Battling being Big in Belgium

how was pilates? :)

It was actually really good, it was the same instructor as Monday but in a different place, and it was all with a ball so it was quite soft on my back, but still tough. Can't do all the stomach exercises yet and I'm about as flexible as a steel rod but I'll get there. Pleased I dragged myself there!

Today my work has started lunch time aerobics classes so I'm going to give it a try, we have a ridiculously long lunch break (1.5 hours) so that we work until 6 so if I could do some exercise in that time it wouldn't feel such a waste - and less time to think about eating :)

How are you doing?

Ok so feel like I need to be more structured in how I post the diary so that I can easily look back in the weeks to come and see what I done on good weeks and bad weeks.

From now on I will post the plan for the day and the actual diary of the day before in the morning (or after I've finished eating at night) rather than randomly throughout the day when I think about it. Also doing that today has made me realize how bad yesterday actually was! A useful eye opener

So: Wednesday 7th January - Not the best day - syns for the week used!

Breakfast: Fromage frais- 4 syns

Mid-Morning snack: Slither of cake and 1/2 glass of cava - 10 syns (guessing really)

Lunch: 3x Rice cakes with 1/2 Avocado, 1/2 red pepper, cherry tomatoes, prawns and a carrot - 15 syns (consider this healthy but its definitely not on plan - but I love avocado!)

Afternoon snacks: Banana, Grapes, Maltesers - 9 syns

Dinner: Scrambled Eggs & baked beans

Drinks: Water (around 1.5l), 2 x tea with splash of milk and sugar (2 syns)

Exercise: One hour pilates class

Total syns = 40!!!!! :eek::confused::(

And I went to bed last night thinking I had had a good day - maltesers aside! Just goes to show how much a diary helps!

Plan for today: Thursday 7 Jan

Breakfast: Fromage frais- 4 syns *nerd to find a 0% alternative
Snack: Grapes & Banana
Lunch: Red Pepper Soup & small piece of brown bread (maybe) HEB
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Confit chicken with potatoes, butternut squash, apple (Hello Fresh Box) with Brussels sprouts and broccoli on the side
Drinks: Water and 3 x tea with milk and sugar (3 syns)
Exercise:
A lunch time aerobics class

Can you tell it's weigh-in day tomorrow?! I will not be cleaning that bathroom (*probably will be despite OH consuming copious amounts of wine in front of me!)

My inspiration will be that my other half and I want to start a family, we are recently engaged and I would like to feel confident wedding dress shopping
D

AHHHH!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
So ridiculously happy for you!!! I am actually tearing up...
I have missed you <3

Can't wait to catch up and maybe start using this again! :)

AHHHH!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
So ridiculously happy for you!!! I am actually tearing up...
I have missed you <3

Can't wait to catch up and maybe start using this again! :)
Oh my goodness!! You are back!!!

Just what I needed this morning, feeling thoroughly miserable at staying the same this week (Curly sabotaged last night with a restaurant) but hearing from. You has picked me straight up again!

Tell me what's happening in your life?! I've missed you too

:-D

So today was weigh in day... stayed the same, but I have learned some valuable lessons....

1. Weighing myself every day does not work for me, will be a very difficult habit to break but I'm going to try.
I weighed myself on Wednesday to discover I had lost nearly 3lbs, that very same day was the first day that I had chocolate again. For some reason seeing a loss doesn't spur me on the way it used to, it makes me relax and think oh well i'll be ok this week with my 1kg a week target, and now look - it's back fired. So from today until next Friday I will do everything I can not to go on the scales, but this is like stopping brushing teeth for me, I go on morning and night normally!

2. It doesn't matter how good you've been in the week with food and exercise - restaurants make a difference!
Curly (OH ridiculous name) convinced me to go out for dinner last night to a place that does 3 courses with wine for 40 euros to celebrate his new job. I told myself make sensible choices on a limited menu, and I tried but it really didn't work, I ate olives, and bread, and cheese and butter and all drank all the naughty things that come in a restaurant (food diary to follow) and this morning I suffer the consequences.

In theory it's good for me to see the impact that just one night of having what you want really screws it up when it comes to the diet, especially here where the food is sooooo rich!

Anyway as a result I stayed the same, and OH lost 1Kg which means - I clean the bathroom this week - :(:mad:

Food Diary Thursday 7th January - The day the diet went to hell in a hand basket.

Breakfast: Fromage frais- 4 syns

Mid-Morning snack: Banana
Lunch: Red Pepper soup (1 syn)

Afternoon snacks: Cherry tomatoes, Maltesers - 9 syns, 3 x Babybell (HEA + 3 syns)
Where it all went wrong (even though I tried a sensible main course)
Dinner:
6 Olives (2.5 syns)
Duck Pate with Caramalised Onions and Figs and white bread (lots) (2000000)
Cod with tomato sauce, mashed potatoes and asparagus (10000)
Cheeseboard (small slice of goats cheese, camembert, a blue and another one) (100000000000000000000)

Drinks:
Water (around 1.5l), 1 x tea with splash of milk and sugar (2 syns) And this is where it gets shameful - 1 x cava, 2 x white wine, 2 x red wine (500000000000000000)

Exercise: One hour body conditioning class (for which I hurt today)

So clearly I deserve what I got on the scales this morning, but as I said above I've learned from it and will move forward from here. The annoying thing is that because I was out last night I have no lunch plan today, will try to make a salad from what's available at the shop/canteen but not optimistic. And I don't have a decent breakfast with me either.

