being 'regular'

harriet

i asked this elsewhere but then i thought it might get missed so thought id better start a new thread.

how is everyone um in that area?! (having a poo!) i know its gross and everything but im wondering how it is, is it different when you dont eat etc?? and if you were 'regular' before will it change initially do you reckon and then go back to how it was....??

i had a couple of those free packets of fibreclear thrown in when i started last thursday and thought id give that a try yesterday (1 tsp as it suggested) but to no avail and so doubled it today, still nothing lol

h x:confused:

I had the same problem when on LT! Tried everything but had to have a senokot twice a week to keep things going!! Usually take the night before weigt in for max losses - if you know what I mean!!!

No probs in that department, once a day, but prior to dieting at least a couple of times a day. Mind you a tea time session and a take-away what do you expect.

First time round I was in a terrible state with constipation and had to resort to suppositories. Then I discovered a natural bulking agent with no carbs or cals called psyllium husks - they come in capsule or powder form. I use the powder added to my shakes and soups to thicken them - they're really filling that way and the husks bulk up inside you to prevent constipation.
They're ok on a VLCD as you can't digest them - they just absorb liquid as they pass through you - like a sponge! This time around I've used them from day 1!

Here's a link to where I get them

Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub

Other people have different solutions but I always think it's better to prevent than to treat.

I'm only on it two days now.
don't feel constipated yet no sign of anything, should there be?

No..you shouldnt...a lot of people of no problems and find the water keep them moving along...however a few of us had a lot of probs in the loo area....tried everything.....but what Russiandoll recommends have worked a treat (so to speak LOL) for a lot of the gals!!

Today I decided to stop eating the fiber clear stuff as I was getting diarrohea and yesterday I couldnt make it to the loo quick enough!!! How embarrassing to tell you all!!

So I have decided to go a few days without it and see what happens.

Everyone is different ... we all just need to learn about our own bodies and work out what does or doesn't work.

Sorry to hear about your embarrassing 'event' curly ... but it's all a learning curve eh? :eek:

Today I decided to stop eating the fiber clear stuff as I was getting diarrohea and yesterday I couldnt make it to the loo quick enough!!! How embarrassing to tell you all!!

So I have decided to go a few days without it and see what happens.

sounds like your 'running' before you can walk:psorry! xx

Hehe no i have a worse one!
My friends mam gave her tablets for a headache, the disolvable ones. A while later my friend got a call saying "ehh i actidently gave you laxitives" so my friend-now feeling the effects- drove home but as she pulled into her drive way she couldn't hold it anymore........ hehe i STILL laugh about that, she HATES when i bring it up!

I have one ...

when I was in a health food shop a while back buying psyllium husks, the shop assistant at the till said "Here - have a free sample of these" and gave me a little packet with what looked like a chewit in it. I just thought they were 'natural' sweets.

A couple of days later, DH and me were outside B&Q when I spotted it in my bag and said "Here- would you like a sweet? I can't have it because of the diet".
He was a bit dubious and asked what it was - I said a sweet from the health food shop. He opened it and I noticed it was sort of 'divided' down the middle - like it was in two halves.

He popped on in his mouth and started chewing away whilst I read what was on the packet.
"It tastes a bit weird" he said as I read - HALF to be taken before bed for relief in the morning :eek:
Laxative sweets?? How was I supposed to know?

Poor bloke was stuck to the toilet later that evening - I felt awful!!

I was fine when I was on the good ole lipo......since i have finished the diet.....now i cant go! Typical eh?!
Plenty of water girlies!!!!!!

I have one ...

when I was in a health food shop a while back buying psyllium husks, the shop assistant at the till said "Here - have a free sample of these" and gave me a little packet with what looked like a chewit in it. I just thought they were 'natural' sweets.

A couple of days later, DH and me were outside B&Q when I spotted it in my bag and said "Here- would you like a sweet? I can't have it because of the diet".
He was a bit dubious and asked what it was - I said a sweet from the health food shop. He opened it and I noticed it was sort of 'divided' down the middle - like it was in two halves.

He popped on in his mouth and started chewing away whilst I read what was on the packet.
"It tastes a bit weird" he said as I read - HALF to be taken before bed for relief in the morning :eek:
Laxative sweets?? How was I supposed to know?

Poor bloke was stuck to the toilet later that evening - I felt awful!!

lol.... that is sooo funny :)

Oh, Russian Doll, I would have wet myself with laughter (whilst trying to apologise profusely!) I hope he forgave you?

I have just ordered some psyllium husks off the internet as everything seems to have gone a bit dormant (and the hot water is doing nothing). How do I prepare them - just stick a spoonful in my shake? Do they taste funny or have a funny texture? I'm funny with textures and struggle to swallow my shake if it has the slightest lump in it! :eek:

hey I struggled quite bad when I first started but as soon as I upped my water to 5litres plus I was ok. But I have got stuff on standby just incase!! ha ha to all your stories!! they cracked me up!! x

I have just ordered some psyllium husks off the internet as everything seems to have gone a bit dormant (and the hot water is doing nothing). How do I prepare them - just stick a spoonful in my shake? Do they taste funny or have a funny texture? I'm funny with textures and struggle to swallow my shake if it has the slightest lump in it! :eek:

Hi Julie
You can do a couple of things ... you can either put a teaspoon in with your shake and whizz it up with your blender to have a slightly thicker shake (if you do it right, there won't be lumps) .. or you can make them into a sort of semolina / porrige type thing which you can eat out of a bowl for brekkie.
If you fancy that, then PM me and I'll give you the instructions so it doesn't come out lumpy or gloopy.
You can also make thick soup with them following the same principle.

They don't have a particularly strong taste - the shakes are enough to cover it. I find the texture ok providing it's consumed reasonably quickly - because the longer you leave them, the more liquid they absorb and eventually they'd become too thick to drink!

I'm at the end of day 3 and had PH since day 1 ... pleased to report no problems in 'that' dept at all (and I'm also pleased to say I won't have to resort to a laxative chewit!!)

and yes - he DID forgive me!! lol :sick0019:

Back