Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Big day 16th September 2011

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by Fireyfox, 14 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Fireyfox

Fireyfox Banned

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Pro Points
    Hi Everyone,

I started WW on 3rd November and I want to lose 4 stone 10lbs for my big day. That'll make me 9stone and 13lbs.

At the moment I weight 14 stone 2lbs.... (lost a fantastic 6.5lbs in my first weigh in).

I've already looking at the wedding dress thread but I have to say I'm concerned about starting to dress shop already. I was planning on going for the first time in January when I hope to have lost around two stone.

I've had so many different points of view - one person saying look in January and order a size smaller, another saying start looking immediately because it's not easy to choose and I'm totally confused.

Personally - I don't want to look until January, I know that if I look for dresses now that I'll just totally depress myself because I won't like how I look. I also know that I carry myself better when I'm thinner.

Will there really be any problems leaving it until January?

I'm really glad I found this thread and have to say everybody is a huge inspiration xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chantelle

Chantelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.84%)
    Diet:
    LL
    welcome fireyfox!

nice to have u on board....

firstly in relation to the dress shopping u will have absolutely plenty of time to get a dress if you start in January, they reccommend about 6 months and you will still have 8 and a half...bags of time to find your perfect dress....me personally i ordered my dress early because i needed the incentive of the dress to fit into; it wasnt because i didnt want to leave it later.....but I think your logic is all there come January you will have lost a good few pounds and feeling more confident and you'll have more of an idea of what will suit your shape....

i've lost just over 3 stone but have 4 stone 13lbs to go befor emy big day [27.8.2011] so fingers crossed.....my losses have stalled slightly last couple of weeks so set myself an xmas target of 18 pounds so Im having to be super good until then!!!!

have u got any mini goals you would like to achieve before your ultimate goal of course?

chantelle x

4. Fireyfox

Fireyfox Banned

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Pro Points
    Hi Chantelle,

Thanks for replying!! Ah, you make me feel better about dress shopping, that's a relief I shall stop panicking (for now!).

Losing over 3 stone already is fantastic! Well done, have you found it difficult? How are you finding the new Pro Points plan if you're doing it?

I have a few mini goals....

I want to lose a stone for my Work's Xmas party (3rd December)... I've lost 6.5 so that leaves 7.5... If I lose my predicted 3lbs this week and then 2lbs a week I will just scrape it!

I'd really like to lose 2 stone by my birthday (15th January) but that may be a bit steep, especially with Christmas between now and then. Still I shall aim high! I would settle for past my 10% (13st 2lbs) but ideally would like to be 12 stone 8.5lbs.

And I want to definitely be wearing size 14's comfortably by the end of January. Am still clinging onto my few generous pairs of size 16's at the moment but I know that I am really probably an 18!

Am feeling quite positive reading this board, I'm really looking forward to seeing some tangible results x

5. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Hi Firefox
    How are you??
    How are you finding the pro points?

I am worried about finding a dress too, we are getting married in February. Have you been doing dress research? I am not sure what I want.

Well done on your weight loss so far and I look forward to hearing about your wedding plans xx

6. julie1231

julie1231 New Member

Last edited: 23 November 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.