Blubbering

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
The photoshoot is Friday. I had 10 weeks notice, was hoping to lose a stone, though half would ahve done. I have just tried on a few outfits I could wear, and ended up a blubbering wreck on the floor. Can't stop now. I could kill that mad nurse that told me the depo wouldn't affect my weight at all. Oh yes it has!! 2 stone. When I told her I can't lose weight, she said oh yes, it can do that!! February I came off it. My boobs are still so sore, swollen and heavy, and I am even heavier!!!! I hate myself!! I ahve struggled with my weight all my life, but I have always lost, albeit slowly, when I set my mind to it. No more!!! am going to ruin these photos for everyone, and have never dreaded anything more in my life. The are with my kids, my brother is over from Australia, his son, and my Mum and Dad. My Mum has lost a stone special and looks fantastic. My SIL looks stunning at all times, then there's me the heifer!!! AAAGHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, rant.
Lynda

You're not a heifer!!! Your attractive and smart and funny. Even if you don't feel like Kate Moss right now, you still have other qualities which make you just as special. Put a smile on your face, take your photo shoot and be proud that you know what your doing to get what you want. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll gorgeous!!!

Scouzer. X

Mate :( **mega huge fluffy hugs**
Your lovely hun (yes, I know its easy for us to say that because at the end you cant help how you feel) and you will have such fun and look amazing some this photo shoot.

Awe hunny, i would kill to be your weight! That is the goal i have set myself (i am sure of it), you will look fantastic in your photos, you may not feel beautifull on the inside but i bet your sure do look beautifull on the outside!

Big hugs x x

Thanks for your kind words. It wold be the perfect weight for someone taller! I have no clothes that fit properly. I thought I ahd it sussed. I ahve a pair of old faithful black trousers taht always make me feel good. No longer!!! Now I've no time to shop for more. I keep thinking it's a couple of hours of clicks, I'll survivie. But it's not. Thay are photos I will ahve to look at for years to come. Also I could enver afford it when, if ever, I eventually look half decent again. At this moment I could personally sstrangle the nurse who told me taht depo would not affect weight!!! Oh well, nothing I can do now. Laxatives tonight and tomorrow, and nothing to eat between now and after. But that won't really fix it.

Lynda

I know how you feel from the medication side. It wasn't the depo that made me put on weight it was a change in antidepressants-as if I needed something else to make me feel bad!
But you HAVE lost weight and it sounds like you have a pretty damn healthy life style. I wish I could give you a big hug as I can see just how upset you are.xxx

So sorry that you are feeling down - I know how it feels to be compared constantly to other family members who seem to have no weight issues. Right well I hope you've picked yourself up and are looking forward to going shopping for some new fabulous clothes (don't forget the shoes and accesories!!). So you dont feel that great at the moment so use all the tricks you can to get you through the day.

Firstly - a small bit of positive thinking goes along way - and remeber to give out positive comments to others (that way they kinda have to give one back)
Secondly - Take any compliments with a huge smile and say thankyou - store it somewhere in your brain!!
Thirdly - Go to the beuty counters and get your make up done (its free - will make you feel good for rest of day), tell them its for a photo shoot - then follow their tips on colours/application etc to match your outfit - make up is so important esp in photos

And finally invest in agood pair of bridget jones style pants/all in one - so its a small cheat - who cares only you will know so smile smugly at the camera -give it all you've got.

Your family and friends love you, so enjoy the day xxx

Lynda, no no no no NO laxatives!!!!!! I am soooooo serious!

Taking laxatives plays havoc with your digestive system, you should google the damage taking laxatives as a diet aid can do to your body. If you do this on a regular basis your body will forget how to digest food properly. Do you wonder why your weight loss has stalled if this is what you do?

I'm so so sorry if I come across as a big gung ho here, but take it from someone who knows what they are talking about. You could DIE doing this.

Your photoshoot is in two days, you said it yourself that taking the laxatives won't help. You are 11 stone 4, and 5 foot 4. I am 13 stone 12 and 5 foot 4. I am a size 16. You MUST be around a 12-14. That is a DREAM size for a lot of us. I understand about your sister being glam and all, mine is a natural size 6-8 with proper boobs and a bum and everything, but she's not you, only YOU are you!

Please please please hun, stop the vicious cycle of taking laxatives now, and give your body time to learn how to work by itself again. Then and only then will Slimming World start to work for you properly.

Take care sweetie. I am sure you will look fab on your photos. xxx

Warm :hug99: for you, hope you are feeling better now. Have you got any time to buy yourself a new outfit or at least one item you love? If so take the piece that emphasises your best asset whether it be your waist - nice belt to draw it in, your chest - top to show a good cleavage, legs - lovely skirt to show them etc. You are a beautiful woman and I'm sure somewhere deep inside you know this so let that voice out and repeat to yourself " I am beautiful, I will look fabulous in the photo's and everyone will be proud of me". Then when you're at target look at the pics and say "Yes I did look fab there but I look far more fab now" and if you want another photo like that why not mention it to loved ones that for a bday/ christmas/ target present that you'd like a photo shoot as I know Argos/Debenhams etc all have gifts like this ranging from 40pounds upwards.:D

Totally agree with Vixxster on this. You are at a stage where lots of people WANT to be, and although you may not feel fab in yourself; keep in mind that you are still a fab person and it really is NOT about what you look like, but who you are.

If you really don't like the photo, then you can use it as a bit of a motivator to keep going on days where it gets tough. And although it would cost quite a bit to have new photos done in a few years, if it's something that you really want then you WILL do it; and be damn proud of the difference.

Either way, you are fab and should be proud to be part of the family photos, as I'm sure the rest of your family will be.

Try and keep your chin up and enjoy the day.
Huge hugs
Jacqui

Hun...there isnt much I can add to the other comments, but I wanted to tell you about my experience of a photo shoot recently.
I was around the 14 stone 8 mark and also dreading how I would look when the photos were taken.
The photographer was wonderful...we had a little discussion about the kind of photos she would be taking and if there was a part of my body that I would rather her leave out (well apart from the whole lot, I decided to just go with the flow) although asked for more upper body shots.
When I got to choose my photos, I couldnt believe it was me!!! I looked so different and they were really flattering...I will post them on here when I get them back from my MIL.
All I can say is, just go with the flow and enjoy yourself...it really is good fun.
Please, please stay away from the laxatives, thats going to open a whole new can of worms!!

xxxx

Back