Beginners Exercise for busy people with little time - anyone care to join me?

donnajt

Addicted to Minimins!
I really need to start moving....I work 3 full days, juggle husbands shift work and two children (one at school and one at childminders) my days start around 5-6am (depending on hubby's shift) and end around 11 (I try to get an hour for myself to wind down)

Going to the gym is out of the question right now - all our money is being stashed for our holiday in July and I can't commit due to hubby's work and the kids

Each Sunday we go out for a family walk - normally around the 2hr mark

I am about 5.5 stone overweight and haven't really exercised for many years, so my baby step plan for this week is:-

Daily:
* 20 sit ups
* 10 minutes on the exercise bike (this is weather dependent as its in the garden!)
* 10x up and down the stairs at home

Weekly:
* 3x 20 minute walk on the days I am work (Tues, Weds, Thurs)
* 2x 20 minute walk with 2 year old on his scooter (Mon, Fri)
* 4x 20 minutes Just Dance with 12 year old

I've got some great apps on my phone, with diff exercises, you can choose 5mins, 7.5 mins or 10 mins, I do the five minute abs and sometimes the Cardio when I'm at work.
Will tell you what to search for in a min x
Ok search Daily Workouts and choose which you'd like there are loads! Abs/Arms/Butt etc

I also would change the sit ups to crunches in case you hurt your back.

Shirleen said:
I've got some great apps on my phone, with diff exercises, you can choose 5mins, 7.5 mins or 10 mins, I do the five minute abs and sometimes the Cardio when I'm at work.
Ok search Daily Workouts and choose which you'd like there are loads! Abs/Arms/Butt etc

Shirleen that sounds perfect for me!!

Thank you...just managed 15 mins on exercise bike am feeling v proud of myself x

Invest in this

image-2739498482.jpg

Brilliant workout in comfort of your own home and great fun !!!

Find her dvd's on eBay or amazon.

some great tips on here, i have a gym membership but due to 12 hour days, i rarely get to go, except at the weekends! im on hols now for a week so i should get a few sessions during the week, even if its just ten minutes on my exercise bike!
that phone app sounds great, is it on android phones?

Shirleen said:

Shirleen i found them 5 in total by daniel something

Gonna do a couple in the morning when kids are still in bed

kazz43 said:
some great tips on here, i have a gym membership but due to 12 hour days, i rarely get to go, except at the weekends! im on hols now for a week so i should get a few sessions during the week, even if its just ten minutes on my exercise bike!
that phone app sounds great, is it on android phones?
Hi kazza43 - they are android apps - i searched workouts and then downloaded the 5 daniel miller ones

Hi kazza43 - they are android apps - i searched workouts and then downloaded the 5 daniel miller ones

thanks! found them, and downloaded the free ab and the cardio ones; at least i can do something if im not going to get to the gym during the week!

Yay! For you!
I can't do the plank on my feet yet but do it from my knees!

Back