BOOK CLUB - DISCUSSION STARTED. The Bonesetters Daughter by Amy Tan

Mine arrived today too - gonna try and read it this weekend :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: This weekend........ OMG I'm feeling under pressure!!!!!!!! Expect me to get it read in a few weeks!!!:D

I just won a copy on Ebay, so should have it early next week.

I read Bonesetters Daughter a few years ago. Wonderful book. Loved it.

A future recommendation for you could be a book called 'The Island' by Victoria Hislop (I think:eek: ) I lent it off a friend on holiday and it was a beautiful book.......

Love

You must read .....

Hello Everybody, Welcome to The Book Club.

We are about to start a new book which will discuss in about 3 weeks or when everybody is finished! The discussion will be nothing heavy I promise, just everybody saying what they thought about it.

This book has been suggested by Matty, hopefully lots of you will join in and enjoy a good read.....helps keep our mind off food!!!!!

The Bonesetter's Daughter By Amy Tan;

tells the intertwined stories of a mother-daughter pair. Ruth Young, a middle-aged Chinese-American, has trouble relating to her elderly China-born mother, LuLing Young. LuLing is suffering from memory loss: a symptom of dementia, or Alzheimer's, perhaps.

But when LuLing tells Ruth the story of her past, Ruth finds the power to understand and forgive her mother. LuLing recalls her life in the village called Immortal Heart, brought up by her Precious Auntie, more than a nursemaid to her. Precious Auntie, the daughter of a famous bonesetter, found herself plagued by misfortune and ghosts from the past. LuLing fears the effect of such bad luck will filter down through many generations. This was why Ruth's mother burdened her with insecurities and paranoia all through her childhood.

A book called Lovely Bones .... its a wonderful book which I could read over and over! Takes you through a roller-coaster of emotions.
You must read it!!!!!

x

I did read The Lovely Bones. Lent it to my sister and never seen it since :rolleyes:

It's a fantastic book isn't it? Very moving too.

Not sure who I loaned my copy too... used to be very organised and keep a list but as I'm like a flamin' library... lol lost track completely! Was the same with videos!!! Useless - utterly useless! lol

Going to start this new one in a minute when I go to bed :D

Back