Bit of an odd challenge mainly for those starting exercise from scratch...

Dreamer

Gold Member
I've been completely floored by my exam schedule this year (final year mature student), am exhausted all the time, and am at my equal max weight ever (I have been this weight once when I was 18 too). I started eating low carb (high protein, medium fat) yesterday in an aim to curb my appetite and weight gain without a huge amount of effort when my mind is elsewhere. I don't have time to leave the house at the moment to get to shops or gym. So...I was thinking what can I do that won't stress me too much... I came up with a solution and thought I would start next month because I am too busy, but then I thought, I should be able to manage this now.

Here's my idea: On day 1 of a month, I'm going to do 1 minute of exercise, day 2 = 2mins, day 3 = 3 mins......day 31 = 31mins. Averaging it out, that's 8 hours exercise a month (not far off 2 hours a week on average). It allows me go through cycles of relative laziness to activity. And if I want to do extra, of course I can. This suits me because I'm likely to be busy up until the end of May (final uni exams). And I'm sure even towards the end of the month 30 minutes or so can be fit in. I'll be aiming for fairly strenuous exercise, although if anyone wants to join me feel free. I realise it will probably suit people who are starting from a sedentary level, but I thought I'd offer just in case anyone wants to join anyhow.

Tomorrow, (technically today, as it's past midnight), 7 mins.

Next month when I've got time to get dressed in gym clothes and leave the house more, I'll probably use it to build up to walk-jogging for 28mins :)

Back