boobs

Ouch I remember how you feel (even now, although the ache has gone the size is still annoying!).

I got maternity bras at around 6 weeks. I don't wear underwired anyway, but even my normal ones were getting tight, and night time I found was the worst. I got two sleep bras back then and am still comfortable in them now (too comfortable, I spend half the day in them as well sometimes!). Plus a couple of soft but supportive ones and a slightly more padded one for going out.

However, getting 5 bras from mothercare was a costly experience, so I started looking in tescos and sainsburys and got much cheaper sports bras that did almost the same job. Plus I got some bra extenders (couple of quid from john lewis) and managed to use my own original ones and still do around the house sometimes.

In regards to when the pain eases off, probably somewhere into your second trimester you'll notice that suddenly walking down the stairs doesn't hurt so much. I know it just eased off without me realising until one day I bounced down the stairs and realised it didn't hurt!

I found that mine grew pretty quick and I don't think my BBs themselves have grown much more but my chest possibly has. Either that or the cup size was quite generous to start with. Although I'm sure they'll increase a bit more soon. I read to wait until about 36 weeks before going for nursing bras so that your size is about the right size for them.

Hope the pain eases soon!

Last edited:
Nightmare isnt it :(
I went and bought a couple of maternity/feeding bras in my 1st trimester, they were so much more comfy, i found they had more stretch in them aswell, you can get some really nice ones aswell :)

Your prob gonna get bigger throughout your pregnancy and then still abit bigger after when milk comes in ........sorry lol

will all be worth it though in the end :)

hope this helps :)

Cat x

Yeah like Moonlight angel says, with some of us the 'booby growing ' doesn't really stop until after you've given birth and after your milk has come in!
My chest/back size has stayed near enough the same but my cup size has gone up 1size and I'm 22wks, I expect to go up another cup size in the very near future too as even my new bras aren't holding me in (i'm getting double boob syndrome as my brother calls it! lol). During my 1st pregnancy I went up 3sizes, with the main increase being during the 3rd trimester and with my 2nd pregnancy I went up 2sizes with most of the growth being in the 2nd trimester, so it can even vary from pregnancy to pregnancy!

Some ladies don't change too much in size, but others can go up a few sizes! Bra buying can be a costly job during pregnancy hun!!!

I am 2 days ahead of you hun and now what you're going through!Starting to get the 'double boob' affect! lol and very sore but each time they hurt, I remember why and smile :)

Back