Bella magazine

dreamslim

Silver Member
Picked up bella magazine today as they have a slimming world feature in it 'one pot meal plan'.
Only problem I have with it is it states on the front you can lose 4lb in one week - doesn't seem very much like slimming world does it? I know you can lose 4lb but slimming world doesn't normally set people up for that so their not too defeated if it doesn't happen.
Anyway, I won't be able to read this till I get home so just wondering if anyone else has seen/read this and what they thought.

You most probably can in your first week on SW.

If they marketed the magazine with "you can lose 1-2lb a week" then I doubt they'd sell many, but I suspect (without having seen the magazine) that that is where they are coming from.

jaylou said:
You most probably can in your first week on SW.

If they marketed the magazine with "you can lose 1-2lb a week" then I doubt they'd sell many, but I suspect (without having seen the magazine) that that is where they are coming from.

Yeah I had a quick nose inside and inside it says 'up to' and then there's small print that says sw expects a healthy weight loss of 1-2 a week but it may be more in first week.
I feel better now. Haha. Some recipes in there from the all in one book if anyone fancies a nose and a money off voucher for online (which is presumably why it wasn't mentioned in my group)

I think it is quite acceptable for a 4lb lose in the FIRST week if that is what it really is first, for many of us we are returning after yo-yo dieting and the more often you start a diet the harder it is to loose the big numbers - I think the body thinks 'here we go again!! ' I also think programs like 'Big Loser' do not help as the contestants are disappointed by only losing 3-4lb, this is not a reflection of a sensible eating/exercise program.

I don't want people to think I'm having a go at sw. Sorry. I'm sure they don't choose the front cover and it's more likely Bella picking up on the 'up to 4lb' comment and making it solid fact, ya know. It's more of a concern that people who buy it may expect that loss and if they don't get that, think that sw is crap when we all know otherwise. Ya know?

rootsfran said:
Who is Dawn French mad with? :)

Haha. Anne diamond apparently. She supposedly wrote an open letter to dawn French saying that people would criticise her for her weight loss but that she shouldn't listen to them. Lol.
Personally I think it's Bella making up rows as they tend to do. :)

Haha. Anne diamond apparently. She supposedly wrote an open letter to dawn French saying that people would criticise her for her weight loss but that she shouldn't listen to them. Lol.
Personally I think it's Bella making up rows as they tend to do. :)

I also think programs like 'Big Loser' do not help as the contestants are disappointed by only losing 3-4lb, this is not a reflection of a sensible eating/exercise program.

Ooooh, I agree! Makes me so irritated when one of them loses 6 pounds then pulls a face like a smacked arse and pronounces themselves 'devastated'. :rolleyes:

Im so glad I dont have a telly :D

I don't want people to think I'm having a go at sw. Sorry. I'm sure they don't choose the front cover and it's more likely Bella picking up on the 'up to 4lb' comment and making it solid fact, ya know. It's more of a concern that people who buy it may expect that loss and if they don't get that, think that sw is crap when we all know otherwise. Ya know?

Yeah I get you. I lost 1.5lb in my first week then 3 the next so I would read that & think "but I didn't lose that much in week 1!". I think intially the 4lb loss would appeal to everyone but anyone wanting to lose weight & keep it off will hopefully know that 1-2lb a week is steady & healthy.

Back