Bookie's food diary with photos

Bookie what host site do you use to upload your pics? I use Flickr and select the medium option for pics.

Just looking at the pics again, it looks like you posted the pics as attachments. They may appear small but you can click on them for larger images. I use a link and embed the pics directly in my post. Let me know which host site you use and I'll be able to help further.

Honeyoc said:
Just looking at the pics again, it looks like you posted the pics as attachments. They may appear small but you can click on them for larger images. I use a link and embed the pics directly in my post. Let me know which host site you use and I'll be able to help further.

Ahhhh I think I know how to change that. When you paste the link to upload a pic, you have to unselect the check box underneath, I can't remember what it says though, will double check lol

Pasta looks fab....
As does your kitchen....
aww your children are very sweet bless him he looks like he has a green moustach

thanks ladies. I now realise I should use a hosting site - let's try tinypic:

Tuesday 2nd October:

Breakfast: muller lites and lots of fruit - on the run!
Snack: more muller lite...
Lunch: leftover butternut squash stuffed pasta

1o6gc0.jpg

Snack: fruit
Dinner: Baked potato, beans and cheese, tuna mayo (syns = 1)

34eygxl.jpg

Snack: Hi fi lite and hi fi deluxe (syns = 3)

Exercise: 30 day shred level 2

HXA: cheese on my beans
HXB: hi fi delux

Wednesday 3rd October:

had a day out with my 7 year old daughter today as she had a midday eye test in the hospital (a 45 minute drive from her school) - we usually have a girl's day if it's not realistic to go back to school :) We had a great day, lots of shopping (some boots for me - and and and some Next size 14 jeans!!). Some nice treats for her. Made me feel a bit better as yesterday was weigh in day at SW and I'd only lost a pound. I know it's still a loss, but the week before I STS, and before that it was only 1.5 lb a week.... it's painfully slow. Anyways:

Breakfast: two poached eggs and a small slice w/m toast
Snack: fruit salad and skimmed milk tall cappuccino
Lunch: Wagamamas chilli chicken ramen :-D (so happy this is free)
Dinner: Chicken and chickpea tagine with half a wholemeal pitta (I hadn't realised we were out of cous cous - not a popular Mum/wife!):

sfdj83.jpg

Snack: Hi fi delux (6 syns)

HXA: skimmed milk on cappuccino
HXB: half a w/m pitta and a small slice w/m toast

Looking delicious! I love the idea of butternut squash stuffed pasta, kind of like a squash ravioli! Ooooh ideas are brewin... Is the Wagamama chilli chicken ramen really free???? How about the seafood ramen (my favourite!)?

Last edited:
thanks ladies. Mumma K, the plates are Sophie Conran for Port Meirion (if I've spelled it correctly) - my father in law got them for us a couple of Christmases ago and they're as good as new.

Honey, I read somewhere that it's free and also on the SW site I'm fairly sure. Yeah the seafood ramen is also free (but not the coconut based ones). The noodle dishes, you just have to estimate some syns for oil :)

Thursday 4th October:

Breakfast: Banana and not much else!
Lunch: a pasta and sauce, with lots of veggies inside (cheat meal at work)

67o8r9.jpg

Snack: muller lite
Dinner: stovies (a Scottish dish with basically mince and tatties - hubby was trying out his new gravy browning and basically made the food black - eek!)

29qgtqr.jpg

Snack at bedtime: two alpen light bars

HXA: bit of milk (never the whole HXA though)

HXB: 2 alpen bars

Syns - 7 for a curly wurly

Exercise - none - this was when I started to notice something was wrong with my foot :-(

Last edited:
Friday 5th October:

I woke up with a v sore foot and went to A&E - plantar fasciitis :-( - scuppering my chance to exercise, for now. I'll start going swimming and more cycling when I get home. Can take a long time to go away apparently.

Breakfast: beans, 1 rasher back bacon fat removed, scrambled eggs and tomato
Lunch: here I treated myself - to a Yo! Sushi - having read up on it, I think it's only the chilli squid that has syns - 1.5 syns. Also cucumber maki and seafood udon soup

2604kkn.jpg

245eogz.jpg

123l0uh.jpg

Dinner: beautiful bbq flavour marinated minute steaks (there is a butcher in nearby town with large range of SW friendly marinaded meats, syn free sausages etc, served with SW chips and big salad

2rmv714.jpg

Snack: half glass wine (4 syns), hi life deluxe

HXA: milk
HXB: high fi deluxe

Syns: 4 for wine; 3 for a tiny taste of kids pasta = 7

Saturday 6th October:

Sorry - forgot to take pics today!

Breakfast: beans, "fried" egg, tomato and mushroom with 2 slices back bacon with fat removed
Snack: muller lite
Lunch: veggie broth with veggies, peas, lentils, barley and bacon
Snack: diet coke and bag crisps in pub (8.5 syns)
Dinner: smash coated chicken (baked) with beans, b.nut squash chips, SW chips, coleslaw made with 0% greek yoghurt and v. light mayo (1 syn)
Snack: high fi deluxe

HXB: high fi deluxe

Syns: 10

Exercise: none - bad foot!

Sunday 7th October:

travelling all day to Cornwall with work - started out Aberdeen at 8.30am. Two planes, two trains, two taxis. Got here for 6pm, staying in lovely pub and here for 4 days oh dear. Bit of a blow out today as was so looking forward to it.

Breakfast: leftover chicken pieces
Lunch: sushi from boots (3 syns)
Snack: lots of fruit
Treat: 2 pints and a bag of crisps (30 syns)
Dinner: crab linguine with chilli, rocket and oil (HXB)

eb4wgi.jpg

HXB: 1 tbsp olive oil

Syns: 30

Exercise - tramping round airports etc. with my sore foot!

Glad you are back. I thought you disappeared. Looking forward to photos.

Hi Rosie, no not rid of me yet :) I like it a lot here! It is a struggle to keep up with the photos some days but it's extra motivation to be good when I know you guys are reading! 30 syns today though - that has to be a record for me! I'm usually way under.

Around 64 syns over this week - still not up to the max of 105 that I could have - so not totally blown the diet yet! But this week is hard - away for another 3 days, then it's busy days ahead with people making cake, then on Saturday going off to Isles of Islay and Jura for work but taking hubby and kids for 4 days, then friends coming over for a few days 3 days after we get back (but in my home so me in control). Then it's a conference all week, then a fancy workshop we've organised until 2 weeks on Saturday..... then breathe!!!!!!!! Only upcoming problems then are 2 days in Edinburgh with my Mum, and Christmas/New Year!

I think I'll start swimming as I want to keep exercising but also give my foot a chance to recover.

Back