Best day for weight loss??

schweetiiness

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what the best day was for the most successful weightloss?

I always have a mix of days but I mostly do Green which is more carbhy

Sorry if its a silly question but I've always just wondered!

Thanks =) xxx

There is no best plan - all the plans work well so you just need to find the one that fits best with your lifestyle. So I'm sure everyone will have their own particular favourite but no-one can say to you that if you do a red/green/EE you will lose the most weight.

Vareity is the spice of life- mix it up and just enjoy the plan. I find that if i lay off having full weeks of green days my body isnt so bloated bu then again i always lose on green weeks.

Now i always mix it up- only coz i go out often for meals at the weekends and i find EE is most convienant. :)

I think aswell different plans work best for different people, depending on your metabolism etc. At my group I know people that wont dare touch EE or green and swear by original...whereas Im used to and have only ever done green. Another woman lost 10lbs in 3 weeks doing EE which is more than I have, making you wonder about it all lol.

Thanks Niknaks! I just wondered 'coz when you read diets in magazines it says you should cut down on carbs & avoid carbs & Green is quite carbhy! =)

I agree, it is completely down to the individual. Most people in my group do green and lose 1-2lb per week. I personally cannot handle carbs and do mainly original days. I once did a week of all green and gained 1/2lb, so won't be doing that again!

It is just a case of experimenting to see which suits you best.

My mum has a theory that if you are an "O" blood group, then red days work best (this does seem to fit with everyone I know, but don't think this is based on any scientific evidence, so could be just a conicidence....)

Thanks Niknaks! I just wondered 'coz when you read diets in magazines it says you should cut down on carbs & avoid carbs & Green is quite carbhy! =)

But when they say they they are not talking about the complex carbs you have on a green day. I'm vegetarian and so do green every day and I lost over 100lb in 11 months.

My mum has a theory that if you are an "O" blood group, then red days work best (this does seem to fit with everyone I know, but don't think this is based on any scientific evidence, so could be just a conicidence....)

I looked this up when you mentioned it and there maybe some scientific knowledge for this as I have heard of the blood group diet i'm AB + and mine said

Explains D’Adamo. He also suggests that Type AB pay attention to combining certain foods. For example, you’ll digest and metabolize foods more efficiently if you avoid eating starches and proteins in the same meal.

For me this would be right I follow red/original and try not to mix if I can avoid and its definitely working for me :D

Interesting I think x

Expert on all lol! Best plan is EE by far, least like a diet, plenty to choose from, no problems with eating out etc etc. The ones in our group doing this plan seem to lose the most weight, I'd say at least 10 members. I always found green worse for me to lose, as too many carbs. The body burns off protein quicker than carbohydrates and I find that seems to be true in my experience with better losses on Red/EE. Just my opinion lol! :coffee:

I agree, it is completely down to the individual. Most people in my group do green and lose 1-2lb per week. I personally cannot handle carbs and do mainly original days. I once did a week of all green and gained 1/2lb, so won't be doing that again!

It is just a case of experimenting to see which suits you best.

I'm O pos, maybe true!!! Green doesn't work for me.

definatly sounds it! i seem to still lose weight each week doing just the red and green days, extra easy just seems too good to be true!! but I'm trying it out today and yes it is really easy lol! going to look into my blood type and see what it says for me, will be interesting! x

I've just searched for mine, I'm A negetive

Type A ("for agrarian") flourishes on vegetarian diets "the inheritance of their more settled and less warlike farmer ancestors," says D'Adamo. The type A diet contains soy proteins, grains, and organic vegetables and encourages gentle exercise."

It's really interesting!! tells me what I should do like always go to bed before 11pm and sleep for 8 hours and never linger in bed, always get up and get going!! also that red meat is a toxic to me but I love steaks!! =(

I find original are best for weight loss - possibly as I eat less then as things come in handy portion sizes (e.g. I will have 1 chicken breast or one tin of tuna with veg for my lunch) whereas with green it is easier to pile it up on the plate. EE is by far the easiest for me to stick to though, especially as I eat with the family in the evening. This week I am planning on doing EE, but make sure my lunches are original (if that makes sense, LOL).

In the past, before EE, I used to do red and green. Since I rejoined SW, I have only done EE, and looking back my weight losses were roughly the same on all plans.
I, however, fell off the wagon in the old plans, even after targeting as I found them too restrictive. I love EE, and will be doing it for life, as it's not a diet but healthy eating and I don't miss anything.
I am O+ and I don't think it has made any difference which plan I was on.

I'm not going to start the blood type diet but from what I've read about what I'm supposed to be like as a person from having that blood type it is pretty true...very odd... but still interesting to read! =)

Well I'm O postive and have previously lost 4 stone doing mainly green days (I'm back again after falling off the wagon and gaining 2 stone). I don't like meat very often, so I think stick to what you enjoy and works for you. All diets work if you stick to them, it's the sticking to them long term that's the tricky part!

Back