Battling the Weekends and "Star" Week - Advice needed.

Hi All, :wavey:

I've decided to start using this site more as I know it is brilliant to hear advice from other people who are going through the same things.

I weigh in on a Wednesday Evening and I struggle to stay completely on plan when it comes to Saturday & Sunday. I am not usually at home as my boyfriend lives 34 Miles away and my weekends are always spent with him.
He does help me from time to time but because he is underweight, he is trying to gain weight so we are on completely different food paths.
His mum does Slimming World which is fab because when we do stay in, I know whatever I am eating has been made from scratch and has either no syns or very little. She helps me a lot!!

It's just the going out, the planning, the shops and temptation!!

When it comes to Star Week, I get very unwell and end up vomiting so I stick to toast and that's pretty much it!! Now, i'm not supposed to eat a lot of bread for a few reasons and it also plays havoc with my losses.
What would you recommend? I know I have syns I can use on crappy foods, however I want something that I can eat and not feel too ill that keeps me full.

I don't find my consultant to be very friendly or helpful when I ask her things so I am opening up to you all.

Any help would be fab :)

Nicole
xox

Last edited:
Hiya. You are in the right place for help and support, although if you don't find your consultant very helpful I would think about changing to a different group - maybe find one on a Thursday as it gives you that extra day to sort it out if you have had a bad weekend!

I struggle with star week to. I always feel really ill if I don't stuff my face, so I make sure I eat lots of pasta, jacket potatoes etc. Have you tried making slimming world smash scones? They are officially a "tweak" but a tweak is better than falling off plan in my opinion and they make a good bread substitute I find.

Do you drive tpo your boyfiends house at teh weekend? Why not write a list and stop off en route and get the items on the list which will ehlp you stay on track, or if you find too many temptaions, get a shop delivered to his house for the weekend?

Hi All, :wavey:

I've decided to start using this site more as I know it is brilliant to hear advice from other people who are going through the same things.

I weigh in on a Wednesday Evening and I struggle to stay completely on plan when it comes to Saturday & Sunday. I am not usually at home as my boyfriend lives 34 Miles away and my weekends are always spent with him.
He does help me from time to time but because he is underweight, he is trying to gain weight so we are on completely different food paths.
His mum does Slimming World which is fab because when we do stay in, I know whatever I am eating has been made from scratch and has either no syns or very little. She helps me a lot!!

It's just the going out, the planning, the shops and temptation!!

When it comes to Star Week, I get very unwell and end up vomiting so I stick to toast and that's pretty much it!! Now, i'm not supposed to eat a lot of bread for a few reasons and it also plays havoc with my losses.
What would you recommend? I know I have syns I can use on crappy foods, however I want something that I can eat and not feel too ill that keeps me full.

I don't find my consultant to be very friendly or helpful when I ask her things so I am opening up to you all.

Any help would be fab :)

Nicole
xox

Could you maybe try doing a few green days during star week? I know SW don't put any focus on green days any more but in case you don't know about them, it's basically that you get 2 extra hex choices, but no meat/fish. It might help you to fill up on carbs if you feel like your energy levels are low x

Hiya,

Thank you both for your suggestions. I may look into the Green.

Jules, I appreciate your reply, it helped me! I do drive to my boyfriends and stopping off sounds like a good idea, or at least having something prepacked in a lunch box or something for when we go out!
Also i'll give them scones a go!

Nicole
x

Hi Nicole

I also drive to my bf's house and spend the weekends with him. I do what Ponytales has already suggested, I always take a big bag of stuff I can eat! Things like bananas or alpen light bars in my bag save me when we're out. We often eat a meal out so I cope with that by making good menu choices, and considering my syns a weekly rather than daily total, saving syns in the week to spend at the weekend.

For star week, are you ok with other carbs like pasta and rice? Rice particularly is gentle on the stomach and if you like brown rice it fills you up more.

Back