Big Debate! Syns from day before??

Back to the original topic, I just wanted to add that I was going to do my syns weekly but when I mentioned this to my counsellor she really advised me against it. She gave me three reasons why not:

1.It tends to perpetuate that "diet" mentality, of starve then binge (but in a less extreme format).
2. It also encourages you to be just that little bit too restrictive on the days when you're having less syns, which can lead to overeating
3. Some people eat all their syns in the first days, and then end up playing catch up ie they have to reduce their syns

All of this is about the games our minds play when we think we're on a diet. It doesn't apply to everyone but definitely does to me, which is why I try and stick to my daily syns rather than going weekly.

She also said another mind trick is to count down your syns rather than up. So start with 15 (or 105) and count down to zero, rather than starting with 0 and counting up. Its a little thing but she said people are more likely to feel they have to stop when they reach 0, whereas if they're going up the numbers its easier to just carry on. Would love to know if thats true!

It's exactly as Mrs Robinson said and the theory is interesting and very true! However, the three points lean to a more mental reason why you shouldn't use your syns weekly and not the physical aspect of losing weight. Wether you have them weekly or daily the same amount of food/drink is going into your body, it's whether, like mentioned above, you have the will power to stop yourself bingeing once you have started.

Right thanks ladies, i have always just stuck to my daily syns, but i think im going to stick to 10 syns a day then at the weekend when i go out i could have 7 morgans spiced n diet coke n still not go over my syns :)

Well I weighed in and STS - Think last wk myst have caught up with me, oh well, onwards and upwards for next week! x

Well I weighed in and STS - Think last wk myst have caught up with me, oh well, onwards and upwards for next week! x
hey hun...at least it wasnt a gain!!

i lost 1.5lbs this week :)

I mostly stick to my syns on a daily basis, but if i dont use them all up i carry them forward, sometimes for a couple of weeks, especially if i know there is a party or meal out coming up. I'm sure this isn't allowed really, but i'll mix and match my HEX too, i use 1 HEA every other day on milk, so day one i have just 1/2 A group and next day 1.5 HEA.
I'll also use HEB later in the week if not used.
So basically in a week i have 7 HEA and 14 HEB and 70 syns. Green All the time
worked fab for me :)

Back