Berry's diary

Thanks guys.
T2G how are you?
DD I think it is over- thank the lord!!!!!!!!!

So carpets all down and looks nice, funny though it is literally the EXACT colour I had before (minus all the wear and tear/stains etc) which is kind of boring but at the same time I know I like the colour and it goes with everything. I was so worried about changing it something different and not liking it. Plus the company were really reasonable so if we want to change again in a few years that isn't disasterous. Feels nice and squishy with new underlay. Just need to do a full on hoover and then the looooooong task of unboxing everything and putting things back where they belong which will take up the weekend I think.

I am going to see my friend in a play this evening at the drama school she is at which will be fun. Going along with the girls so can have a nice catch up in the pub beforehand. I am having lunch with a few girls from work also.

I had my hair done last night with a new girl- she is AMAZING. I love it. Plus she managed to do a full head of highlights cut and blow dry in 3 hours which is a miracle for my hair. I went in 10 past 5 and was out by quarter past 8. So got home quite late and was tempted to put a pizza in but I really wanted to use more of the veg box and we had some pakoras left over so I defrosted some turkey mince and make AMAZING turkey burgers.

Ingredients (made 6 burgers)
500g turkey mince
1 red onion (grated)
1/2 swede (grated)
1 carrot (grated)
handful fresh coriander
sprinkling of black pepper& mixed herbs
1 egg

They were AMAZING just grilled them for about 10 min or so on each side. Super healthy, tasty and filling. I reckon about 100 calories a burger.

I served mine with a pitta cut in half and smeared with a bit of hummus, a spoonful of cottage cheese and some rocket. It was really really good.

However I was in a hungry mood so also ate 3 left over pakoras and LOADS of haagen daz- whoops! Like half a tub- eeeek. I have to learn not to buy the stuff because I cannot control myself with fancy icecream.

Well done on your loss Berryberry -fantastic, I love having new carpet always makes the house smell and look so nice, glad all the work is finished it must be nice being home again!

Your tea sounds so lovely, I can never just have one spoon of fancy ice cream I want to eat the lot so I don't have any opt for chocolate bar instead, while oh and the girls are tucking into their ice cream! xx

Argh standard Monday morning entry- I had a fatty bom bom weekend.

Friday night.......... I broke my lent!! Had full on chocolate! No excuse except I'm rubbish. I am getting back on the wagon today, I know it doesn't count as 100% but I still want to try and have none in the week because when I had those 4 cadbury mini easter eggs on Friday night they tasted AMAZING because I hadn't had it in so long.

I had a chicken caesar salad in a resturant that lunchtime which was delicious but big and then was at the Theatre straight from work so had a really bad "dinner" of aforementioned mini eggs, kettle chips and jelly beans!!! Then I had the remainder of the tub of haagen daz when I got home! Not good!!

Saturday I tidied the entire flat which took all day. Had two wholegrain bagels with nutella on (MORE choc!) plus picked at other stuff all day. Then went to Wahaca in the evening and for drinks afterward so bazillions of calories.

Sunday - had pancakes, chocolates and then curry.

So basically not a healthy weekend at ALL, I peeked on the scales this morning and eeeeeeeeeek hopefully just bloat from the curry but I need to behave til Thursday to make sure I don't gain!

Thinking of aubergine melt things this evening, salmon tomorrow and then prawn miso noodles on Wed before WI as they are pretty light. We'll see.

Finally have shaken the flu and have energy back so off to the gym this evening to do intervals on the treadmill.

God yesterday wasn't awful- I could not stop picking once I got home! Ate all evening little bits and bobs. Finished the last of the hagen daz- not allowed to have it in the house anymore now until I reach my goal because I just can't control myself with it.

I peeked on the scales this morn and was 134.6 eeeeeeeek!!! I am hoping that is enough to scare me back to best behaviour til Thursday. I have a bit of a wild weekend planned so know I will be up to 1500/2000 Fri, Sat, Sun most likely.

I really need to stay below 130lbs for Thursday's weigh in and stop messing about.

Today's plan is an eat natural bar for breakfast, fruit for lunch and snacks, boxing class this evening, then salmon fillet, sweet potato wedges and curly kale for dinner.

Is it the new Haagen daas??? I have decided when I reach my next goal ill treat myself to a tub of the tarte aux pommes mmmmmm I know it will be a mistake!!!

Oh my lord that sounds amazing! There is a Ben & Jerry's one that has chunks of apple pie in it that is scrumptious. Anyway, no it was the old favourite chocolate with pralines and caramel (OH SWEET LORD) and also rinsed through a tub of cookies and cream which I don't even like that much! Ridiculous behaviour. Icecream is my absolute favourite. However have today been fantasizing about kitkats, mini eggs and oreos.

I am now in the countdown to boxing at 6pm - then determined not to mess up this evening like I have been doing every night. Will have my dinner, a hot drink and then brush my teeth and be done! Need to keep low to have any hope of avoiding a gain on Thursday.

