blending smoothies is a syn........but what if I want to syn???

meerkat_nat

I have currently just bought a ninja blender.
And although I know it is a syn to blend fruit I still think its a good way for me to be eating more regular as iam a shift worker.

Iam new to the blending combinations but atm iam making smoothies similar to Kale, celery,couple of strawberries and few chunks of small pineapple.

I can syn my fruit as the app has an option for pureed fruit but what do I do about the veg. I dont want to sabotage my weigh losses however I need to know what in syns iam consuming.

Is veg synned when blended??

No - still free if blended

I have currently just bought a ninja blender.
And although I know it is a syn to blend fruit I still think its a good way for me to be eating more regular as iam a shift worker.

Iam new to the blending combinations but atm iam making smoothies similar to Kale, celery,couple of strawberries and few chunks of small pineapple.

I can syn my fruit as the app has an option for pureed fruit but what do I do about the veg. I dont want to sabotage my weigh losses however I need to know what in syns iam consuming.

Is veg synned when blended??

Vegetables can be blended - no syns.

Kale, Celery, Strawberries, and Pineapple?? I am wondering what sort of colour that makes when blended? On second thoughts, do I really want to know?? :)

Vegetables can be blended - no syns.

Kale, Celery, Strawberries, and Pineapple?? I am wondering what sort of colour that makes when blended? On second thoughts, do I really want to know?? :)

Yes I have created some interesting colours, good job they taste good.the fruit is such a distinctive flavour.

A person at our group bought a nutri bullet and had puréed veg, our C ask HO if the veg would be syned and it is because in their liquidised form they are easier to consume In large volumes, soup is ok as its eaten as a meal. The response went in more detail but I don't want to copy the whole response as this was on our SW fb site.

A person at our group bought a nutri bullet and had puréed veg, our C ask HO if the veg would be syned and it is because in their liquidised form they are easier to consume In large volumes, soup is ok as its eaten as a meal. The response went in more detail but I don't want to copy the whole response as this was on our SW fb site.

I get the fruit thing...but veg? Its generally low in calories and doesn't contain all the natural sugar like fruit and that fact that you can have soup free too. I'm not sure about this one to be honest, we know some consultants get things wrong, they don't always know everything, sadly! Definitely not something I would count as syns anyway.

Ladies I agree, howevee if veg needed to b synned then why hasn't slimming world given me a facility to syn my veg yet synned fruit is on the app as pureed syns?

As it stands I havnt been syning my veg as it doesnt containg natural sugars like fruit and interms of quantity, I only blend the equvilant to a small portion of maybe a fruit salad youd make and some celery and Kale. Its not as if am blending 5 apples, 3 peachea,2 bananas and a pack of strawberries. Its all a normal quantity so no over eating.....

......I dunno its a massive grey area within Sw and with our ninja blenders being so popular atm maybe it needs to b made clearer. Iam happy to syn a smoothie ots no biggie, id just prefer to know whats going in my mouth in terms of syns.

If this appears to b slowing down my process I will stop them but for now iam giving one a day a whirl

I get the fruit thing...but veg? Its generally low in calories and doesn't contain all the natural sugar like fruit and that fact that you can have soup free too. I'm not sure about this one to be honest, we know some consultants get things wrong, they don't always know everything, sadly! Definitely not something I would count as syns anyway.

Totally agree, thats my rule until thoughts until told otherwise. I just thought there maybe a definitive answer. I cant b the only person askin that question

It wasn't the C saying this she actually emailed HO & posted their reply.

Sorry Michelle...I did read afterwards that it was HO! Should have put my glasses on! It has been known for Minimins members to get different answers from HO too though, in the past!

I still don't get it though, I mean I purée my soups and they are free, I've even made a pea soup that is an official SW recipe and it was free and that was blended.

I have just done a google search and the first 3 pages ( got bored after that!) all suggest that veg is still free this way and the question has usually been asked when people find out they have to SYN their fruit smoothies!

What next? Are they going to ban 'mashing ' lol

This is all getting controversial, haha, I just wanted an answer with a valud explanatiom but I dnt think their is one. Ill just suck it and see how I get on

I do appreciate everbodys feedback on this topic and its interesting to know many people umderstand my confusion, but thanks for all the supporT.

Fingers crossed my first weigh in is epic x

Sorry Michelle...I did read afterwards that it was HO! Should have put my glasses on! It has been known for Minimins members to get different answers from HO too though, in the past!

I still don't get it though, I mean I purée my soups and they are free, I've even made a pea soup that is an official SW recipe and it was free and that was blended.

I have just done a google search and the first 3 pages ( got bored after that!) all suggest that veg is still free this way and the question has usually been asked when people find out they have to SYN their fruit smoothies!

What next? Are they going to ban 'mashing ' lol

It's ok, our C checked with HO because of the amount of veg the member was having in her nutri bullet and I think it's for that reason that it is syned, it's the amount she is having is more than would be consumed in a meal.

Personally I would go with the pureed food but only have the amount I'd have at a meal.

Ha, ha, I often wonder about mashing & the smash pizza etc well that's another debate!!!

It's ok, our C checked with HO because of the amount of veg the member was having in her nutri bullet and I think it's for that reason that it is syned, it's the amount she is having is more than would be consumed in a meal.

Personally I would go with the pureed food but only have the amount I'd have at a meal.

Ha, ha, I often wonder about mashing & the smash pizza etc well that's another debate!!!

Yes Michelle, my smoothies consist of few piece of pineapple, handful of greens and few strawbs, nothing more than I would snack on, I dnt do big jugs n glug it. Its just one cup blended and sipped as a meal

In a Nutribullet you should put 50% green veg which is about 1 or 2 cupfuls.That is less then I have in my salad.
Then 50% fruit which is what I would eat as a snack.:)

She must be drinking it day and night to have more than what would be consumed in a meal.

Yes my quantities are small, and make one beaker half full if that so its by no means massea of food, no more than I would snack on really

Oh how interesting you must let us know if you lost I can understand the fruit as when blended its then un natural sugars but veg? Do they contain sugar lol, not sure I could stomache a veg smoothie for breakfast though

Back