Bars

zoda84

Hi guys

I was just wondering how many weeks you have to have been on ss before you are allowed the bars? Also, do people find they loose as much weight by having one of these a day?

Thanks

Hi

You're allowed bars from week 3. Most people's losses are the same, mine was, and so are most of my clients, however sometimes it does affect the odd few. Occasionally constipation can happen, but as long as you have extra water with the bars you should be fine.

I loved them:D

Tracey
x

Great thanks, have a few occasions coming up where I can't really have shakes, so hoping these will get me through!

How many carbs are the bars? I reckon Im one of those who cant have bars... When I was on Atkins the bars completely stalled me!

What flavour bars can you get? Cant wait to be able to chew something!!

Sarah x

crunch bars contain 14.4 g per bar and the others contain 24.7g per bar.

There are 2 crunch flavours, cranberry or peanut, and 4 other flavours choc/orange, malt toffee, caramel and chocolate.

All the bars are covered with milk chocolate except the choc orange which has plain chocolate.

Hope this helps

Tracey
x

Thanks for that...hmmm I dont think I will be going on the bars!

The crunch bars could be a better bet for you. They taste good:D

Everyone is different, I loved the bars and looked forward to it each day. I have many clients who never have bars and others that just have a couple a week as they see them as a treat.

Good luck with your diets:)

Tracey
xxx

Cant wait to try the bars when i hit week 3. I think i will only have a couple a week tho so they are more of a treat rather than a everyday food.

They cant kick you out of Ketosis can they? Also are they the same cals/ carbs and vit / minerals as the shakes??

I will keep one in my handbag too incase i ever get caught out when out and about.

Thanks for the info minilady.

I had planned on having the odd bar, but today I bought my packs for week 5 and I got 7 bars, I just love them, having something to eat and they are good. I am not so keen on the peanut but hearing the carb difference maybe I should have more, I got my first cranberry bar today.
Bingbong

Get a new one Lizzy ;)

Hee hee! No, she's fab apart from not letting me have the bars!! I think they slowed her weight loss so she likes to make sure her clients are fully in the zone before giving the bars out! :D

Hee hee! No, she's fab apart from not letting me have the bars!! I think they slowed her weight loss so she likes to make sure her clients are fully in the zone before giving the bars out! :D

That could be a good thing, but it could also backfire. As long as you are happy, that's the main thing. I'll just enjoy my peanut crunch bars and you can wait another 2 weeks!! :8855:

Cant wait to try the bars when i hit week 3. I think i will only have a couple a week tho so they are more of a treat rather than a everyday food.

I think you'll enjoy them:)

They cant kick you out of Ketosis can they? Also are they the same cals/ carbs and vit / minerals as the shakes??

No they shouldnt take you out of ketosis. They have a few more cals than the shakes but only a tiny amount more. The carb content in the crunch bars is nigh on the same as in the soups and shakes and the chewy ones have a few more carbs but again this shouldnt effect ketosis or weight loss.

My cdc won't let me have the bars until I've been on SS for over a month!

Perhaps your CDC feels this is a better approach in general for most of her clients, introducing the bars too early can sometimes make some people feel a little hungrier. Personally I dont think this has anything to do with ketosis, I think it's more a mind thing. So perhaps she feels that if you have had a liqid diet for 4 weeks, then you'll be more ready to introduce bars.

That's ridiculous. You should be able to buy them whenever you want. Even in the first week.

It's not advisable to have bars before the start of week 3. Mainly because although we go into a mild ketosis on around day 3/4 it can take up to 10 to 14 days to feel the benefits of ketosis (i.e not feeling hungry). The bars contain a few more carbs and cals than the shakes and as already mentioned it can be a mind thing, so to have them from week one could make the whole process a lot harder for the dieter and they could feel hungrier and therefore perhaps blow the diet altogether.

Tracey
x

It's not advisable to have bars before the start of week 3. Mainly because although we go into a mild ketosis on around day 3/4 it can take up to 10 to 14 days to feel the benefits of ketosis (i.e not feeling hungry). The bars contain a few more carbs and cals than the shakes and as already mentioned it can be a mind thing, so to have them from week one could make the whole process a lot harder for the dieter and they could feel hungrier and therefore perhaps blow the diet altogether.

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey.

I do see the point of why, but I am also looking at if from another angle. If a person is on CD and is determined then I see no problem with waiting a month at all. However, other people who aren't quite as committed and don't quite have their head in the right place might actually feel limited (in a way) and then be tempted to eat something they really shouldn't. Eating a CD bar in the first week is going to be far better than eating something like a Mars bar.

It's the same with the water flavouring. If someone doesn't really like water, surely it is better to have the flavouring from the start, rather than getting tempted to drink something else that they shouldn't, or even worse not drink enough water.

Hi Mat

I can understand your point of view and maybe for you this has worked. However if your saying that someone may find it restrictive, surely having 2 shakes and a bar plus the water flavouring is still restrictive isnt it:confused: The diet by nature is restrictive whichever way you look at it.

As I mentioned before for some/most people having bars etc in the first week or so can make going into ketosis a slower process and therefore they will feel hunger for longer, therefore putting more pressure on themselves.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm glad this way has worked for you but I think it wouldn't work for a lot of people.

It's all mindset really, it's a bit like having a planned break, some people cope well with this and get straight back on track, others fail to do so and struggle.

Best of luck with your weight loss

Tracey
x

I wasn't disagreeing at all, just offering another point of view. Every CDC seems to be different, so I guess it's all luck of the draw really. :)

I wasn't disagreeing at all, just offering another point of view. Every CDC seems to be different, so I guess it's all luck of the draw really. :)

Lol bet your sighing with relief that I'm not your CDC;):D

I do agree that for some people tweeking the diet works and obviously for you it has. But in an initial meeting with a client I would advise them on the diet as I have been told in my training from the cambridge team. I have had people who have insisted on trying things differently and if they feel that's how they'll cope, I've let them (see I'm not that nasty:p) But I have found that the majority who havent stuck to the plan to the letter havent done as well as those who have. Saying that some have done very well, but for the majority that's sadly not the case:(

Tracey
x

Back