Batchelors pasta n sauce confusion, please help!!

Josiecat

Silver Member
Hello, I am trying to calculate the pp value of Batchelors mild cheese n brocollio pasta n sauce. However, I am confused because on the back of the packet it has nutritional values per 100g and then for a portion made as per instructions.

I am confused because I don't know if made per instructions also includes if you are using butter. I thought I'd try and work it out from the 100g instead but the nutritional value there does not state if that is raw weight, cooked weight or with milk etc!!

Can anyone help please? Thank you

Id go buy the per portion as made up per instructions if you can. Does it say how many 'portions' are in the packet. The propoints should include whatever they tell you to make it up in the instruction does it tell you how much butter/milk to use and what type as in low fat etc

It is confusing. The 100g is for the dry mix as sold in the pack, you would need to work out the points of that and then multiply it up to the amount that is actually in the pack so if there is 175g in the pack:

multiply the protien in 100g by 1.75 and use that figure in your calculator,
multiply the fat in 100g by 1.75 and use that figure in your calculator,
multiply the carbs in 100g by 1.75 and use that figure in your calculator,
multiply the fibre in 100g by 1.75 and use that figure in your calculator,

That will give you the points in 175g dry mix.

Add to that the pps of any other ingredients you will use, eg milk, butter

That will give you the total points for a pack

Now divide by the number of portions you are having, so if 2 people are eating it divide the pps per pack by 2

Hope that makes sense

Back