Bit of help and advice please :)

munchie3

Stuck and going around in circles :cry:
I had my third son 11 months ago and lost the pregnancy weight I gained with him.
But I was overweight to start with and so that was why I was careful not to pack it on in pregnancy.
So I now 11 stone 9lbs and I'm only 5"3 and I want/need to lose two stone(thats my target) before August when we are off to Italy to see the in-laws and huge extended family.
Really don't want to go looking like a blimp :eek:

I have stopped and started since new year and can't seem to keep a roll going.
But today I have had enough and started on a 1300 calorie plan.
I was thinking of doing two weeks at 1100 then upping it to between 1300-1500 depending on how active I am any one day.
Does this seem too low?
I am also doing the Hannah Waterman dvd three times a week(no more right now cos it kills me!)and can only do two sections of that at any one time.
Also walk at least45 mins per day and baby keeps me busy.

Do you think there is a chance I will reach target?I had blood tests to see if there was a reason I wasn't shifting weight faster but my DR said there isn't and I just have to plod on.
BMI is 29 so I know I need to lose.
Hubby has lost stone and half in 6 weeks and so proud of him.
I just need to get the scales moving down.

Thanks for reading :)

Forgot to add I did lose a lot of weight years ago when I had my first son through calorie counting and exercise but have lost my way.
Also going through PND and I think that isn't helping andmakes me reach for chocolate a lot.

Hello there, and I hope you're still feeling motivated and determined.

You say you reach for chocolate... is that your main trigger food? do you allow for some each day/couple of days or whatever in your calorie controlled plan?

I tend to completely zap any trigger food which I have trouble being reasonable with... if you're like me, best not buy any or have any in the house. Some find, however, that having a little of what they like PERMITTED in their plan, helps them stick to just that amount as you can eat it "legally", and savour it and really enjoy it. So there's no need whatsoever to finish the packet, as there'll be more to come tomorrow.

With the nicer weather upon us, I'm sure baby will very much enjoy long walks with you... if that exercise DVD is too much for you right now, try another? Or find another activity which you do enjoy. Walking is mine, and I now get up an hour early each morning and walk to work! OK the first time it took me 1.5 hours, I stopped midway for a break, and I arrived sweaty, red faced and out of breath! But now, it's a breeze and I really enjoy it. Build it up. A little every day...

And with a normal activity, 1300 or 1500 is fine for weight loss. (PND might affect that, of course, but I don't know anything about that!)

Good luck!

:hug99:

I could ov written your post hun, ive just had baby number 4 and suffered with pnd with my 2nd badly and piled on the weight then, at least you know you want to do something and your not ignoring it like i did!

im starting a 1000 cal day after strugling on lipotrim (not good when u have kids) and am using my left over shakes to do brekkie and lunch drinking 2 litres of water a day the having a 400 cal dinner and saving the rest for snacks furits etc..

its takes all my will power to turndown choc and things but the water helps fill me up and im using a side plate or one of the kids plates to controll my portions.

try to distract your self in the evenings when the babies are in bed thats when ive been using my wii fit just to get me to stop eating! all my ironing and spring cleaning gets done at night aswell for the distraction till bed!

if you wanna chat any time im around, just stick to your plan for a week and youll soon know if its for you or not

nicky xx:wavey:

Im calorie counting too - starting doing 1,200 calories a day which I am struggling with already with all the temptation around me and all the junk that my boyfriend can eat and i cant lol It sucks but its got to be done! :)

'Tis very hard

Aw thanks everyone (((hugs)))
Feeling a bit better today and been reading around the forum seeing what may work for me.
I am thinking SW may be what I need.I don't think going on a plan that means I reduce cals way down or is very restrictive will be best given that I am needing to focus on my kiddies and get my PND managed.
Thinking that something where I am able to eat what I do now(but re-training me on portions and filling me up) is way forward.

I did the very low cals years ago after my first DS and admit I did get out of hand with it,it came to the point where I would panic if I had a bag of crisps for example.

I will be here and SW forum as these two places seem to fit me LOL
Thinking(well praying) that I can get two stone off for August.Hubby said he'll spur me on when I am tempted.He's a chef so it was so tempting!But now he is on weight loss plan we can help each other.

Why am I so short! LOL

Aw thanks everyone (((hugs)))
Feeling a bit better today and been reading around the forum seeing what may work for me.
I am thinking SW may be what I need.I don't think going on a plan that means I reduce cals way down or is very restrictive will be best given that I am needing to focus on my kiddies and get my PND managed.
Thinking that something where I am able to eat what I do now(but re-training me on portions and filling me up) is way forward.

I did the very low cals years ago after my first DS and admit I did get out of hand with it,it came to the point where I would panic if I had a bag of crisps for example.

I will be here and SW forum as these two places seem to fit me LOL
Thinking(well praying) that I can get two stone off for August.Hubby said he'll spur me on when I am tempted.He's a chef so it was so tempting!But now he is on weight loss plan we can help each other.

Why am I so short! LOL
I do a bit of both SW and calorie counting. i will eat freely from Sw for a few days and then I check out my calorific intake. if it is too much i reduce the amount of free foods i am eating by just reducing the portion sizes and only eating superfree foods between meals. good luck with your weight loss x

Back