Bloody man!?! It's like having a kid!! Grr

Lucky7

Lucky7
Okay - so we've both been at work. Left the same time and he gets back 15 mins before me, just in time to get himself settled on the sofa playing the PS ready to check what I'm cooking for tea as I walk in.

I cook tea / He continues PS.

We eat tea.

I go to Sainsbury's and do weekly shop / He plays PS.

Get back and he stands at door taking bags from me and moves them 2 foot away from the front door while I move the car. Conts game on PS.

I put the shopping away / He's not on PS now. Watching me put stuff away and on the watch for any 'treats'. (!!!)

I make soup for lunches / He's back on PS.

Finally sit down (now) while soup simmers / He's still on bloody PS giving me a running commentary of the sodding game!

I may have to give that bloody box an accident while he's not looking you know!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:

Sorry for rant, but.... well. Just had enough today. :sigh:

I feel for you here ...
my OH doesnt have a PS , he just does things to wind me up ......actually he doesnt do anything!!
He only does things like tidy, hoover, clean up, pay me attention when I through a major wobbly !!
then its all sweetness and like for about 3 weeks and then we are back to normal.
GRRR men ...what are they here for???

its like I said before... men are all dumb asses. ! ! ! mine included....
NOT you Dave... or any other guys on here I havent spoken too of course. lol

Yes - mine has hoovered a couple of times since we've been together (18 years!) When I go on an unofficial strike he says things like 'we really should sort out that bathroom' / 'when did we last do the lawn'.
WHY do I bother?!!!! We talked about a rota, but when he saw what was on it he backed out and said it was stupid and unnecessary and stuff always gets done in the end.

LOL - apparently he needs to cut his hair now. At half past ten. Fantastic. No further comment!

To make a "strike" worth while, it's no use not doing the things that he doesn't care about - you have to stop doing the things that do matter to him.

No help with preparing meals? - then they won't be meals he likes then, will they?

No help with unpacking the shopping - then there won't be any "treats" in there for him, will there? You will have "forgotten" to buy them.

He might not care if the carpet is hoovered - but what if there are no ironed clothes? (This only works if you are prepared to watch him go out of the door in creased clothes - you need to close your eyes and be strong about this one!)

And you are making soup for this person?? Amazing!

its like I said before... men are all dumb asses. ! ! ! mine included....
NOT you Dave... or any other guys on here I havent spoken too of course. lol

Actually, we all are. It's genetic.

On behalf of all guys I am sorry, for everything.

for the record though, I don't have a PS, PS2, PS3, xBox or anything. I have Minimins :) loool

And you are making soup for this person?? Amazing!

Making soup (SW) for lunches. Ie. 'That's what I'm making, take it or leave it'.

I blame his mother. When I met him he'd left home but still visited once a week with a shopping list and his laundry. I remember being amazed and giving him a talking to about adults being responsible for themselves, and he stopped doing it. I think he probably did go to the supermarket with me for the fist year bacause I couldn't drive then. That blasted licence put paid to that! (Although shopping healthier and cheaper).

I was off work last monday and felt guilty doing nothing so I 'cleaned'. He came in ten minutes later and commented on how it's alright for some being 'a lady of leisure'. I'm presuming my face spoke for me as he didn't hang around to wait for a response.

Thankfully our best friends are coming over for Xmas day so I can spread the workload for a change.

My OH is the same. BUT imagine your OH working a few hrs a night,say 11-4, getting up at say 12/1pm and sitting on his arse for the rest of the day!! Not just the evening lol. Don't even get me started on the "childcare isn't work" theory, yes you go to work,I get the joy of staying home,doing everything, not getting 2min to myself to even pee (toddler follows everywhere!), do the same thing day in day out, and my OH goes to work (which most nights doesn't even involve getting out the van!) Then comes home and doesn't lift a finger... just thumbs for playing that XBOX! Lol it'sgenetic, its got to be!!

AAAARGH! Rant over! Lol.I feel your pain! Xx

Ah, men, bless 'em! Can't live with them, can't live without them LOL

Oh I do now.

Still do it all, but without so much resentment. And he does more, and spends more time with the kids now, than I ever thought possible.

Lynda

Lucky7, that sounds very familiar, except with us it's the Xbox 360. Not only does he spend most evenings playing games but he chats to his friends over the headset (and I have to listen to one-sided conversations, or sometimes I can hear their blurry little voices coming through the TV and making inane remarks about games, which isn't any better). I get to CARRY our shopping home, on my own.

I've survived two broken marriages before this relationship (we are NOT getting married, I'd never do that again) and in my opinion, men are all as rubbish as we let them get away with being. Avisk is right, pandering to a man who is behaving ignorantly is hardly likely to cure him. However, I find myself letting him get away with it anyway.

I guess it will come in useful if we split up - I won't be crying myself to sleep, or wondering where it all went wrong... I'll have much less work to do and in the evenings I can watch my favourite shows (instead of his stupid games) - whilst enjoying the rare sensation of NOT being ignored by someone acting like an immature ***hole. Wow, that does sound rather blissful. My young man better look out in 2010, I might just have a change of heart about him.

Wow...I'd be raging too honey.

Having read the replies I feel VERY lucky with my OH. His Mum and Dad have 3 boys and they're all really domesticated - their folks are incredibly sweet people, but the boys had to pull their weight as kids - it's very much a 'all hands on deck' family, as was mine. So my OH is very helpful and we have a routine. He plays squash while I do the food shop, and he cleans the rat and parrot cages while I am at SW. The rest is split really. We even do the dishes together! I always knew I was lucky but I feel REALLY lucky now! I just hope he's not some weird Pod from another planet lol!

Shall I lend him out to train your OH's for you? I won't charge...he just needs paid with tea :D

Sorry to hear you had a bad night - I agree you might need to strike or take action before it gets worse :(

I just thought I'd mention that Andy Murrey's GF has jilted him because of his gaming.

My oh will do stuff if I ask him to. But I resent having to ask. I can tell when the toilet needs a clean, the carpet needs hoovering, the laundry basket is full or there's no milk in the fridge, so why is it only me that can do anything about them??? If I say to OH please put a load in the washer...he will. But if I don't ask him he'll just moan to me when he's run out of clean pants and socks.....grrr!:mad:

lol - there's obviously a team of them!
I'm going on sort of strike. If I don't care if it's done, then I'm not doing it. I'm fed up with giving more than is fair for people to take, and then them expecting more both at home and at work (school). At the moment I seem to be at breaking point, and am afraid that I need to save myself as it's become evident that noone's going to come and save me. No such thing as knights in shining armour. I have to be my own best friend and say 'enough is enough'.

Lets all practice. (Breath deeply) "I'm sorry. I would love to help you, but already have more to do than I can manage. I'm afraid you will have to do it yourself this time." Aaannnd smmmiiillllleee!

Ahhh - maybe I can do this.

lol - there's obviously a team of them!
I'm going on sort of strike. If I don't care if it's done, then I'm not doing it. I'm fed up with giving more than is fair for people to take, and then them expecting more both at home and at work (school). At the moment I seem to be at breaking point, and am afraid that I need to save myself as it's become evident that noone's going to come and save me. No such thing as knights in shining armour. I have to be my own best friend and say 'enough is enough'.

Lets all practice. (Breath deeply) "I'm sorry. I would love to help you, but already have more to do than I can manage. I'm afraid you will have to do it yourself this time." Aaannnd smmmiiillllleee!

Ahhh - maybe I can do this.

Take the stand honey - or you'll snap and it could get messy. He needs to know his actions hurt you and cause stress. Hugs xx

Back