Blood Pressure help

Watergirl

Rock Solid
Hoping a CDC or medical professional will be able to help.

I've always suffered with low blood pressure, but it wasn't so bad when I was a lot more overweight.

I was doing SS+, but dropped back to SS after poor losses and just because I wanted the quickest route. However, I went to yoga last night and every time I bent down I felt like all the blood was rushing to my head. The pressure in my head and behind my eyes was too much to bear - it felt like I was going to burst blood vessels.

My teacher asked if I had low blood pressure as she experiences the same thing sometimes.

I didn't have this problem when I was on SS+, so today I've had a small meal. Not got yoga tonight, but will go tomorrow and see if it's any better.

Can anyone offer advice on this as I'd really prefer to be doing SS :( and I don't want to give up yoga. I am fine doing gentle 20 mins on my x-trainer when doing SS, it's just anything that involves my head dropping below my heart.

Firstly I've wanted to say how much I love your new avatar photo. You look lovely. Secondly, sorry I can't help you with this prefessionaly. But i'm sure you're better on ss+ hun. ss could be dangerous. Call your cdc and ask hun. You'll still have great losses on ss+, even if you stay the same a few weeks running, the lbs wil lsoon drop off so stick with it. xxx

Liz,
I had the same problem and then was taken to hospital after I couldn't stand up without fainting ( I was in the vets at the time- how embarrassing!!!). My blood pressure was very low and I had to have saline. I consequently found out I had a kidney infection and had to rest up for a few weeks, GP said I caught a virus also... Get yourself checked out honey.. you never know what it could be. Drink loads and don't get dehydrated as in the warm weather this can happen quickly...
Hope you feel better soon,
Helen
xx

Sunshine - thank you hun :) was just going to comment on your current weight, which is very impressive - you're tiny! My CDC is lovely and she thinks that I might be better on a higher programme, but I really didn't want to. Will reconsider after my WI and talk with her on Wednesday.

Babydaisy - thanks for that. Sounds like you had a horrible time. Hope you're okay now :). For me it's not anything unusual, as it's not something that's come on all of a sudden. I've always had low blood pressure and had to be careful standing up because of dizziness. It's just that when I was a lot bigger I must have increased my blood pressure. Now that I have slimmed down it's returned to what it used to be, which is low. I wondered if SS maybe wasn't helping though, as didn't have the problem on SS+ (still get dizzy standing up, but got that when not on CD anyway)

Basically wondering if people with low blood pressure will find their symptoms worse on SS and manageable on higher programmes?

By the way, having read that back just now, people are probably going to think - well just have SS+ then!
Thing is that I'm interested in this and wondered if there was any scientific information on it. Also, would prefer to do SS. Maybe I should do SS+ the other option and have 4 tetras and milk thinking about it.
Just don't like adding in the food. It makes me constipated and I would look forward to another tetra more than chicken!

I have a history of high blood pressure - normal since CD and losing so much weight. I'm on SS+. Responding because I also do yoga.

I have found that anything where my head goes below waist level causes me to be very light headed and disoriented. I'm damned if I'm giving up yoga, so my yoga teacher makes adjustments in her directions to me for certain yoga poses or suggests I omit them. Your teacher may be able to do that for you - there's always an adjustment for a pose.

Thanks Miss Pinky, but all of the yoga classes that I do or have done involve it, as most are based around the sun salutations. The forward bending, downward dog etc. As they are the mainstay of most classes it would be hard to do a class without them.
What sort of poses are you doing? My teacher makes adjustments for my lower back because I have problems with bending backwards, so cobra is too heavy a pose for me for example.
Just interested in if there is a connection between VLCD and low blood pressure or not? I'll probably just go back to SS+ or even 810.
Thanks for your thoughts :)

I was advised to beware of hypotension-like symptoms when I was considering a VLCD - you're right, a CDC could best answer that question for you as you've a medical history of it. I hope you are able to carry on the yoga. I'd be gutted without my yoga practise, and it sounds like you really enjoy yours too.

Re: yoga, much of the yoga class I participate in is based around earth, sun or moon sequences plus other postures. My teacher adapts sun and earth to suit the demographic of our group, omitting dog and adjusting steep forward bends for those of us who get swirly. I don't do steep bending or 'swooping' deep flows, and stay 'shallow' instead, at her advice.

My CD issue with yoga is slightly different - the day following a class I find I gain a little weight (really frustrating)... then a couple of days later it's back off and dropping as I'd expect on SS+. Have you noticed anything similar? Still trying to fathom that one out.

Thanks Miss Pinky. Yes I love the classes and don't want to stop them for anything. They are great for my mental well being.

With regards to weight gain, I'm not sure because the last few times I've gone I've lacked energy, so had a SS+ day instead of SS and I have found my losses not so good on SS+ as SS.
Normally I do Forrest, which is intense but not as physical. Last night I wasn't sure what class I was in and ended up with Jivamukhti and the sweat was dripping off me. Ended up having SS+ and an extra shake!

I need to do something consistently, but at the mo am trying to figure what my body can do on what if you know what I mean. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I notice anything in terms of putting on weight. Glad to meet someone who likes it as much as me! :)

I must admit I often go light headed on SS, my GP did take my blood pressure and told me it was perfect, (not bad for a 20st 4 year old) :)

But I think there are two problems, on the SS calories you just do not have the energy to do exercise and secondly make sure you taking ample water.

I have started having some protein (chicken) a few hours before I exercise, that seems to help.

Back