Benefiber?

festivalfairy

Finally a size 12!
Can we take any fibre supplements???? I bought a pack of benefibre as it was £1 in tesco ha ha ha reduced but dont wanna take it yet till i know we can??? :)

Well its recommended that you take a fibre supplement on Cd to prevent constipation. Not sure if Benefibre is ok though. I know Psyllium husks (raw form or in Fibresure tablets) are ok, as are inulin based fibre supplements, like Cambridge's fibre89 or Fibresure powder. benefibre is 100% wheat dextrin though so really dont know? Dextrin is a carbohydrate though, so i'm thinking maybe not?

Can't really add anything further to Karen O's post very informative but I can tell you that you must take something. I'm using Fibresure capsules since I started and it's really doing the job! Hasn't effected weight loss or ketosis as far as I can see.

Where do you buy fibresure tablets from? Will a normal chemist have them?

You can get them from most supermarkets - i know Tesco stock them for sure. Dont think Boots do though, could be wrong!

What are those husk things??? Can u make them into porrige?

The difference between benefiber and cd fibre 89 is

fibre 89

per serving 4 cal
carb 0.2g
carb of which sugars 0.2g

Benefibre

per serving 7cal
carb 0.5g
carb of which sugars 0g

To be honest I personally cannot see it is going to make much difference if you used product as the cals and carbs are minimal and obviously better that you suffering constipation.(my personal view not CD)

julesrush
cdc norwich

Better to have it than suffer!!! I thought the toilet issues were going to be my downfall with this diet, but Hotsuff recommended Fibersure and I after a week of taking it (I didnt start off with a lax first) things turned around for me and I've not had any major issues since :)

Starting to reduce the dose now that I am moving up the plans :)

Back