Bethyi's Diary.

I suppose it started when I came back to university after the half term break. I started Lipotrim while I was at home with my supportive mother who babied me through my first week and held my hand the entire time. I was so excited about getting back to university and my friends who hadn't known I was going to be dieting. I couldn't wait to see their faces when I walked in the room 10lbs lighter. The first need had been a noticeable change for me according to my measurements and I figured they'd notice too, and be happy for me of course.

Well I got back last Monday and no one said anything, other than my boyfriend who has known about my decision and stood behind me 100% and was very shocked at the difference a week had made. I told them I lost weight and they all kind of said the same thing "Oh, yeah, you do look slimmer." or "I don't see weight in people." (bullshit)

I was so downspirited, but luckily my fella was there to help me through that day and the difficult days that followed. By the time Monday, my first day back, was over I was ready to tuck into a greasy takeaway, not because they hadn't noticed but because my 'friends' took it upon themselves to gang up on me in the kitchen where I had wanted to hang out as we all had before half term and told me how I was hurting myself, how no one can live without food, how stupid I was, how it was going to make me sick, how I wasn't getting the nutrition I needed and many other things along those lines.

I ended up escaping to my room where I cried for hours while my boyfriend tried to comfort me. I knew people wouldn't agree with it, but I thought m flatmates and best friends would have stuck by me, whether they understood or not.

Things cooled down over the next day or two but I knew they were still judging me. They'd agreed to not speak about it to any of our other friends. I didn't want a repeat of Monday and they knew they had bullied me about it when they ganged up in the kitchen.

I've spent the last week avoiding them almost completely. I don't feel like they're my friends anymore. I hate it when my boyfriend tells me that "It's because they love you." because I only class one of the group as a close friend, the rest I either don't like or put up with because that one girl likes them, or because I live with some.

I have spent the last week living in my bedroom. I rarely venture to the kitchen. I have a sink in my room or water which I drink from and use to make my shakes. Partly I don't want to talk to them, partly I don't want another confrontation. I feel lonely and as much as those who have been supportive have tried to help, I feel sad.

Fastforward to today. I needed to get a fork from the kitchen. I could hear they were all in there laughing and joking. I could hear pots and pans going so I knew they were eating together. I was going to be strong. I was going to go in, get a fork, make some idle chit-chat then go back to my room to make my shake.

The minute I walked into the kitchen one of my flat mates said "Beth have some watermelon. You're allowed it." I just wanted to shout at him. He KNOWS what the diet entails, no food, which was the entire reason I had to go through all that **** on monday. I just wanted to get my fork and go, so I said "No I'm not." of course they couldn't leave it there. "Yes you are, it's fruit."

"Yeah, and that's why I can't have it... It's food." which he replied to by saying "It's like 90% water! You can have it!" This is where it got bad. I knew they weren't going to support me or make an effort to understand, I was okay with that, I don't like that guy anyway. He came at me with the watermelon and tried to MAKE me eat it. I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't. I didn't expect such disgusting behavior from him; he is a vegetarian, I wouldn't try to force chicken down his throat.

Of course this lead to more of the same from Monday night and I was ready to just be like "Okay." and leave. The girl I'm close to, who doesn't understand or agree with the diet but has been helpful anyway could see it was upsetting me and changed the subject to the lovebites on me neck, knowing I would use it as an excuse to dart out, when I did she started pretending she was going to follow me down the hall teasing but once we got out the kitchen she gave me a hug.

For the first time this year I really want to go home and get away from my so called 'friends'. I now understand why people don't usually tell others about this diet. I wish I'd kept it to myself on Monday.

Hi Beth,

sorry you're having such a tough time at the minute.

People who don't support the diet are looking for a reaction from you so they can start having a go.

If I'm in the situation where someone is trying to get me to eat something, I usually just remain smiling and keep saying "No, thankyou" as politely as I can. I don't enter into a disscussion of why I can't eat it. I just keep saying no thank you. If they really push it and keep asking why I say "Because I choose not to." That seems more positive than"I'm not allowed" and tends to head them off.

Keep your head held high and a smile on your face. You can do it.

Hi well done on sticking with lipotrim. I cant believe your housemates can be so cruel.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

I might go on the SW forum and tell them that there weight loss will be slow, confusing and difficult just because I'm a biatch lol

Back