Boo hoo - I've stalled in induction

LibbyW

Hi guys
Well I've been on induction for 14 days and weighed in on day 11 and had lost 6.5 pounds.
Weighed in again this morning as Saturday will be my official weigh in day and guess what - scales haven't budged.
I know it's only 4 days really but to have lost nothing is so frustrating.
Now I was away from home (my sis had new baby boy!!!!!!) but I did try to stick almost 100% to plan.
Feeling a bit miffed. I've a wedding to go to next Saturday and I wanted to have lost at least another 7 pounds but I reckon I won't.
Boo hoo.....!!!
Libby

Oh Libby, try not to worry :) I know it's hard, but just keep going. Your weight can fluctuate so much and is influenced by so many things. Remember to keep track of your measurements as well because even if you don't lose pounds, you might still be losing inches, which is the important thing.

Lots of things can hold things up... not enough water, not enough (or too much) veg, hormones (I usually gain 4-5 lbs the week of my period, then it just goes away again).

I would try not to get too stressed about it, just keep going, and you might just have those few more pounds off by that wedding. You've done great so far, so don't give up now :)

Libby you're putting terrible pressure on yourself! 6.5 pounds in a fortnight is brilliant, well done! Sera is right, everyone goes through periods of slower loss, or even gain, on diets (I managed to gain weight one week on lipotrim, top that!). ;)

There are loads of reasons to stall, keep positive and stick to the plan and you know your loss will take off again. :)

Just carry on hun, I know it's frustrating, but I'll never understand our bodies. Some weeks that will happen, and other weeks you'll think omg how did I lose that much this week when I didn't really try. It's all a bit strange, but stick with it xx

Hun it's coming off much faster than you put it on, so as the others say, try not to put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy your success :)

Susie

Moving to low GL

Hi guys
Just wanna say a big thank you to all those who have replied to my posts. I've decided to move over to Low GL (bought book on Sat and have been following it since). I just found that I was not looking forward to food at all eating this way and have been missing veg and fruit so much.
The 2 weeks on induction have been a great detox for me though. I've lost my sweet tooth almost completely and have no interest in white breads and pasta which I actually can't believe I'm saying!!
So thanks again and best of luck to everyone on this board.
Libby

Good luck Libby!! We were glad to have you here in the meantime - I hope you find something that's a good fit for you.

Good luck then libby, but remember your weight loss on LC will be slower probably, keep us posted love.

Back