Hi all! I'm in my first week of doing Slimming world on my own at home (as I can't afford membership at the moment) and I was wondering if someone could maybe let me know as to whether what I'm eating is alright? (My portions are very large because that stops me from snacking throughout the day!)
My day yesterday was...

Milk for tea throughout day (about 1/4 of HEX A)

Breakfast:
3 x slices whole meal bread (Hex B + 5 syns)
400g tin baked beans (free)
2 level tsp flora light (2 syns)

Lunch:
150g (uncooked weight) white rice (free)
150/200g courgette (speed)
65g baby corn (speed)
soy sauce (free)

Dinner:
400g tin baked beans (free)
100g (uncooked weight) white rice (free)
150/200g courgette (speed)
20g light cheddar cheese (part of Hex A)
Dollop of Tesco 0% fat greek yoghurt (think this is free?)
Colman's chilli con carne powder - used 3/4 of packet split between me and boyfriend (thought this was free but apparently not!!!)

Snack: 9 x large Cadbury choc buttons (9 syns)

So, I think I've done okay? I do everything based on weight so am I eating enough speed food for the diet plan to work? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hannah x

Hiya!

What you're eating looks ok (is there any way to get some speed food in with breakfast? I like to throw some mushrooms into baked beans and cook them together to get some speed in).

Looks like you went over your syns a bit though as you're only supposed to have up to 15 a day. I see 2 for the Flora, 5 for the bread and 9 for the chocolate brings you to 16. The chilli mix also does need synning unfortunately. It's 6 syns for a 37g sachet or 8 syns for a 50g sachet so you'd need to include those too for the amount you had.

Speed food at lunch looks good, though I only see courgette at dinner. SW recommends that a third of your plate is speed food for each meal. I'm not sure how much courgette you had so it might have been plenty but just to mention it. You're right that the yogurt if free though, I have that with chilli too and I love it :)

Thank you so much! Yeah, it's my first couple of days doing it so I'm bound to make some mistakes ☺ hopefully not many more once I get the hang of it! I'm not keen on mushrooms but I could have plum tomatoes instead!

For some reason I thought it was 16 syns per day!!

Today I've been a bit better I think? I've had
2 x whole meal bread (HEX B)
1tsp flora light (1 syn)
400g tin of beans (before I got your message or I would have added veg!)

And for dinner we're going to have pesto spaghetti with loads of courgette (enough to fill 1/3 of the plate)

And probs some syns spent on chocolate buttons.

Do you think this is okay? Sorry for asking again I'm so worried I'll put on weight!

Hiya!

That sounds good, I have pesto pasta a lot and always eat it with loads of courgette, it's lovely! I put spring onions in it too :) Good idea having tomatoes with breakfast too, my husband has that with most meals as he's not a big fan of veg and he's almost 1.5 stone down now.

I really don't think you'll put on weight if you carry on eating what you are, it all sounds good. Did you have lunch today? Don't forget about your healthy extra A choice too :) Babybel are my go-to thing if I forget to have it, or a small carton of chocolate soya milk (though that's a HEA plus 1.5 syns).

No need to apologise, feel free to ask any questions :)

Also, you could take a look at some of the food diaries in the Slimming World Food Diaries thread. Lots of people, including me, post our daily meals on there so it might give you an idea of just how much you can eat and still lose weight (it's surprising how much you can eat! :) )

Thank you v. much! I think I'll actually start a diary for myself, I think it'll help me to stay on track if I feel I have to write it all on here!x

Back