Been off plan and gained 2lbs

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Well I've been off plan for a few days :break_diet:. Nothing drastic - I managed to stay away from the really good stuff (chocolate bars, biscuits, crisps, the chip shop, KFC ..... oh my god the list goes on and on LOL), but I got on my scales this morning and it looks like I've gained 1.75lbs :eek:

Good grief a gain like that for a few days of "normal" eating?? :cry:

I go on holiday to Turkey a week tomorrow and my favourite skirt I am taking is still slightly tight on the waist. I reckon I shall have to un-pack it now :(.

And if a few days eating normal but not excessive does this what will I have gained when I get back off holiday ?

Turkey will be great for your diet though, all that grilled meat, poulty and fish, beautifully ripe fruit and veggies, mmmm, take me with you please :p

But seriously, stay away from the dressings and the cheese, and i guess i would follow red days, but enjoy your holiday!!

x

Awww... Its So Freakin Hard to always stay ontop.. Its a holiday you should enjoy it though.. if that was me i wouldnt worry TOO much about my weight..Your meant to relax and have a good time.

But if you choose to be a wee bit naughty eat a smaller amount of it?

Stick to plan until you go on holiday mate - and then dont worry too much about it, dont let it ruin your holiday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks girls :D

I will veer towards red days on hols and not obssess about it.

It's B&B with Turkish breakfast - meaning ham, boiled eggs, cheese etc. So I will probably have a boiled egg and toast for breakfasts, fruit for lunch and lots of meat for dinner.

bless you for having good intentions on your jollys, I no way am sticking to it on mine and am quite prepared tot come back and find that Ive put a whole stone on xxxxxxxxxx

aaww have a fantastic holiday :)

I've been off plan for 10 days, I got back into being good yesterday but I was struggling so much and I've put on 7lb:cry::break_diet: I am hoping to have only put on 2lb by the time I go to class on wednesday though. Fingers crossed

It could be worse! Just stick to the plan til you go away and enjoy the holiday

Dont' forget that you said last week you had a 'lucky' loss so it could be last week catching up as well as when you were off plan this week.

As for Turkey, I agree about salads and grilled meat. Also, try to do as much body magic as possible! I went to Italy for a week and came back and had lost weight - I really really really believe this was down to me sticking to SW up until the day we left and getting right back on it (the next day) after we came back.

Have a great time!

Dont' forget that you said last week you had a 'lucky' loss so it could be last week catching up as well as when you were off plan this week....

Have a great time!

When i go on holiday next, i am taking Stacy in my pocket lol To go on holiday and lose when you come back is excellent

i'm off on holiday on 28th august for 16 days and i won't be on plan during that time. we are generally more active on holiday so at least i will be burning more calories than normal.

when i went away last year i only gained 1.5lbs and i ate anything and everything in site. if i'd eaten like that at home i probably would have put on 7lbs! the fact is it will be my holiday and it's a time to get away from everything so i won't be fretting over what passes my lips - as long as i come home and get back to SW to continue.

a 16 day holiday? I am not remotely envious lol Hope you have a great time, and you have the right attitude to it, if you know your going to be active, you can compensate for being bad x

When i go on holiday next, i am taking Stacy in my pocket lol To go on holiday and lose when you come back is excellent

hahaha, thanks! I don't know how I did it to be honest as I didn't stick to SW! I just ate 3 meals a day and did a lot of walking. I did tend to choose ham & melon for starters, pasta with a 'red' based sauce and tended to not have dessert as I ate gelato during the day!

Well I gave up on the fav skirt. It is still tight enough on the waistband to be uncomfortable and it will depress me on holiday so I'm leaving it behind.

All my other holiday clothes fit nice :D

Im not sticking to SW on either my trip to Scotland or the week in Kos, as Karen said as long as we get back to it thats the important thing! x

Yeah I agree. I try to be good when I go on holiday but I don't ever worry about sticking to the plan

a 16 day holiday? I am not remotely envious lol Hope you have a great time, and you have the right attitude to it, if you know your going to be active, you can compensate for being bad x

we're going on the same holiday as last year and for 2 weeks i felt so bloated and thought i'd put on at least half a stone and i hadn't, so this time i won't be fretting at all. if i do gain then i will lose again - it's only once a year! i expect to gain on holiday and over christmas! lol

Thanks for the support ladies. Went to WI tonight .....
LOST 1LB - YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

well done Kay x

Back