Blown it big time!!!

dezzie1082

EVERY NEW DAY IS A GIFT
Really blew it today, :booboo:
started off with no breakfast...then met friends at Greenwich for a day out.
Confession time....had a chicken Caesar salad without the croutons and a glass of sparkling water....not the end of the world i hear you say.
Then ended up eating a rum n raisin ice cream cone that a friend treated us all to.
Still not content with that.....KFC for dinner tonight which included....one piece of chicken...two hot wings and a portion of CHIPS.
How flipping stupid am i?
MORAL OF THIS STORY......please don't be a stupid idiot with temptation....the outcome is i feel really low and a complete failure. :banghead:
I will now have to somehow cope with trying to get back on track and into ketosis again....you really cannot afford to go offtrack on this diet.
Gutted.....but only my stupid self to blame.....pig pig pig pig pig!!!!!!! :hitthefan:

Shaz xxx

What's done is done. The most important thing is that you are determined to get back on track - well done you

xx

Don't beat yourself up, I once ate a whole loaf of bread on the cambridge diet :eek: Just forget it and move on. It happens!

((((hugs Dezzie))))

lol at Mrs R
I can see you doing that
was it a white loaf (yum)

1) you are not a complete failure.
2) you have not 'blown the diet'.
3) you simply had a wobbly day.
4) It is not difficult to get back on the wagon.

Perspective time... This diet is difficult at the best of times. Most of us have had, or possibly will have a day like yours. For you to give in to what are basically biological drives does not make you a bad person! The diet police are not going to come round in the small hours with the big red door key and confiscate your remaining VLCD supplies!

OK sh!t happens, and indeed what's done is done. Now breathe - deep breath - 1...2...3...4... The important bit is how you deal with it. Quite frankly, I hope you enjoyed it! it'd be a waste otherwise!* But now, you can close the book on that chapter and start anew.

Now then, you will not go through the same hassle getting back to ketosis. (For me, it's usually within 24 hours.) This can either be a good thing - you're getting straight back on the wagon; or alternatively, it can be a bad thing - the consequences of straying are not as severe as you think, and are not the deterrent as it ought to be. However even with the fries it wasn't a monster carb fest, so despite a dented weekly loss, you may well be fine.

So, now we've established you're perfectly normal and your transgression isn't quite on the scale of strangling kittens, will you be a little kinder on yourself? Tomorrow is a new day (upon which the events of today will be consigned to history), pick out the shake of your choice, and just carry on where you left off :)

*I've been veggie for over 11 years, and still crave KFC. So am deeply jealous.

Thanks to everyone who replied....today i start again.
Today is supposed to be the second day of week four.
Question please for everyone.....now i hope to be back on plan today.....does anyone think i should still do my add a meal next week? Or should i know skip it because of the blow out?

Miss D....thanks for the support....that kfc had tormented me from the start lol.

Shaz xx

It's a difficult one to call
you could do your add a meal
but I think it needs a bit of planning
you need to get the right veggies in, and your meat right
as you don't want to get it wrong ( like me ;) )

or you could start again like you say, and have an add a meal week tonlook
forward to in less weeks
it depends how determined you are, and also how many meals out you have to go to

If it was me, I'd probably skip, or until at least postpone until you're back in the habit. Once you're confidently back on the wagon and had a decent week or two's loss to spur you on, you might want to consider it then.

Once you're out of the habit, getting back into it can be a process that needs time. Allowing yourself food so close to having a monster wobble may be a temptation too much?

Just a thought, but don't take any notice of me. TBH, you need to work out what's best. 2 foodie weeks could mean two weeks of low or no losses - could your sticking power tolerate that? As I said, just a thought.

Back