Before, during and (eventually) after...Paul's open and honest account.

How did the interview go. Hope you have a cracking week! Don't let the fact that you didn't weigh in be used as an excuse to go off the rails.

30th J

Wow...what a three days it has been - a tonne (and more) reflective thoughts and it's been so very good for me. A lot of realisations have come to the forefront and I believe I've learnt a lot about me. < I'll come back to this

As for the eating...well after the (long) weekend which incorporated three days if I'm honest, I've been so back on plan that I couldn't be more proud of myself. A little bit of a battle Monday but it was ok and now I'm back in the groove.

People are right you know...a pound a week (if that's all it's to be) is absolutely fine, it really is. For sure I want it to be more and there's a big part of me that thinks it should be but I now accept that it's all good. I don't even need to lose as much as a pound a week til this time next year, sometime around November will do just fine. Even with all the reflecting I've been doing, I still don't quite know why I pigged out so heavily after losing a pound - any ideas??

As for the reflecting, I've finally, finally realised I need to find the confidence to be the person I really am - simply to be me. I need to stop trying to be the person I think people want/need me to be. All I've managed to do by being that way is to lose sight of myself and of my true identity. I need to not care if someone doesn't like me for who I am as not everyone's going to, no matter what I'm like. I've always tried so hard to achieve being liked by everyone that I must come across as being someone no one understands. Still, it matters not because it's never too late to change something in your life or something about you. I do worry a little that those who profess to 'know me' are going to wonder what act I'm putting on (when being myself because they wont have seen this about me) but I'll just be honest and say..'Well, this IS me. You just haven't seen me before now.'

I guess this journey is more than just being about losing weight. If you incorporate the stopping smoking, the 'being the real me' bit and one or two other things, then it's become quite a big package. One has to understand that losing weight means you're likely to 'be a different person' anyway, what with the re-newed confidence and all. It's just as important to change your mind set alongside changing your body.

In respect of the little bit of 'tardiness' in this thread - then I'm sorry if anyone's offended but I'm not going to change my opinion. This, after all, is 'my' thread and no one is under any obligation to read it. If you disagree with my opinions then so be it, you've as much right to your opinion as to me having mine. However, I will say that I'm not going to get into any arguments about it, nor am I going to defend my opinions and if you're that offended then may I suggest you unsubscribe from here. That's not to say I don't have a problem with a 'healthy discussion' and I fully accept I might be wrong (morally or otherwise) with some of those opinions/beliefs of mine.

Already looking forward to Monday...I'm hoping, at worst, that I've STS over the two weeks- more than happy with that :)

Oh and PS...

I didn't get the job but I'm absolutely fine with that :)

Sorry about that, nice to see you back stronger and wiser

Ha how dear you be tardy ! ) glad to see you coming to terms with some things.

7th Feb

Been so busy, just popped in very quickly to say I lost 3.5 when weighed Monday..overjoyed if I'm honest :) Only 8lb to go before I'm half way

Having a very good week with the eating etc, no problems with any thoughts to binge etc..Will pop back later with a more fuller posting.

Hope everyone is well

How's your week been?

Great loss Paul :) here's to many more

hi paul just catching up with your blogg its so true what youve wrote in this post it rings homebut youre doing amazing

Not doing great with these updates eh? Must do better

Lost two pounds last week but have had THREE days of celebration this, so I suspect (nay I know) there will be a gain this week
but I'm ok with that...

I'm off work Tuesday and despite the kids being here too (half -term) I'm going to get on here writing!

Hi paul hope your ok your doing great in your weight loss i too have left weight watchers and joined slimming world today so just getting my head round literature and learning lots from this website by looking throgh food diaries

Hi Paul, I wondered how everything was going. I hope your ok x

Back