Big day 16th September 2011

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by Fireyfox, 14 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Fireyfox

Fireyfox Banned

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Pro Points
    Hi Everyone,

I started WW on 3rd November and I want to lose 4 stone 10lbs for my big day. That'll make me 9stone and 13lbs.

At the moment I weight 14 stone 2lbs.... (lost a fantastic 6.5lbs in my first weigh in).

I've already looking at the wedding dress thread but I have to say I'm concerned about starting to dress shop already. I was planning on going for the first time in January when I hope to have lost around two stone.

I've had so many different points of view - one person saying look in January and order a size smaller, another saying start looking immediately because it's not easy to choose and I'm totally confused.

Personally - I don't want to look until January, I know that if I look for dresses now that I'll just totally depress myself because I won't like how I look. I also know that I carry myself better when I'm thinner.

Will there really be any problems leaving it until January?

I'm really glad I found this thread and have to say everybody is a huge inspiration xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chantelle

Chantelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.84%)
    Diet:
    LL
    welcome fireyfox!

nice to have u on board....

firstly in relation to the dress shopping u will have absolutely plenty of time to get a dress if you start in January, they reccommend about 6 months and you will still have 8 and a half...bags of time to find your perfect dress....me personally i ordered my dress early because i needed the incentive of the dress to fit into; it wasnt because i didnt want to leave it later.....but I think your logic is all there come January you will have lost a good few pounds and feeling more confident and you'll have more of an idea of what will suit your shape....

i've lost just over 3 stone but have 4 stone 13lbs to go befor emy big day [27.8.2011] so fingers crossed.....my losses have stalled slightly last couple of weeks so set myself an xmas target of 18 pounds so Im having to be super good until then!!!!

have u got any mini goals you would like to achieve before your ultimate goal of course?

chantelle x

4. Fireyfox

Fireyfox Banned

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Pro Points
    Hi Chantelle,

Thanks for replying!! Ah, you make me feel better about dress shopping, that's a relief I shall stop panicking (for now!).

Losing over 3 stone already is fantastic! Well done, have you found it difficult? How are you finding the new Pro Points plan if you're doing it?

I have a few mini goals....

I want to lose a stone for my Work's Xmas party (3rd December)... I've lost 6.5 so that leaves 7.5... If I lose my predicted 3lbs this week and then 2lbs a week I will just scrape it!

I'd really like to lose 2 stone by my birthday (15th January) but that may be a bit steep, especially with Christmas between now and then. Still I shall aim high! I would settle for past my 10% (13st 2lbs) but ideally would like to be 12 stone 8.5lbs.

And I want to definitely be wearing size 14's comfortably by the end of January. Am still clinging onto my few generous pairs of size 16's at the moment but I know that I am really probably an 18!

Am feeling quite positive reading this board, I'm really looking forward to seeing some tangible results x

5. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Hi Firefox
    How are you??
    How are you finding the pro points?

I am worried about finding a dress too, we are getting married in February. Have you been doing dress research? I am not sure what I want.

Well done on your weight loss so far and I look forward to hearing about your wedding plans xx

6. julie1231

julie1231 New Member

Last edited: 23 November 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.