Book club. The Hunger Games...

Emmey1 said:
Yep the pin!

Peeta is hot in a cute kinda way but gale is just WOW lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I noticed the pin was wrong in the trailer! It's quite important as the books go on.

Only a few hrs now till I get to see it. Also wondering if it's too soon to re-read!!

I'm going to watch it at 8... I have never been excited about a film but I've been going on and on about it and hubby is sick to death me reading the books now because that all I do hahaha not log left now..

Films can never be perfect representations but as long as it doesn't lose the essence of the film it should be fine...

:D

Gale is so handsome from what I've seen in the trailer...!

Back from pictures all I can say is it was fab, felt a bit dizzy with the close up shots, but that's me being picky.
Film was great even hubby enjoyed it and he's not that easily pleased. Thought they got the cast just right,
that part annoyed me too emmey, think its important where the pin came from, I'm sure there will be more about it later in the books. But on the whole thought they did a great job, the Capitol was very grand.

Having an early night seen as we losing an hour in the morning and I'm up at 7 so going read a few pages then get my rest for my 1/2 marathon woohoo !!!!

lynica said:
Back from pictures all I can say is it was fab, felt a bit dizzy with the close up shots, but that's me being picky.
Film was great even hubby enjoyed it and he's not that easily pleased. Thought they got the cast just right,
that part annoyed me too emmey, think its important where the pin came from, I'm sure there will be more about it later in the books. But on the whole thought they did a great job, the Capitol was very grand.

Having an early night seen as we losing an hour in the morning and I'm up at 7 so going read a few pages then get my rest for my 1/2 marathon woohoo !!!!

I'm glad you said that Ly as I thought it was just my dizziness lol!
Yep totally agree with what you said - was a good watch - much looking forward to reading the rest of book 2 ;)

I'm home!

Ahh it was too short and missed out so many good bits! But that's the problem with books being made into films! Loved it :D gale is SO handsome.. I wish was a but more masculine! The book certainly made me feel that he was... And catniss is so pretty!

I loved it!!

My friend who hasn't read it also enjoyed it:) just can't wait for catching fire to be done! She wants to see the next one:)

Only comments I have are there were a few parts that weren't explained properly for people who hadnt read it. For example my friend didn't really understand who the Gamemaker was or what he did. She thought he was snow's son! And the tracker jacker hallucination about her father's death & mother's breakdown wouldn't have made much sense if you hadnt read it.

Edit- also did anyone else find that the cornucopia was not how they imagined it? And everything else in the arena was just how I pictured it in the book & I loved caeser!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the film. But a few things annoyed me. the cornucopia, the mutts and katniss finding water in the arena. Never really thought about that while watching it though. The changes aren't really too bad.

Nothing at all like I pictured the cornicopia thingie!

So where's everyone with the books? I've fallen right behind and 40% through the second book - think miss geeky corky is nearly done with the third book!! Such a swot :p

Roziee said:
I'm on the third book too!

I wanna about the books!.. Where is everyone on?

Other half away tonight so hoping to do some more reading in peace and quiet lol

Little Miss Geeky is only half way through the 3rd book :p lol

Omg no I idea what the rest of this book is going to lead to! 69% through book two (can I talk about it yet?? ) no idea what's going to happen - I assume a certain someone will die... Oooh can we talk about the other half of book 2 yet????

I'm on chapter 9 book 2 going try read some tonight need to catch up now xx

I am excited for you all, hurry up and read them all ;-) x

lynica said:
I'm on chapter 9 book 2 going try read some tonight need to catch up now xx

Oooh ly once I got to a few chapters ahead I couldn't put it down so wizzed through the rest - over half way through now ;)

Emmey1 said:
Oooh ly once I got to a few chapters ahead I couldn't put it down so wizzed through the rest - over half way through now ;)

Read a lot last night getting gripping now again OH was like " put that bloody book down" I was "no way it's getting sooo good do you want me tell you what's happening" he then said no I might read it ..... He don't do fiction books so real result he really enjoyed the film and now I'm stuck into this one I don't think he wants to miss out :)
Loving it !!!

lynica said:
Read a lot last night getting gripping now again OH was like " put that bloody book down" I was "no way it's getting sooo good do you want me tell you what's happening" he then said no I might read it ..... He don't do fiction books so real result he really enjoyed the film and now I'm stuck into this one I don't think he wants to miss out :)
Loving it !!!

Lol my husband has said the same thing since I've started reading the books!

Roziee said:
Lol my husband has said the same thing since I've started reading the books!

Ditto that!! He read Wikipedia about te synopsis of the books so knows more than I do!!

Back