed like a solution.

Obviously it wasn't and because of this experience I think I won't re-order when it gets to Monday evening. I find the though of being bar-free a bit traumatic - and taking the decision to cut them out feels almost like when I was taking the decision to start this diet in the first instance. It's mad!!

Will keep you posted. I don't have anymore left now (scoffed the lot) so I will have to do without tomorrow - enforced abstinence.

Helloooooo, how did you get in my head lol!

I know what you mean totally!

Bars do tend to trigger "binge" thoughts in my head. First time around I resisted but since falling off the wagon I have had more than one bar binge. This last week has been totm and a week ago I ate 4 in one sitting. I then ran out of packs (postal problem, long story) and decided to have some Atkins bars to "keep me going". Well I had 7, yep, that's right SEVEN over the course of a few hours! As soon as I had the first that was it. Couldn't even consider stopping! Like you say, though never crave 7 soups in a row!

Um the thought of not eating a bar is very traumatic to me too, and yes I agree that it is almost like making the initial decision to do LL, but it's something that I might consider over the next week. Just have a new set of packs and will have a bar every day, then reassess next week.

You've given me something to think about!

Hi Geri - well I did put that word in deliberately - and glad to see it was appreciated. Love all the replies ...

Hi Nicky! Just to say don't feel too bad about a small loss in week 2 - the same thing happened to me and I was gutted! Lost 7 pounds in week 1, then only 2 pounds in week 2! However, last week (week 3) was 4 pounds. So I guess it all evens out in the end.

Hi totally know wherre you are coming from re the bars! I dont think I can be trusted with them at all . I find they are a bit like eating a bar of chocolate you just cant stop ! i RESORTED TO PUTTING MINE IN THE FREEZER ! it didnt help still sucked them untill they thawed! mY LLC dosent trust herself with them either so dosent use them at all. I cut myself down to about 3 or 4 a week to have in for emergency, i.e when you know you will need something and no hope of mixing a shake or a soup.
It makes you wonder though dosent it, how on earth will we cope with being able to eat again when a bar that you probaly wouldnt have given the time of day to before sends you into a bar binge?
Guess only time will tell.

thanks carla
i think that the small losses are all to do with my totm playing up too
lost 3 again this week but cannot see me getting to target in 100 days at this rate
will keep you posted
xxxx

Back