Extra Easy Birthday Party Buffet

LaurelAmy

Hi Everyone :D

My son is turning 1 on 25th may and we are having a birthday party for him, However I have decided that the majority of my buffet food WILL be slimming world friendly due to a lot of the people coming being on the slimming world diet!

Any Ideas as to what we could do?

:D

Hi hun, you could make SW quiche, tuna pasta salad, you could mix very low fat fromage frais mixed into sugar free jelly whilst the jelly is still liquid (add less water to jelly), scotch eggs using syn free or low syn sausages and rolled in couscous, savoury rice. hope this helps if not have a look in the recipe stickys. xxx Looby

You could make some sw crisps which will take ages to make but well worth it.
Or you could make some lettuce sandwiches, if you buy some chinease lettuce, the leaves are like little boats and fill them up with free fillings like ham, chicken, egg....

AnwenG said:
You could make some sw crisps which will take ages to make but well worth it.
Or you could make some lettuce sandwiches, if you buy some chinease lettuce, the leaves are like little boats and fill them up with free fillings like ham, chicken, egg....

SW crisps arnt free!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My son turns one on the 11th May and I'm doing a similar thing! Most of my relatives are following one type of weight-loss plan or another, so while I'm not doing a strictly slimming world buffet, I am trying to make sure there are lots of options for different people.

My family always do one warm meal at buffets, so I'm making chili with extra lean mince and I'll use my slow cooker to keep it warm. We usually serve it with cheese and doritos, so I'll have those for people who aren't on a diet (but it will be Kerry Low-low grated cheese, haha!) but I'll have rice on offer as well.

I'm also going to do a tomato pasta salad dish. For nibbly things, I'm having hommous and crudites, cocktail sausages, a pot of cottage cheese, fairy cakes, a big bowl of salad, bread rolls and crackers, sugar-free jelly, slices of beef and I'm going to cook a gammon joint and have slices of ham from that.

That's about as far as I've got so far - I need more nibbly dishes I think, plus some more sweet things.

Have a look at some of the threads on taster sessions, BBQs and picnics as many of the ideas on them will also be good for a buffet ;)

thanks for this thread :) My little boy is being Christened in 2 weeks and instead of doing our usual post Christening M&S buffet I've decided to do it all myself so I stay on track. I'll treat myself to a cupcake (or 2 :D) but I want the bulk of the food to be free.

Do lots of salads (boiled eggs, new potatoes, lowfat cheese/feta, leaves, veg, cous cous, rice, pasta) Then meat platters and have pitta or brown bread rather than sandwiches so people can make their own. I made savory meatballs with pork mince, spices and egg to bind. Cooked in the oven. Put cocktail sticks in them like sausages on sticks. Scotch eggs are a winner but I use pork mince blitzed in a processor and a HE brown bread buzzed in processor. SW quiche or tortilla. Mini jacket pots filled with very low fat creme fraiche and chives if want something warm.
Try couscous bread. Ainsley Harriot couscous pack any flavour I think they are free or 0.5 syns for the pack (been a while since did SW) make it up with boiling water as instructions. Beat 2 eggs and add stir til well mixed. Place in microwave container (the chinese takeaway containers are ideal). I put the lid on but don't snap it down place it on top cook for 3 ish minutes. Look underneath the container if it has a wet looking patch it needs longer for the egg to cook. Cut into squares. Cube ham in it if you want. I also made free mint dip to go with it. Very low fat natural yogurt with a spoon of colemans garden mint sauce (NOT classic mint as that has sugar in it and has to be synned). Its delicious :D.

Last edited:
I LOVE the idea of the chilli.... I may do that one too.... Its nice to have something warm and nice to eat! thanks for all your great ideas everyone and I hope your son has a lovely first birthday Blaze x

Back