Basics of cooking - where to start?!

ChubLock

Silver Member
When I say I can't cook, I literally mean I cannot cook - friends have spent many a night on MSN trying to teach me how to cook even a basic pasta and tomato sauce - I didn't even know how to chop an onion and still don't really know.

It's a confidence thing, I really am scared of making mistakes but I know being a complete beginner it will happen.

I can make spaghetti bolognese if I put the onion in the food processor but that just means more washing up and to be honest I almost hate washing up as much as I hate cooking!

So where do I begin?

(I looked at cooking classes but at nearly £300 for a 2-day course I just cannot justify that!).

use video jug on line. Type in your search eg cooking carrots and someone somewhere would have a video on the subject. Without meaning to insult you there are some brilliant children's cook books which break down the recipe in much easier steps The other good way is to invite a friend round who can cook and do some meals together x

use video jug on line. Type in your search eg cooking carrots and someone somewhere would have a video on the subject. Without meaning to insult you there are some brilliant children's cook books which break down the recipe in much easier steps The other good way is to invite a friend round who can cook and do some meals together x

What a great reply.

Back