Battle of the Bulge (SW)

Susienoz

I have been back on track since Thursday so today is Day 4. I have mentioned in another thread that my downfall is the dreaded wine in the evenings.
I am pleased to say I have refrained from drinking it and the only drinks that have past my lips are black coffee and lots of water. The bloat has almost gone already. The savings from my nightly bottle (sometimes 2) I have booked myself to have my nails done and booked two exercise classes this week.
Preparation is the key. I have been working the last few days but I cooked a big lasagne, cauliflower and cheese soup and a Thai king prawn curry so have had the meals to take in. I have been snacking on fruit.
I’m off tomorrow for 4 days so will cook some more meals.
I am pleased to say I am 2.8lbs down already (yes I’m a serial weigher) I’m hoping for 5 off by Thursday.
I would love a little buddy to team up with to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am going on holidays on 1st October and would love a Stone off by then. (6 weeks from last Thursday)
I hope you all have a fabulous day today and I will try and make a daily post in this thread xxx

Day 5 today - Sneaky peak at the scales shows 3.2 lbs so far. 100% on plan again yesterday. I only used 1 syn and that was not intentional - just took syn free food into work.
I have a HIIT class this morning at 945. I won’t eat breakfast until I come back as I don’t like to eat beforehand.
I am on rest days until Friday so going to plan on what I can batch cook. Going to try and be strong and not have any wine. Need to keep myself distracted in the evenings
Hope u all have a lovely day x

Well, I fell of the wagon and had some wine with family but I am not disappointed I have still lost 3.6 lbs this week. I have another HIIT class booked for 6pm this evening (still aching from Monday’s class). I’m lying in bed now thinking I should start painting my stairs and landing but I keep putting it off but it needs doing so badly. I need to get motivated.

3.6lbs is amazing and you do need to still live a life and enjoy some times with family and friends.

It's just important to get back on track which you have done - well done!!

Oh it's hard to get motivated to do stuff like that, what colour are you painting?

Thank you Dolly - I’m not being too hard on myself - I’m back in work on Friday for 6 days so I know I can be 100% on plan then x

Well after a few days off, going over my syns on wine I’m back on it 100% today. Diet Coke chicken made for work and overnight oats in the fridge. Another HIIT class booked on Sunday. Should be able to stay in control until at least Wednesday as I am in work
Hope I haven’t done too much damage over the past few days 🙈

You'll be fine - if you have gained it's going to come back off anyway.

The main thing is your focus is back so onwards and downwards from here!

Another 100% on plan day

Breakfast - overnight oats with strawberries and blackcurrants (muller light 0.5 Syns)

Lunch - Diet Coke chicken with a little bit of rice

Dinner - salmon in lemon & Dill sauce with SW chips and a salad (Salmon I think is 2 Syns)

Snacked on lots of fruit and had a packet of sun bites which I think are 6 syns

So I think I have finished the day off on 8.5 Syns but will double check shortly.

All prepared for work tomorrow as well x

I have been back on track since Thursday so today is Day 4. I have mentioned in another thread that my downfall is the dreaded wine in the evenings.
I am pleased to say I have refrained from drinking it and the only drinks that have past my lips are black coffee and lots of water. The bloat has almost gone already. The savings from my nightly bottle (sometimes 2) I have booked myself to have my nails done and booked two exercise classes this week.
Preparation is the key. I have been working the last few days but I cooked a big lasagne, cauliflower and cheese soup and a Thai king prawn curry so have had the meals to take in. I have been snacking on fruit.
I’m off tomorrow for 4 days so will cook some more meals.
I am pleased to say I am 2.8lbs down already (yes I’m a serial weigher) I’m hoping for 5 off by Thursday.
I would love a little buddy to team up with to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am going on holidays on 1st October and would love a Stone off by then. (6 weeks from last Thursday)
I hope you all have a fabulous day today and I will try and make a daily post in this thread xxx
Hi, you are doing well. I have just rejoined SW this week, first WI this Tuesday. Wine is my downfall too. I tried to minimise it to once a week, but since March, with no structure, anxiety and all the other stuff we all went through I went a bit mad on it. Ironically my first day back on SW I met up with my friend straight after class, had not seen her in person since March, had lots of pizza and lots of wine, but was just so great to be out again!! This weekend has been the first in a long time where I have not participated in the art of wine drinking!! EVERY Saturday since lockdown my friends would video call me and we would all been drinking wine as our social event. But I found, out of boredom and lack of structure it was spilling into the week. Wanted to get out of that routine and was piling the weight on again, not just the wine drinking but snacking whilst drinking and then maybe next day feeling a bit hungover and eating crap again. Only been fully on plan since Thursday and have done well since so I am hoping to get a loss however small.

I found that last time at SW if I had wine I generally would put on or STS unless I worked really hard the other days. I would love to like Gin or Vodka as these are a lot healthier (lower in syns) but not really to my liking. I am going to try my best to curb the wine drinking to once a week or less, but if I am having a family celebration or having a meal with friends and if I fancy it won't deprive myself, but work harder the rest of the week to minimise the damage. We all find a way that suits us, good luck to you and hope you reach your holiday goal.

Had a bit of an up and down week, lost half a pound which is better than nothing at all - have done 4 x HIIT sessions this week and thinking of going out for a short run/jog this morning.

Have had a busy week so not checked in for a few days but I will try and keep my diary updated when I can.

Well done on keeping up with the exercise.

1/2lb is great, I'm showing a gain this morning so hoping that by the time I get to WI on Monday that is gone.

I’m currently sat in work in the kitchen and my colleagues have all had fish & chips and I’m sat here just smelling the aroma 🙈
Well done. It's not easy some times. I've had friends and family come over with foods that i shouldn't eat or take aways etc.

Best of luck.

Well the last couple of days I’ve run/jog every morning - only about 2-3 miles but it’s something. I’ve also had a HIIT class and another one booked for tomorrow.
Because it’s now only 3 weeks to holidays I have now become more strict. I am fasting for 18 hours a day and Calorie counting during my eating hours. It’s going really well so far. I know what I’m
Doing is not sustainable but I would love to be in the 10’s If possible when I go. Will update on my weight loss 2mo - did have a bbq with plenty of booze on Saturday so will see what the result is x

Well the last couple of days I’ve run/jog every morning - only about 2-3 miles but it’s something. I’ve also had a HIIT class and another one booked for tomorrow.
Because it’s now only 3 weeks to holidays I have now become more strict. I am fasting for 18 hours a day and Calorie counting during my eating hours. It’s going really well so far. I know what I’m
Doing is not sustainable but I would love to be in the 10’s If possible when I go. Will update on my weight loss 2mo - did have a bbq with plenty of booze on Saturday so will see what the result is x
Well done to you on the running and HIT class. I'm tring to get my steps up and do more walking just now. Start to build up my stamima again.

Sometimes you have to let your hair down so to speak. It was my sons birthday on sunday so I didn't log that day and just enjoyed it with him and family. (I kept breakfast and lunch more or less within slimming world).

How do you find fasting works for you? Its something I've heard about and read a little into. Wouldn't mind the thoughts of someone who does it.

Back