BMI ??????

wow that took some getting there lmao xxxxx

No BMI really doesnt take enough into account, my friend is a really slim, body to die for size ten, plays for dublin and her BMI says she's obese at 11st, she's be waaay too thin if she lost any weight! Shaz i used that "gadget" at curves and it's way better, tells you what percentage of your bod is fat.
BMI my ar*e i just can't wait to be a size ten whoop whoop!!

xxx

BMI my ar*e i just can't wait to be a size ten whoop whoop!!

xxx
LOL. I agree, but there is still a niggly part of me that wants it under 25!! I'm aiming for a size 12....nearly there, my 14's are getting baggy, but a 12 is too tight....talk about muffin top:eek:

BMI is soooo out of date!!! hasnt been adjusted for well over 25yrs ....so one nurse told me xx

LOL. I agree, but there is still a niggly part of me that wants it under 25!! I'm aiming for a size 12....nearly there, my 14's are getting baggy, but a 12 is too tight....talk about muffin top:eek:
Apparently with LT they will let you get done to 20 which is nearly super healthy ..... i want to be a nice 19.9 :D and if they don't let me go as far as 20 i will be doing a low carb keotosis diet (just bought the book lol)
Shaz...25 is just in the healthy bracket.....my sis is 23 but still has a stone to lose xx so you do what feels right hunni xx

I think your BMI gives you something to aim for when you first start out as it is hard to determine what weight we ultimately want to be. But as we get closer to it I think its better to rely on how we look and feel.

Gxxx

Think im the only person who likes bmi!! Oh well lol xx

Think im the only person who likes bmi!! Oh well lol xx
You're tall my lovely xxxxxx us short arses are sooooo **** on by it lol

Lol it has to be a good guideline though, it has a wide scope in the healthy range, as long as we are somewhere in there! for me healthy is between 10 and 12 stone. Doesnt mean i have to be 10! xxx

lol, giant xxx

Gaz when saw you had posted i knew exactly what you had said!! lol xx

HAHAAHAHA Sorry babe, I told you didnt I xxxx

Cheeky!!! xx

Lol it has to be a good guideline though, it has a wide scope in the healthy range, as long as we are somewhere in there! for me healthy is between 10 and 12 stone. Doesnt mean i have to be 10! xxx
I'm not so sure. How can my bmi be over 26, yet my fat is quite a lot less then the high end of the normal scale (if you get that). So according to bmi...I'm not in the healthy range, yet my GP said I am!!! If you have more muscle then your bmi will be higher. I have always been an athletic person (up until gaining this time). Its all about health and my GP said he personally doesn't thinks bmi is even worth taking into account as it is so out of date. The heavier you are might not necessarily be fat. It could be muscle or frame and all bmi does is use weight to height ratio. That guy who did weights was considered obese on the bmi scale, yet he was far from it.....he is extreemly healthy. I'm going to ignore it I think. I'm aiming for the size 12 now. I know my fat is within the healthy range. My waist is under 34 inches so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. And Gazza....14 stone for a bloke is not obese! I'd ignore it mate.xx

Last edited:
here here Shaz! xx

Well that told me Shaz! I didnt say that bmi takes fat percentage into account..it is a height weight ratio, thats exactly what it is. What i am saying is that for me it is good as i am "a giant" it allows taller people to feel more normal about their weight! I have always felt much bigger and fatter than my friends as i am obviously heavier but my bmi shows that it is due to my heigh!

No body should use just bmi when dieting they should use all tools available xxx

and Ive certainly used my tool lol xx

Get some fat measuring scales from asda they measure both fat and water along with weight ...i dont lioke min at the min as it say my body has 32% fat

Me too!! xx

Well that told me Shaz! I didnt say that bmi takes fat percentage into account..it is a height weight ratio, thats exactly what it is. What i am saying is that for me it is good as i am "a giant" it allows taller people to feel more normal about their weight! I have always felt much bigger and fatter than my friends as i am obviously heavier but my bmi shows that it is due to my heigh!

No body should use just bmi when dieting they should use all tools available xxx

Tracy, please don't think that was a dig.....it wasn't, its just my opinion. You are taller and whilst someone at 11 stone would be over weight you are obviously not!

Back