How are you guys getting on?

My husband has had waffles tonight warmed up with syrup and cream and I wasn't bothered cos I didn't think I liked waffles, I've just had a bite and they are divine!!!!!! I'm so mad at him I could have just gone on with my life never knowing about them and now I know they are delicious!!!!
Off to Zumba in an hour to think about something else other than going to the shop to buy more waffles!!!!!!! Lol :) x

Oh my gosh yum!!! I love waffles - don't ever have them in the house so quite a rare treat but they are so delish. There's an amazing place near our house that does them with all sorts of toppings and amazing gelato- reminds me I haven't been in a while!!!!

Hope Zumba was fun!

I'm feeling smug as managed to stick to plan today and am in bed, teeth brushed with a glass of water.

Worked really hard at boxing and did 10mins of 1 min intervals on the treadmill after! Wore my HRM and think I burnt at least 400 calories.

Dinner was really delicious and felt very healthy and like it was doing me good if you get me?

image-35069229.jpg

Salmon cooked in foil
Sweet potato wedges
Roasted fennel
Curly kale with red onion and garlic

Super tasty!

Thanks dd it was so tasty and easy to make :) Would highly recommend it. I bought a silicone sheet thing you put on baking tray or oven tray and it cooked the wedges so nicely and they didn't stick at all!

Yesterday's totals....

B
Cuppa 30
Banana 95

L
Cappuccino 74
Eat Natural bar 228

D
Salmon fillet 231
Sweet potato wedges 156
Curly kale 28
1/2 fennel bulb 19
Olive oil 119
Red onion 19

TOTAL 999
STEPS 12,023 (including boxing)

Have my food all planned out for today and hoping to do another low before WI tomorrow. I am expecting a STS or gain still though from my peek this morning. Having salmon again this evening as there were 4 fillets in the packet but will have it with miso soup, mushrooms, courgette, chilli and giner and soy sauce etc to make it more asian and different flavours than yesterday.

Tea looks great. I've never had curly kale but its mean to b really good for you. What does it taste like? I imagine cabbage x

Yeah sort of cabbage/spinach taste. Its good with other flavours added to it. Like I had it with garlic and thinly sliced red onion. Its also good with chilli and ginger and soy sauce or rosemary. Its really filling too - give it a whirl :)

Berry have u been to yo sushi?? Is it nice and is it quite a good cal choice rather than lunching somewhere else???

Hi jo- yes love yo sushi!! Although find I have to eat a million plates to fill me up- but it's scrumptious.

So wi tomorrow- was über good all day- did a hardcore circuits session to the point I almost puked- came home and went via sainsburys to get my bf some treats as he is going away with work tomorrow and I bought an effing Terry's Choc orange for £1.50 - I've eaten half of the bloody thing :( :( the night before weigh in!! Plus clearly totally screwed up lent!!!!

My dinner is super healthy but not going to remedy that binge :(

image-3994123286.jpg

Salmon fillet with a miso broth full of veg.

Ahhhh anyway it was delish and I guess I'm in no major rush to lose the last 10lbs so will try not to be disheartened tomorrow.

Err up to 130.4 today so +1lb whoops! I know have to lose 1lb a week to meet my 9st target by easter. I have been craving junk (sugar) in the evenings loads recently. Going to finish the choc orange tonight but will then try and stop there. My bf is away with work so I can have soup for dinner this eve and friday night before my girly weekend because Saturday will be uber high calories.

Annoyed with myself as food has been good, I just have been ruining it with chocolate!

Yesterday:

B
Cuppa 30
Eat natural bar 228

L
Cherry tomatoes 15
Celery 17
Peanut butter 207

D
Miso 27
Mushrooms 26
Red onion 19
Curly kale 28
Courgette 18
Salmon 231

S
Terry's choc orange (LOADS) 613

TOTAL 1459
STEPS 9,659

I did do an intense circuits session so burnt 300-400 at least. I didn't wear my HRM but fitbit gave me 273 anyway so I was just in the green by a snip.

In a bad mood now so about to have a frusli hazelnut and raisin bar for breakfast with a cup of tea and see if that perks me up.

Hi Donna- thanks and yes I LOVE salmon its so yum. I usually just make a foil parcel with dribble of olive oil, dribble of water some chopped spring onion and then put the salmon in and I have smoked chilli, garlic and pepper grinder thing from M&S which I grind all over it before it goes in the oven.

image-1358333509.jpg

Tuna hash salad.
Was meant to be tuna fish cakes but I have no eggs and so they wouldn't hold in cake shape in the pan so it's just sort of browned tuna with tbsp 0% Greek yogurt and spring onion chopped up. Served on rocket with cherry tomatoes and chive cottage cheese. Tasty!

I did three classes at the gym! But I also ate all the rest of the chocolate orange plus some other Choc my bf left!

Back