Beer??

trying_healthy

Hi, i am going to the pub with some friends later to watch football. I was just wondering, if i have 2-3 beers and count it as part of my calories for the day, is it likely to affect my weight loss? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks!

Thank you! i can easily fit 2-3 beers into my calories for the day. :) the only thing that worries me is that i keep hearing it slows your metabolism and hearing that it cancels out your excercise from the past few days etc. i dont know if any of this is true? but i would have thought 2-3 beers once a week would be relativley harmless?

Thank you! i can easily fit 2-3 beers into my calories for the day. :) the only thing that worries me is that i keep hearing it slows your metabolism and hearing that it cancels out your excercise from the past few days etc. i dont know if any of this is true? but i would have thought 2-3 beers once a week would be relativley harmless?

I'm not too sure tbh hun, i know i've had a week where i went out drinking and had one beer and then rest spirits, i was on weight watchers at the time, stuck to my points and still loss that week, think it just depends on how the individual body works, no harm in trying and if you feel it has affected your loss at the end of the week then at least you know for next time, think it helps if you also get the drinking/bigger meals out the way a few days before your WI too as it lets your body get over it :) i make sure if i have take away its just after my WI therefore i virtually have another week for my body to accept it and get over it :D

I'm not too sure tbh hun, i know i've had a week where i went out drinking and had one beer and then rest spirits, i was on weight watchers at the time, stuck to my points and still loss that week, think it just depends on how the individual body works, no harm in trying and if you feel it has affected your loss at the end of the week then at least you know for next time, think it helps if you also get the drinking/bigger meals out the way a few days before your WI too as it lets your body get over it :) i make sure if i have take away its just after my WI therefore i virtually have another week for my body to accept it and get over it :D

Thats really good advice thanks. Before now i didnt really have scheduled weigh ins but im going to start now, starting with this morning which showed that i have lost 1lb since last time, and i will weigh in again next saturday. Thanks for being so kind to me since i joined

hiya! i'd say don't worry too much about it all - as long as it isn't a super regular thing (like having 3 beers every day) it shouldn't affect anything, especially as you are counting it within your calories anyway.
the only thing i would think of that it might do is cause slight bloat/water retention as alcohol dehydrates the body. but as long as you aren't planning on weighing in the next morning then it won't matter as you'll have recovered after a day or so, just drink plenty the next day and it won't be an issue :D

& above all - enjoy them! xx

Thats really good advice thanks. Before now i didnt really have scheduled weigh ins but im going to start now, starting with this morning which showed that i have lost 1lb since last time, and i will weigh in again next saturday. Thanks for being so kind to me since i joined

having a scheduled WI is best as if you say leave it a few days then WI again it may be a wrong reading, the body works in weird ways lol, and you may notice (like i do because i cant help myself :D ) but if you say weighed yourself everyday then you weight may go up or down by up to 2lbs each day, due to what you've eaten, how much salt intake you've had (which like fudgey has said causes water retention, especially in beers and certains foods you will find this) and the time you had your last meal, thats why its best to do one WI every week so your body has had time to adjust etc :) oh and i also find it helps if you have you last big meal before 9pm otherwise you may feel extra bloated next day which gets you down feeling you've gained etc when in actual fact it's just your body digesting the food you had at a late time, not everyone suffers from this but find i do, so have to eat before 9pm each night :)

oh and your welcome, i'm a internet geek so will find me about on here at all sorts of times, even 2am :D

hiya! i'd say don't worry too much about it all - as long as it isn't a super regular thing (like having 3 beers every day) it shouldn't affect anything, especially as you are counting it within your calories anyway.
the only thing i would think of that it might do is cause slight bloat/water retention as alcohol dehydrates the body. but as long as you aren't planning on weighing in the next morning then it won't matter as you'll have recovered after a day or so, just drink plenty the next day and it won't be an issue :D

& above all - enjoy them! xx

hehe may i add fudgey when you say drink plenty the next day... you mean of other fluids not more booze ;) hehehe :D but definitely enjoy them! have one for us xx

hehe may i add fudgey when you say drink plenty the next day... you mean of other fluids not more booze ;) hehehe :D but definitely enjoy them! have one for us xx

haha just re read what i wrote! yes i did mean other fluids, preferably not more alcohol as this creates a vicious circle! ;) xx

Haha, thanks guys :) i ended up having 4 beers but counted it in my calories and i had 1700 for the day, so still at least a 1000 deficit there, hopefully it wont affect things too much. Thanks again so much for being so kind and helpfull towards me, im so glad i joined this site :)

Back