Bit Disheartened!!

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hi All,

I am a bit disheartened today....I am only on day 4 I know and I can't expect much, but I woke up this morning feeling quite a bit thinner, and so thought I would weigh myself, I know I should have waited until had been going a week, but thought it wouldnt hurt....anyway, result is that I have put on 1/2 a LB!!!!!!! :cry:
My partner, who has been eating his normal junk has lost 6lbs in 4 days!!!:mad:
Now I am coming up for TOTM any day now....but this is getting to me a bit....I am thinking that perhaps there is something wrong with the scales !!:cool: Probably not!!:(
It makes me think perhaps I should join a group again, so that I know that the scales are right....these scales I have at home can record different weights from one minute to the next...
What do you think? Is this TOTM? Am I eating too much?? Is there something wrong with me??? Have I just weighed too early???? Are the scales wrong?????
Any thoughts??

hi Thin Lizzy,

I think you've answered your own question. TOTM is a weird one for lots of us.

Are you comparing your weight on the same scales, or were you weighed by your Group Leader and then weighed yourself on your own scales this morning? Differing scales can vary.

As to whether you're eating too much, are you doing a mixture of red and green days? Not eating a bucket of pasta on a green day? I'm sure not!

Keep drinking the water, wait for the TOTM to pass, and I'm sure you'll have a good loss next week. PS: men always lose fast for some reason! Annoying eh?

Hi Joanne,
thank you for your reply....I have wieghed on the same scales...so it is not a difference in scales....I think that it is just the TOTM perhaps..and I have been doing all green days up until now...and I suppose you could say that I have eaten a lot of carbs...but not ridiculously so...but I will keep going...I know that TOTM does have a dramatic effect on me. So we shall see!!
Thanks again..

:sigh:

I always found that I needed a good mix of reds to greens to get a good loss, as I don't seem to do well on carbs... try putting some red days into the mix...

and keep drinking LOADS of water!

GOOD LUCK and Lizzy will get thin :)

Hey Thinlizzy, I have found that around TOTM I can put on anything up to 10 lbs so don't be alarmed!! :eek: Put the scales away, keep track of what you're eating and rest confident knowing that you WILL lose if you follow this properly ;)

Hi Lizzie!

I can gain anything upto 7lbs during the week before TTM. I know its coming, so at least I am prepared for it - also, I loose it again the following week. :scale:

One thing that I did find that helped, apart from fewer Green Days and more Red, is drinking lots of water. This sounds strange I know, but it helps not only with the bloating, but also mood swings.
Try not to stand on the scales before the week is up, otherwise one day you do weigh heavier than another.
Your Partner may be getting away with eating the junk food now, but that will eventually catch up with his waist too!

I have looked at all your day plans and there is nothing wrong with them, just eat and dont feel guilty!!!

Thanks guys....I know deep down that I just need to stick on this and all will be fine in the end...I know that, and I will keep going...It is the TOTM....I know it is....thanks

Even more peeved now....have stuck religiously to the diet all week.....TOTM started today...weighed myself this morning and am still the same as the day that I started the diet!!!!! Arrrrgggghhh ....will have been on the diet for a week tomorrow and nothing....please please please just let it be cos it is TOTM!!

Hi Thin Lizzy,

Don't panic, give it a few more days...

You said you were feeling thinner, this is a good sign.

Hang in there.

I get annoyed too when the scales don't move:mad::scale:

But I have learnt over time that if I am sticking with my diet that they will move.

As everyone has already said during totm you can gain loads just in fluid retention.

Love Mini xxx

I am sure that you will find it is TOTM and nothing more. Stick with it. Did you take your measurements before you started? I sometimes found that the tape measure changed even if the scales didn't. We have also had people in class that have stayed the same or a small loss in the first week and then had a dramatic loss in the second week. The other thing I found with green (apart from the fact carbs give me really bad wind!) is that if you are not careful you do not eat as much speed food as you would on red.

awww hun, dont let it get you down, it probably is just fluid retention caused by totm, i bet next week you will have a fab loss :)

Back