blown it big time :(

Aww Jools, don't be ashamed of yourself, you haven't done anything shameful. You are grieving for your uncle and were faced with a difficult weekend. What's done is done and at the time it was the right thing to do (else you wouldn't have done it ~.^ )

I was on and off LT daily during those 5 weeks, some days I was good, most days I pigged on shortbread and enjoyed every mouthful =p I was disappointed in myself but I wanted that food more than I wanted to be slim right at that moment in time. I think when you go through a blip like that it takes some time for you to get back in your LT headspace. Remember, once out of ketosis your appetite comes back with a vengeance and it's really tough going that first week, no wonder it's so hard to get back on track. Just tell yourself that it's ok to struggle, it's natural under the circumstances, but you are strong and you can do this!

If it helps this is what I did. Im on day 6 now (and a sneak on the scales shows 5lbs lost woohoo!!) and I altered the diet to make my week 1 easier. I know this is naughty and it's not recommended but after much research I realised the important thing about LT is being in ketosis, it suppresses your appetite and makes the plan sooo much easier. To get into ketosis your daily carb intake has to be below 50-60g a day approx. There are only 8-9g of carbs in a LT flapjack and although they have more calories, 3 a day still works out at only 573 calories a day so basically for the first 4 days til I got into ketosis I've been having 3 flapjacks a day and OMG what a difference, it's soo much easier, I feel fuller for longer and it keeps the hunger at bay whilst getting used to the transition between eating and not eating for the duration.

I'm not advocating cheating the diet, all I'm saying is do what ever is necessary to get back on track. This particular trick has worked for me and to be honest, without those flapjacks I don't think I could have overcome the hunger I was experiencing. I'm back onto 2 shakes and 1 flapjack a day now that I'm nicely settled into ketosis.

Good luck with weigh in today, let us know how you get on.

*hugs*

Cookeh xx

Well folks back from weigh in and it was bad - about 5lbs on :( but I know that a lot of that will be water and not fat.

Good idea Cookeh ^^ I got as many flapjacks at the pharmacy had and will try your trick - but as they only had 7 I can do 1 day of 3 a day and 2 days of 2 a day - it should help a bit specially as you say the first few days are the worst and we are at our weakest.

Right - lets get this done and dusted - its only 7 days til weigh in and that will pass. There are no distractions or events this week that can tempt me off this path. I must picture myself on my plane to my holiday - 22 hours on a plane in a big fat body is not going to be pleasant - so I gotta shift as much as I can so that I can enjoy the flight.

Wish me luck :D

Good luck Jools. Great to hear some positive stuff about the flapjacks!

Jon
xx

Jools, well done on getting back into the game. You sound very positive. Keep the thought of your holiday at the front of your mind and this will help keep you on track.
Us gals with loads to lose definitely find the going a bit tougher as we have to stick with this diet for a lot longer than most. It can get a bit wearing when you feel you have the rest of your life on hold while you are doing this. The rewards will be great when we get to goal. So just think about your holiday and how much you will enjoy it having achieved what you set out to do on LT. Lots of luck for the coming week and happy chewing on the flapjacks!!

Yes your probably out of keytosis and are a week behind. BUT you are wiser for next time you feel like eating. Look back, remember how bad it was and dont do it again.

Back