Becomming the butt of "fat bird" jokes

Miss_Bettany

I appear, now that I'm a size 16 lost 7 stones and looking a lot slimmer, to have become the butt of fat-bird-that-was jokes.

And I'm getting a little pissed off with it!

Congratulations on your terrific weight loss of seven stone and I can't think why unless jealous that anyone would dare to insinuate you are fat at a size 16 as this is the average size of women in the UK.

Love Mini xxx

oh it isn't my size now they are picking at...its my size 7 stones ago! As though, now I'm thin, it won't hurt me to hear what they REALLY thought of me back then! Humph!

That's not on Miss B - is this from friends or colleagues????

Wow! :wow: I don't feel well done or congratulations are strong enough words! I'm so impressed. Well done you. :superwoman:

How long did it take it if you don't mind me asking? I also hope to lose 7 stone.

it's taken me since September and I have three stones to go...thankyou

it is from family, friends and then my husband joined in...he soon stopped though and has apologised. It's my birthday tomorrow and I know I am going to get even more picked on then :(:(:(

Well, Miss B, I certainly hopeyou stood up for yourself and told them their words are hurtful.

That was one of the first and most important lessons we were taught in group. TELL them if they say something hurtful. Put it back on them!!! Thats definately not on, but unless you say something it will continue.

Good luck!!

I hope you told them where to get off too - they'd hate it if you made a joke about areas that are sensitive to them ...... get em told and they'll soon stop.

it's taken me since September and I have three stones to go...thankyou

it is from family, friends and then my husband joined in...he soon stopped though and has apologised. It's my birthday tomorrow and I know I am going to get even more picked on then :(:(:(

I know what you mean:sigh:

Now that you are looking slim they feel it is okay to comment on how you looked when you were seven stone heavier.

I was at the receiving end of this myself when I first lost my six and half stone (gained back five:eek:) people felt like they had carte blanche to tell me how I looked etc.

Don't think they meant to be hurtful but I do agree with Blonde Logic you have to nip it in the bud and tell them how you feel or it will continue.

Well, Miss B, I certainly hopeyou stood up for yourself and told them their words are hurtful.

That was one of the first and most important lessons we were taught in group. TELL them if they say something hurtful. Put it back on them!!! Thats definately not on, but unless you say something it will continue.

Good luck!!

Best wishes for your Birthday tomorrow and be sure to ask your husband for his support.

Love Mini xxx

I got the same last week. My step father said that the last time I came in from the front door I blocked the sun, he thought it was hilarious, but I said why did you never make the comment at the time, too scared I guess. They think I have changed my mindset now but I still get hurt by these comments. Iam the same girl now as I was when I was fatter

I know exactly what you mean but I gotta be honest, I think people did kinda make comments when I was bigger, I just chose 2 ignore them... that doesnt give them the right to make fun of u though... its out of order... hope ur feeling better, have a gr8 birthday xx

Say this , ok joke over now , I don't find this funny so can you please stop , Thank you . I'm sure that will get the message over . I know what they will say , its a joke , say maybe to you but not to me

Back