Biggest Loss in a week ?

cmacca

Just seen Sarah M's post where she lost 15lbs in her first week which is amazing, just thought it may be fun to see what the biggest week 1 loss was out of us all, mine was 8lbs so no where near !!

When i started back in march i lost 12lbs the first week. I gave up after about 3 months then restarted again a few weeks ago, i lost 17lb in my first week of restart. But i have heard of people losing 20lb in their first week, usually men though.

My biggest loss was 9lbs in week 5 so nowhere near the record. One girl in my LL group lost 18lbs her first week which was amazing!

I lost 11lbs in week 12 whilst on LL - still don't know how it happened and the LLC couldn't explain it!!

Curious and curiouser!!!!

but does it not depend on how big u are in the first place, for instance the bigger you are the more you are likely to loose?

It didn't with me - I started out with 3 stones to lose and had the biggest single week weight loss (11lbs) in week 12!!!

I know that really big people lose lots of week during the initial weeks and months and that it slows down as you fat stores reduce but in my case something odd happened!

I wish it would happen again (if only I'd kept a diary I could have looked back at that week to see what might have made the difference!). I'm currently stuck at 10st and I've been struggling to lose that last 7 lbs for the past month or more - just can't get into the swing of it.

I'm on and off the diet more often than a fare dodger on the train. I think that because I look okay now and can wear my size 10 jeans and trousers (size 12 on top since my boobs returned - much to the joy and delight of my husband :cool: so take heart girls they don't stay gone forever) I think, "what the hell?". But the hell is that at 10 st I just manage to slip below a BMI of 25 with little room for manoeuvre (e.g. Christmas or holiday celebrations) whereas at 9st 7lbs I could have the occasional splurge and still remain a healthy weight.

We're complex creatures, aren't we?

I lost 17lbs in my first week!

I lost 11lb in my first week, which compared to some is not much(considering how much i have to lose!!) but i also had a big loss the second week so i guess it balanced out :)

I personally have only ever lost a maximum of 8 lbs in a week, but when I was doing LL one of the guys doing the diet lost 1 lb short of 2 stone in his first week ..... 23 lbs in 1 week. He carried on with the big losses for a few more weeks at 10 or 12 lbs a week, and totalled nearly 4 stone in his first month. Then he hit problems .... he got gout, amongst other things, and his losses tailed off until he went 3 or 4 weeks without losing a thing - in fact he put 1 lb back on. The LLC was totally and utterly unsupportive and basically blasted him for "breaking the diet and lying about it" which I thought was over the top and totally uncalled for ...... and that was the point at which I decided I would be jumping ship as soon as I could and move to CD.

Naturally, the guy stopped coming to LL, and I have no idea what happenned to him after that .....

He was doing so well, and amazingly it was the LLC herself that derailed him .....

when i did LL i lost 16lbs in week 1

This Poll was of 144 people from the Cambridge Forum

Weight lost in the first 7 days of Cambridge Sole Source

Up to 3 pounds
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
3-5 pounds
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
6-8 pounds
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
9-11 pounds
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
12-14 pounds
bar6-l.gif
bar6.gif
bar6-r.gif
15-17 pounds
bar1-l.gif
bar1.gif
bar1-r.gif
18-20 pounds
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif

I lost 11 first time round.......and 10 this time

27lbs is just mental lol

Hey Big H, if you had been there when I first met the guy!!!

We got to talking and he said that his major goal in life was to get stuck in the office turnstile so that he could get in the company magazine and get his 15 minutes of fame!!!!

He was a hoot!

Hey Big H, if you had been there when I first met the guy!!!

We got to talking and he said that his major goal in life was to get stuck in the office turnstile so that he could get in the company magazine and get his 15 minutes of fame!!!!

He was a hoot!

Hahaha - quality !

Back