Batch cooking on a red day

bouncybikergirl

what do you make a lot of and freeze in portions?
I prefer to do red days as I can really bloat fast if I have too many carbs.
Ive been making chilli con carne with schwartz hot chilli pkt mix (5syns)and a large amount of extra lean steak mince.(free)
using kidney beans as a healthy extra B i drained 400g tin roughly
It makes 4 large bowls full - add a dollop of quark or fat free natural yogurt mixed with chives and its a great filling lunch or dinner. .Tastes as good as restaurant made not the watery ww ready meals.
As its so hot you cant eat it fast either ;)
Im sure ill be sick of it soon
so what do you all cook in batches? anything I could try
xx

Goodness me the list is endless...........soups, spag bol, curries, casseroles, cottage pie (without the potato). Basically you can virtually adapt any recipe & make it SW friendly. Also, if you can invest in a slow cooker they are fabulous.....pop in all the ingredients & go to work & your dinner is ready at the end of the day!
To save on Syns I wouldnt use packet mixes, just use spices & herbs as they are FREE
Hope that helps

Same as what Kim said above, plus Mexican bake comes out well.

I always batch cook due to shift work, freezers usually full (although sadly lacking at the moment).

I had cottage pie tonight topped with turnips that was from the freezer as I'd made 3 portions and froze.

I freeze mainly for red days too as dont really do many green or EE days. I have cooked and frozen beef & ale cassarole, beef stew, beef cobbler, coq au vin, beef bourgunon, venison stew, bbq chicken cassarole, chicken currys, beef currys, hearty chicken stew, liver & bacon, bolognaise, my list is endless lol i too have a spare freeezer thats packed with foil containers of all my meals :D

Hi just a small question from a food novice - do you defrost your frozen meals in the fridge first or reheat from frozen - i dont know what would taste better or safety issues??

I just defrost on about 50% in the microwave and then heat up

Back