blood tests on cd - interesting results

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
So, I've been on cd since the end of January with no cheats or breaks at all (other than 810 wk). I had to have some blood tests done & after I told the Dr I was on cd (she didn't know what it was but was supportive when I told her) she did a full test of everything she could think of.

Anyway, the results were great! Kidneys, liver, cholesterol, blood sugar all absolutely fine & she's very happy for me to continue. She said she couldn't believe how well I was doing & that I looked really well.

So for anyone who tells you it's unhealthy, tell them it's not!

Excellent!! That is extremely positive...

I always find it odd when people say to me it can't be healthy to do a VLCD and to lose weight this quickly. Alternative being what, exactly? Staying fat and getting fatter? Yeah, because the health benefit of being about 4 stone overweight are brilliant!!

Some people can be sooooo stoopid.

Lx

I know, I think some people never consider that.

I've felt great on cd so was never really worried but it's nice to know for sure.

My friend isn't happy I am doing cd. She considered it previously, went to see her doctor who told her it was bad and that this and that can happen! I haven't seen my doctor for fear he will say the same! But at the end of the day it's my decision and as long as I feel fine I'll keep going. :)

By the time I saw my Dr I'd already lost 3.5stone so knew she'd have to be ok really. She didn't know about the diet & I daresay if I'd discussed it with her before starting she'd have pushed me in the direction of ww or similar. However, he did do a full blood count & tests for blood sugar, liver & kidney function & cholesterol & all was normal. She was really happy with the results & as I've been on 100% ss since Jan its certainly given any issues time to come to the surface :)

What exactly is the Cambridge Diet all about? Does it have meal replacement shakes and stuff? Congrats yo you all on such great losses. :)

You replace all your meals with soups, shakes or bars. It gives you 100% of your daily vitamins & minerals & totals about 450 calories a day. You don't experience hunger as the low calories mean you enter ketosis, which is an appetite suppressant & you burn fat reserves. On average you lose about a stone a month. There are different steps to the diet so you can have more calories or a small meal on different steps.

I'd say it was simultaneously the easiest & most difficult diet I've ever done.

It makes sense that your body is healthier on the diet, yes its VLC but it's providing you with ALL the minerals, vitamins and nutrients your body needs which often would be lacking even on a healthy diet because of the different foods you'd need to eat to get those nutrients. So pleased your GP is backing you now, all positive stuff helps and people will hopefully eventually see it as a healthy option instead of just a fad diet

Wow 450 Calories seems quite low but if it works and it's healthy, it sounds great. :)
Think I'll stick with Slimming World.

MissHarleyQuinn92 said:
Wow 450 Calories seems quite low but if it works and it's healthy, it sounds great. :)
Think I'll stick with Slimming World.

It is great and it works I have done slimming world since jan and lost 11.5lb upto end of march got fed up of following it and not losing been on this 3 weeks and lost 17lb :) this diet is frickin awesome

Remember calories are nothing to do with Ketosis. It's the low carbs that put you into Ketosis. You can be on 3000 calories a day and still be in Ketosis x

Apparently there are a few ways to get in to ketosis. Atkins etc works by reducing carbs to 20g a day but VLCDs work by reducing the calories & not so much the carbs (the products I have on ss equate to 60g carbs per day & on Atkins this is too high for me to be in ketosis. There's also a random way to get in to ketosis eating lots of coconut oil, but that just sounds odd!

Back