Blowout day after weigh in?

Lisa123

Silver Member
Does anyone else eat what ever they want after weigh in?

Must of had 200 syns today.

Bad habit but I find it hard to stop using food as a reward.

I even eat stuff I don't want just because I can. Vicious circle.

If I could stop doing this my weight loss would be so good.

Help! !

I stopped doing this a few weeks after I joined as it led to binges and the point of joining for me was to change my lifestyle.(I am by no means an angel and have struggled recently but i'm back on track now) Now I plan a fakeaway on weighin days such as burger and chips, curry, a tasty dish from the Asia cookbook etc. I also have my 15 syns post my dinner. This week I have planned babybel burger in a heb roll with salad and chips followed by a danio blueberry yogurt (3 syns) a small bag of popcorn (3 syns) a mini flake (4syns) and if I really want it some Special K crisps (5syns). This feels really naughty but is completely on plan and has stopped my post weigh in binge completely.

I personally don't think you should get in to the habit of doing this. You've said yourself that it's having an impact on your weightloss.
The only person that it's going to upset is you in the end, part of what is enjoyable about SW to me is being in control, I like to know that I don't have to just eat to eat, and that I can stick to syns...this however flies out the window when wine is involved.
Good luck! Just try not to do it for one week and see how good you feel afterwards knowing you've resisted and when you lose weight :)

.. . . I even eat stuff I don't want just because I can. . . .

Try asking yourself what you mean by this. Why can you on that day, when you can't on any other day?

Because logically, it doesn't matter whether you eat something immediately after you weigh in, or days later, it has the same effect. There is nothing magic about that particular time of that particular day.

Thanks for all your responses. You are all so right. I just go overboard.
I'm going to try it after the next wi and see how it impacts my weight loss.

It's a pain being such a binger. Ok next wi I'm going to have a takeaway from the Chinese with boiled rice. Will have to think of a low syn but nice chicken dish to go with it. Any ideas? If I can plan and focus then maybe that is the way forward. X

Try asking yourself what you mean by this. Why can you on that day, when you can't on any other day?

Because logically, it doesn't matter whether you eat something immediately after you weigh in, or days later, it has the same effect. There is nothing magic about that particular time of that particular day.

I never thought about it that way. Thank you.

To be honest after weigh in, I have whatever I fancy. So far 4 stone lighter it hasnt affected my loss, if it started to then I'd have a rethink. Each to their own :D

To be honest after weigh in, I have whatever I fancy. So far 4 stone lighter it hasnt affected my loss, if it started to then I'd have a rethink. Each to their own :D

it will have affected your loss though, I think you probably mean you have been happy with your weekly losses so far.
Going over your syns, not counting, having a blow out etc etc will affect your losses.

To the OP, well done for counting, it makes a difference to know how many syns you have had. Try not to do it hun, it's not a good habit to get into.

I stopped doing it too as ultimately it gives that binge mentality chance to set in. For me anyway!

Instead I have a yummy sw meal in the evening

Sw cheesey chips burgers ..wholemeal baps all free! !

yoghurt meringue nests and choccie flake

Potato wedges cheesey beans quorn onion burgers

Cheesey chips my favourite teatime currently! !

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I used to do this all the time as well, and I eventually found out it affected my weightloss!

What I do now, is have no HEB until after I've been weighed, and then I have 2 Hi-Fi Light Chocoalte & Caramel bars. It makes me feel like it's a treat because they're so delish!

I stopped doing it too as ultimately it gives that binge mentality chance to set in. For me anyway!

Instead I have a yummy sw meal in the evening

Sw cheesey chips burgers ..wholemeal baps all free! !

yoghurt meringue nests and choccie flake

Potato wedges cheesey beans quorn onion burgers

Cheesey chips my favourite teatime currently! !

Xxx

Yummy. How do you make cheesy chips?
Burgers would feel like a treat. What a great idea.

Thank you.

Just sw chips topped with reduced fat Cheddar ... amazing!

I'm glad you've posted this topic. Having just been awarded my 4st certificate, I've realised that I can't get away with this anymore. In the early days it was easy to have a big day off and the weight still fell off, but now it's a little bit harder. I fully agree with the OP's point about eating things just for the sake of it, and it is a very bad habit to get into.

The other week I had a big celebratory binge after starving myself all day to get a better-than-deserved reading on the scales. And before anybody points it out, I know that this is exactly the wrong way to approach things, and I knew it at the time. But I didn't expect it to translate to a half-stone gain on the scales two days afterwards! I spent the next five days correcting it, successfully, with a lot of hard work and focus. But it meant a maintain - not a decent loss that all the focus and graft would otherwise have deserved.

So no more big weekly binges, unfortunately. The great thing about SW is we can 'treat' ourselves with food if we want to, but I think it is a better idea to do a flexi-syn day and allot something like 30-50 syns, and count DOWN from that, rather than count up. I read about counting-down-not-up in the Summer booklet I think, and it's a great idea. So WI nights are flexi-days now, not binge days :)

I used to do this all the time but it really did impact my weight loss. Now I stick to not binging and enjoying food that I can have that still feels naughty. Or even have less of the superfree which still feels naughty but is still being good on that specific day.

Its how you feel works for you, the scales will be able to tell you :)

I must be a freak of nature but I'm the complete opposite, I actually feel really motivated soon as I leave group and the last thing I want to do is eat crap and ruin my progress. Having said that I normally go out once a week for a meal or night out etc and try and save some of my syns for that. It doesn't feel too bad when you know you've worked hard to save the syns already. Before anyone points it out, I know SW aren't overly keen on saving syns, but I find it works well for me as I don't feel as guilty and it helps me to fit dieting around my social life without feeling deprived.

Back