Plan for Friday 8th January
Breakfast: yoghurt
Snack: Grapes & clementine
Lunch: Salad hopefully
Snack: Apple and cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Confit chicken with potatoes, butternut squash, apple (Hello Fresh Box) with Brussels sprouts and broccoli on the side
Drinks: Water and 3 x tea with milk and sugar (3 syns)
Exercise:
A lunch time pilates class for 45 minutes

so annoyed at having to start again after my hard work this week - and so much exercise! only had Tuesday off! Tomorrow will also be a day off and then on sunday I hope to have a long walk or a run if I feel brave

So I was thinking that yesterday was a bit naughty until I remembered how to do green days! Maybe I should go back to that, it was easier!

Breakfast: vanilla yogurt (5 syns) - really need to find some free ones

Lunch: brown baguette with mozzarella, rocket, parma ham, rocket and tomatoes (hea heb and 8 syns)

Dinner: chicken (heb) potatoes, butternut squash and Brussels sprouts

Snack: 2 x baby bells (hea)

Drinks: water, 1 x tea with milk and sugar, 1 diet coke

Exercise: 45 minute Pilates class followed by 20 minute jog/walk session.

Feel OK about the day, could be better, could be worse. Exercise is excellent and I hope I keep it up!

The most important thing is I feel like its sustainable to eat like this, I think I'm going to make that sandwich my Friday weigh in treat.

The weekend is going to be a challenge though, we have a huge party tonight that I will have to be careful with alcohol wise and we are less structured with eating.

I have had a weetabix for breakfast so that is an a & b (half), tonight for dinner is tuna pasta from hello fresh so it should be fine and I have a ready made Greek salad for lunch - feta and olives.... Will not put the dressig on though.

Also just been to the shop and topped up the fruit bowl, also bought some nuts and some of those healthy fruit snack things you give to kids, like fruit bears and things which will hopefully keep me away from sweets even though they still have syns.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend

Dxx

Get off those scales girly! You know it's sabotaging you!

Take the batteries out or get C to hide them. You'll hate it at first but you'll forget about it soon and you'll be able to concentrate more on the good you are doing xxx

I weighed today (which is actually a week since the first official weigh) and had lost 0.7kg which according to my convertor is 1.5lbs.

At last nights weigh (also a week since the first official night time weigh in) I had lost 1.4kg - which is 3lbs.

I will now try to stay off the scales until Friday at the earliest but I think I will stick to Sunday night and Monday morning for my official weight - that's always going to be the worse case scenario isn't it!?!

I will do my best Addi :)

I always think weighing on a Monday helps you keep on track over the weekend! Although weighing on a Saturday is working for me because I can have a treat on Saturday and feel okay about it! Whatever works best for you lovely!

Either way you've lost which is brilliant! Well done!! Xx

Well done on the loss!
It depends for me on how the scales affect behaviour as to when you should weigh. If I've lost, it seems to give me a green light to go mad whereas if I've gained I'm more likely to put my sensible head on and rein it in. In theory!
Do try not to scale hop too much tho- hard habit to break I know but it can mess with your head! X

So... Not really been hungry today, a sentence I almost never write!

Breakfast: banana (I hate them so it took all morning

Lunch: small amount of wholewheat spaghetti, cherry tomatoes, garlic and a couple of olives (left overs from last night) 1syn

Snack: 10 cherry tomatos

Dinner: nest of noodles, boiled in chicken stock (so like super noodles but free) pack of frozen vegetables steamed in the microwave

Strawberry low fat fromage frais - 5 syns

Exercise: 1 hour resistance band body conditioning class at lunch, 1 hour Pilates class (woah - 2 classes!)

Feel like its been an OK day, hope all of your has been good too

I loved my old classes but joined new one when I moved back in December and they just aren't as good support. Their fb group never gets any posts apart from the consultant who posts up generic stuff copied and pasted from sw Ireland page etc. Where as my last consultant and group was just fantastic. So much support. She posted all her own meals and things she tried and even had folders full of recipes to try.
So with Minis back and online support I figured I do that instead. My friend lost two stone doing it online so I figured its worth a try.

Yeah the first time I went my class was great and I lost 2 stone and always stayed at group. I left and came back a few years later by then the consultant was promoted to regional manager and one of the ladies that joined after me had become the consultant.

You would think that would be great, but no she was really snooty like 'see that's what happens when you stop coming' and really patronising. Loads of people left and hardly anyone Stayed for group, I persevered for weeks but didn't lose anything and eventually gave up.

The consultant really makes a huge difference and if you don't like it, why pay for it! Good for you for findig another route!

Today's diary:

Breakfast: fromage frais - 6 syns
Lunch: grilled chicken (heb) rice, sweetcorm, green beans, onion, carrots and a tablespoon of mayonaise ( very weird lunch I know) -3?
Dinner: roasted red pepper soup, slice of cheddar cheese 28g (hea)
Skinny latte (hea)

May have toast late or something for my other b box or can cashew nuts be a b box?

Exercise:none :-( have a very sore throat, prayig I'm not coming down with something!
Water: tons

Extra things done today: reflexology appointment... Very interesting!

Back