Bit of a ramble and buddy needed

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
Ok guys this is gonna be a long post so if you get bored easily I should give it a miss.

Last year I lost almost 4 stone with LL. Then I lost the plot and went back to bad eating habits and put half back on. I then decided that I was in the right frame of mind on the 30th Jan to get back on the VLCD wagon. I did quite well the first two weeks but then disaster struck. We have a neighbour who basically has had a meltdown. He is 51 and his girlfriend left him. Since then it has been a downward spiral and unfortunately I let myself become embroiled in the whole sorry mess. He has now been drinking constantly for about 4 weeks. I am talking 10 to 12 litres of cider a day!!! I was initially trying to help him but it has just been too much for even me. We have tried every avenue to get him help but basically until he decides to stop drinking there is nothing anyone can do. The police are here two to three times a day and he gets taken away for a few hours then bought back again. Last week he was out on the drive with no pants or trousers on and covered him his own filth in front of mine and my neighbours children. Even then the police took him away for 9 hours and bought him back.

Basically whilst all this has been going on it has stressed me out so much that I have been binging all over the place. I am pretty sure I haven't gained back the 9lbs I lost in the first two weeks but I haven't been following the plan.

Although he is still around I have completely stepped back from the situation now and I just phone the police when he is outside thankfully he has stopped knocking on my doer. Now I have made this move I want to try and start over and stick rigidly to abstinance. I am ok ish in the evenings cos the other half is home and he keeps me focussed but I am surrounded by temptation during the day and really need a buddy. Someone who I can chat to on MSN sometimes, email and even text maybe. Hoping someone is up for offering themselves onto the chopping block and maybe I can do the same. I know I can come and post on Minis but sometimes when I come on and read about others struggling that makes me feel a bit negative too.

Hi Sharon. We started out together, not sure if you remember but anyway don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I've stuck to the plan since I started. If you need someone to keep you on the straight and narrow I'm your gal. PM me and we can swap mobile numbers.

Sharon. don't beat yourself up about this some folk don't want to be helped he's obviously on self destruct and determined to take along anyone else who gets in his way. You've done the right thing by taking a step back you need to look after you now. I hope you begin to feel better soon

Awww Sharon,
I'm so sorry you have been having such a rough time. I wondered where you'd got to.
You have been such a source of support on here to so many people and there's no shame in admitting that you now need support from others. We are all here to help each other out - wherever on the journey we are.
You have had a horrendous time with your neighbour and have made the brave decision to step back which I know must have been difficult for you.
I KNOW that you will do ok now that you are restarting and I would love to help you if I can. I have had several blips myself but am carrying on regardless with the hope that this Summer will be different and that I will feel lighter.
Please feel free to add me to your messy if you want to chat - I'm on often and usually late at night!
[email protected]
Keep your chin up love - stay strong and you WILL get there.
Take care
Tansyx:)

Sharon you have mine and I am always available to listen (if I'm online)I'm sorry you have been having a bad time

Hi Sharon

I'm happy to keep you on the straight and narrow anytime you need me, MSN is [email protected] but out of action at the mo as laptop broken, should be up and running in a couple of days. Always here for you hun

Georgie
xx

I know how you feel, I'm under massive amounts of stress and recently I've started picking, and we all know where picking leads :( My msn addy is [email protected] if you fancy having a chat xx

Thank you Colleen I have added you.

Hi Sharon. We started out together, not sure if you remember but anyway don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I've stuck to the plan since I started. If you need someone to keep you on the straight and narrow I'm your gal. PM me and we can swap mobile numbers.

Lisa Marie you have done really well, well done for sticking with it. I will PM you, thanks for your offer.

You can message me anytime Sharon, I'm usually on line [email protected]

Maggie I already have you on messenger thanks for the offer. I will drop in for a chat later

Sharon. don't beat yourself up about this some folk don't want to be helped he's obviously on self destruct and determined to take along anyone else who gets in his way. You've done the right thing by taking a step back you need to look after you now. I hope you begin to feel better soon

Jackie you are so right I just think I was too close to the situation for a while to see that

Awww Sharon,
I'm so sorry you have been having such a rough time. I wondered where you'd got to.
You have been such a source of support on here to so many people and there's no shame in admitting that you now need support from others. We are all here to help each other out - wherever on the journey we are.
You have had a horrendous time with your neighbour and have made the brave decision to step back which I know must have been difficult for you.
I KNOW that you will do ok now that you are restarting and I would love to help you if I can. I have had several blips myself but am carrying on regardless with the hope that this Summer will be different and that I will feel lighter.
Please feel free to add me to your messy if you want to chat - I'm on often and usually late at night!
[email protected]
Keep your chin up love - stay strong and you WILL get there.
Take care
Tansyx:)

Tansy thank you for your support. I have added you to messenger

Sharon you have mine and I am always available to listen (if I'm online)I'm sorry you have been having a bad time

Susan I have pm'd you, thanks hun

Hi Sharon

I'm happy to keep you on the straight and narrow anytime you need me, MSN is [email protected] but out of action at the mo as laptop broken, should be up and running in a couple of days. Always here for you hun

Georgie
xx

Georgie you were my driving force at the start of this you have done so well and you hieght weight at the start is very similar to mine. I have added you to msn. Hope you get the laptop sorted soon, I feel like I have lost a limb when one of our computers goes wrong!!

Back