Binge

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by dreamt9, 9 March 2011 Social URL.

1. dreamt9

dreamt9 Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yikes, I've just had a binging session! I'm stuck in meetings all afternoon and was absolutely starving even though I'd already had lunch, so (be prepared to be shocked) I've just had:
    - two slices of bread with humous
    - 4 chunks of chocolate
    - 5 mini choc fingers

Ooooooooooooo I feel rotten now!

Anyone else had a breakdown in willpower?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lady A

Lady A Loves to Shop!

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh poppet!

As disappointing as these days are....we all have them. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Just draw a line under it and move on. It's not that majorly horrific if you look at it from a slimming world perspective but I don't know exactly how frightening it is from weight watchers. Do you have any low point or no point foods that you could take with you to munch on next time? Please don't give up just try and plan your meals and snacks for the week as I find that helps me a lot. All the best on your weightloss journey :)

4. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Compared to some of my binges in the past, I would say you have been fairly restrained!

Seriously though, don't be disheartened. These things happen and the best way to deal with it is to accept that no-one can be perfect 100% of the time. We will all continue to have days like these. The important thing is to move on. You won't put on weight because of this one time. Maybe have a lighter dinner to make up for it?

Stay positive - you can do it :) :)

5. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    To be honest that isn't a whole lot of food (some people binge 5 times worse than that); that's just unhealthy food, except the bread with with humus wich is very healthy.

Did you eat the three things all at the same sitting? If so I can see why you could consider that a binge, but if it was in several snacks throughout the afternoon I wouldn't consider it a real binge, but something more like a naughty afternoon with some choc overeating.

Like Lady A says, draw a line under it and move on;)

xx

6. dreamt9

dreamt9 Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    thank you everyone, I really appreciate the support. When WW used to do the profile questionaire years ago, one of my traits was the inability to forgive myself and move on, so YES, I definitely need to learn out to draw the line and then get back on track.

My challenge for today is to eat just fruit and raw veggies (0 pts) if I get hungry between meals, and to eat low fat meals to compensate for yesterday.

If I could get some time to exercise too, that would be great, but you know what it's like with a full-time job, and kids (one of whom is off-sick and at home today, so can't even nip out for a run at lunch)! I'm def going to the gym tomorrow night though, even if it's just for a 30 min run on the treadmill.

Thanks again :)

7. dreamt9

dreamt9 Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Mari78, I'm am so so back on track! :) I've thankfully stayed the same this week, I would have been so gutted if I'd gained!

8. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    Congrats Dream :) I'm glad you're back on track. Hopefully you'll have a loss on the next WI ;)

9. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I know from experience how hard it is to get back on track after a binge. Well done on achieving it! Keep up the good work.

10. cactus

cactus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    71st5lb
    Current Weight:
    71st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting & Exercise
    i dont know whats wrong with me - when i binge i binge
    started diet yesterday done excellent all day - 9.00pm i ordered chinese curry chip fried rice breast chicken, went shop 2 litre bottle coke, double pack jaffa cakes (24), 2 packets m munch :(

11. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers Pro Points
    You've really helped me with this posting - thank you! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.