Big day 16th September 2011

Fireyfox

Banned
Hi Everyone,

I started WW on 3rd November and I want to lose 4 stone 10lbs for my big day. That'll make me 9stone and 13lbs.

At the moment I weight 14 stone 2lbs.... (lost a fantastic 6.5lbs in my first weigh in).

I've already looking at the wedding dress thread but I have to say I'm concerned about starting to dress shop already. I was planning on going for the first time in January when I hope to have lost around two stone.

I've had so many different points of view - one person saying look in January and order a size smaller, another saying start looking immediately because it's not easy to choose and I'm totally confused.

Personally - I don't want to look until January, I know that if I look for dresses now that I'll just totally depress myself because I won't like how I look. I also know that I carry myself better when I'm thinner.

Will there really be any problems leaving it until January?

I'm really glad I found this thread and have to say everybody is a huge inspiration xx

welcome fireyfox!

nice to have u on board....

firstly in relation to the dress shopping u will have absolutely plenty of time to get a dress if you start in January, they reccommend about 6 months and you will still have 8 and a half...bags of time to find your perfect dress....me personally i ordered my dress early because i needed the incentive of the dress to fit into; it wasnt because i didnt want to leave it later.....but I think your logic is all there come January you will have lost a good few pounds and feeling more confident and you'll have more of an idea of what will suit your shape....

i've lost just over 3 stone but have 4 stone 13lbs to go befor emy big day [27.8.2011] so fingers crossed.....my losses have stalled slightly last couple of weeks so set myself an xmas target of 18 pounds so Im having to be super good until then!!!!

have u got any mini goals you would like to achieve before your ultimate goal of course?

chantelle x

Hi Chantelle,

Thanks for replying!! Ah, you make me feel better about dress shopping, that's a relief I shall stop panicking (for now!).

Losing over 3 stone already is fantastic! Well done, have you found it difficult? How are you finding the new Pro Points plan if you're doing it?

I have a few mini goals....

I want to lose a stone for my Work's Xmas party (3rd December)... I've lost 6.5 so that leaves 7.5... If I lose my predicted 3lbs this week and then 2lbs a week I will just scrape it!

I'd really like to lose 2 stone by my birthday (15th January) but that may be a bit steep, especially with Christmas between now and then. Still I shall aim high! I would settle for past my 10% (13st 2lbs) but ideally would like to be 12 stone 8.5lbs.

And I want to definitely be wearing size 14's comfortably by the end of January. Am still clinging onto my few generous pairs of size 16's at the moment but I know that I am really probably an 18!

Am feeling quite positive reading this board, I'm really looking forward to seeing some tangible results x

Hi Firefox
How are you??
How are you finding the pro points?

I am worried about finding a dress too, we are getting married in February. Have you been doing dress research? I am not sure what I want.

Well done on your weight loss so far and I look forward to hearing about your wedding plans xx

Back