Big Mumma's diary...

bigmumma

Im only on my first week of the exante diet but, like alot of you on here, thought I'd do a diary of how I'm getting on. I have alot of weight to lose, around 5 stone to be realistic. To be honest, my weight hasnt bothered me too much atall but me and hubby are desperately needing IVF and the clinic wont help until I lose the weight. Im 38 this month so time isnt on my side to shift the weight, hence why I decided to do exante. Never done a diet like this before so its a new experience for me and I'm hoping the weight will come off mega quickly so we can crack on with drugs galore to get me preggers! The daytime doesnt seem too bad without f**d, its when 5pm arrives and I have to cook for hubby and son and its hard cos I cant eat! Still, son is off to bed soon which means I shall indulge in a space pack of mushroom soup tonight followed by a black tea. Hot bath and then snuggle into bed to watch some telly. At the moment I cant sit and relax of an evening as this was when I would love to eat so I make myself go upstairs to relax so temptation isnt there. Hubby loves it as he has the remote to himself and the sofa too! Not very sociable I know but its only until I can resist the temptation to eat. Right, a new day is looming so positive thoughts everyone and I'll bore you soon with my next update of how I'm doing.

Hi
Good luck with your weight loss, me and hubbie need icsi and I know how hard it is to need to lose weight for something so important! It's alot of extra weight to carry on your shoulders! After a difficult few months we accepted we had to lose it and found Exante.
I can't wait to go and see the consultants face when hubbie walks in with a bmi of under 30! - he straight out said hubby would never do it because of his frame! Lol
Anyway good luck and I can't wait to see how you get on xx
:)

Good luck to you and Hubby too! My husbands BMI is 40 but he refuses to do the exante diet so has chosen to do healthy eating instead. NHS wont fund treatment for us as we already have a son, so we went to see the private clinic who said that even though everything for making a baby is fine with me I still have to lose 5 stone before they'll help. Hubby is the one who needs the help with his 'seeds' (!!) but was told that it wasnt necessary for him to lose the weight, only me. Life is unfair on so many levels isnt it and men really do seem to get the easy ride 99% of the time! So, I have to lose mega pounds in the weight department but save mega pounds in the money dept to pay for IVF. Still, one huge hurdle at a time, so am just concentrating on ridding myself of the bulk first! Have found the last couple of days ok but man, I have never had constipation like this ever! I hope its not a side effect throughout otherwise I shall have to invest in some serious lax's! Hope you've been positive so far, keep up the good work both of you!

bigmumma said:
Good luck to you and Hubby too! My husbands BMI is 40 but he refuses to do the exante diet so has chosen to do healthy eating instead. NHS wont fund treatment for us as we already have a son, so we went to see the private clinic who said that even though everything for making a baby is fine with me I still have to lose 5 stone before they'll help. Hubby is the one who needs the help with his 'seeds' (!!) but was told that it wasnt necessary for him to lose the weight, only me. Life is unfair on so many levels isnt it and men really do seem to get the easy ride 99% of the time! So, I have to lose mega pounds in the weight department but save mega pounds in the money dept to pay for IVF. Still, one huge hurdle at a time, so am just concentrating on ridding myself of the bulk first! Have found the last couple of days ok but man, I have never had constipation like this ever! I hope its not a side effect throughout otherwise I shall have to invest in some serious lax's! Hope you've been positive so far, keep up the good work both of you!

Oh right then, must be because it's NHS funded for us then for hubby's to be under 30! He tried healthy eating but he was getting frustrated and he wanted to try this!!!!! He has more staying power than me at the moment lol
We get one shot free then we have to pay :( looking for a managers job at the moment to increase my income so we can start saving for a second go if needed!

As for the constipation, ive not been bad, I find drinking lots of water helps a lot. I know a few people suffer
I think there's quite a few threads on toilet trouble :)

Trying to be positive now it's been tough but feel like we are finally getting there, hope you get the results you need there's some very inspirational people on here that have lost loads of weight in such a short space of time! Good luck for both of you as well :) x

Back