Body Magic...

Mrs_Davis

Could someone who knows please explain to me about the body magic awards etc... as unable to attend groups atm... just curious as to what you have to do to ahcieve them etc.. Thanks in advance!! xxx

yep id like to know tooo lol - was just about to post this :p x

Can anyone explain? thankyou xx

Body magic awards are given if you do additional exercise to your normal routine for certain periods. Here you go....

Bronze award = To achieve your bronze Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 45 minutes of activity each week (over at least 3 days) maintained for 4 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 5 minutes or more counts.

Silver = To achieve your silver Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 90 minutes of activity each week (over at least 3 days) maintained for 4 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 15 minutes or more counts.

Gold = To achieve your gold Body Magic award, you’ll need to record 150 minutes of activity each week (over at least 5 days) maintained for 8 weeks. Every activity that you enjoy for 15 minutes or more counts.

Platinum =
You'll need to complete 2 consecutive Gold Body Magic awards to achieve the Platinum award (so exercise sustained for 32 weeks!)

The exercise can be anything, but you shouldn't really count things you have always done- it should be additional exercise to your routine

Any questions- just shout

Hope this helps

xx

I'm not sure I agree with this additional thing. I understand if its for little things (ie if you would normally take the lift - but decided for health reasons to take the stairs then maybe that would count - but if you already took the stairs then it wouldn't). But if you join slimming world and you already go to the gym 3 times a week - you couldnt count that? In order to get the same recognition you'd have to go 6 times a week??

I know my consultant has given the awards just based on what you tell her you already do - I basically started exercising about the same time as slimming world, but never did anything about getting the body magic awards. By the time l mentioned it, I was going to the gym 3 times a week, and doing and exercise DVD 3 times a week, so she gave me bronze, silver and gold stickers all in one go!

I could theoretically be in line for a platinum on that basis since I've been doing exercise consistently for a long period of time. But I have dropped the DVD recently so probably not doing enough at the moment.

I think like many slimming world things - its a judgement call. In the end, its just a few stickers for your book - but really its an encouragement to do something - if you arent already doing stuff then its an incentive to do it - if you are already doing something, I think its a recognition of that, and maybe an incentive to keep it up or do more.

yeh i agree with what you said thats a little odd - you should get recognition for any exercise you do surely? i do this from home anyway so ill jst start writing in my diary all the exercise ive done each day and try and do more each week and hopefully this will work!x

Back