Bookie's food diary with photos

Yup - see below, My Little Big Girl's Blog :)

She's been poorly for days (finally better yesterday) so last weekend was a write-off. We may start some of the Christmas baking this weekend or food gift making - as long as I can work out what can be frozen succesfully (or gift-wise, what can keep for a few weeks).

I'm going to try really hard to post here from now on, every meal (even if no photo). I'm guessing some things are too boring for a photo, so might make life easy for myself that way. E.g. beans on toast!

Wednesday November 28th:

Breakfast: cheese and chilli omelette (half HEA) with loads of veg. Had to use a smidge of olive oil spray (1 syn) and 1 tbsp ketchup (1/2 syn)

Lunch: cottage cheese, mackerel, cherry tomatoes, celery and salsa (1 syn). Muller lite strawberry.

Dinner: (can't seem to upload photos...) - we are lucky to have a butcher who is on SW. So he does these various pre marinated meats etc. We had a combo of sweet chilli and lime chicken (crumbed, somehow still syn free), and garlic butter chicken. Would have been even more delicious if had not overcooked it a bit! With roast butternut (this time just left skin on the chunks - quite nice, prob extra fibre), garlic and brocolli from the garden. 3 syns in half a tbsp olive oil (run out of fry lite!). Leftover w/m pasta with tomato sauce. STUFFED still though :(

Highlights choc drink - 2 syns.

Exercise: half hour stomp through countryside with my dog :D

Syns overall - 7.5.

Last edited:
Oooh forgot - got my 1/2 stone award at group :-D (9 lb off now, it's taken a while!). I've also realised you can get awards for exercise, so (I know it's silly but it would motivate me) I'm going to give that a try - will be taking Lennie for a walk before lunch today, make sure it's half an hour!

I think it was because I was viewing on ipad, it doesnt show siggies. I can see it now from my laptop. Your daughter is so cute and I love that she enjoys cooking at such a young age.

Well done on the half stone, that's great! :D xx

Morning all

Thursday 29th Nov:

Breakfast - apple, orange, 2 scrambled eggs in 2 sprays olive oil (1/2 syn) and beans!

Lunch - roast buttnernut with chilli, cherry tomatoes, mackerel, cottage cheese (2 syns for olive oil used to roast this):

lunch.jpg

Snacks: banana, apple, orange, muller lite.

Dinner: I got the Dine in for a Tenner - a whole chicken, which we roasted, the side of mixed veg which we steamed, and I got some baby new potatoes and did crash hot potatoes (1 tbsp oil split between 2 - half a HEB). I made an amazing sauce too - I think I invented my dream sauce. A bit like romesco sauce with the red pepper and almonds but also with tomato, garlic, red onion and chipotle paste. All veg roasted then whizzed with 1/2 tbsp ground almonds (2 syns), water and chipotle paste (excuse photos, couldn't get my photos uploaded any other way - not sure why they flip them on their side!):

midweekroast.jpgchipotle paste.jpgpre salsa.jpgpostsalsa.jpg

Also half a glass of wine

Bedtime snack: rocky road (half HEB) and muller lite

Really trying to get in my third superfree at the mo! And these jeans are hanging off me, have to keep hiking them up :D

Exercise - 30 minutes walking around town!

Total syns: 7 and a half

Last edited:
Really trying to get in my third superfree at the mo! And these jeans are hanging off me, have to keep hiking them up :D

Yey! It's a great feeling isn't it? And it's a great excuse to go shopping! :)

thanks ladies. Vintage Pockets yeah but I get frustrated with how they're all so different. Many size 14s are fitting me now, but not the M&S skinnies (which turned out to be jeggings according to the label). They were uncomfy and just too tight around the middle. I've not shopped in M&S for years so not sure on their sizing but I often find a difference in fit between bootcut style and skinny style jeans. Next is v guilty of that. Often seem at least a size smaller!

Tracey, you maybe need to invest in a heavy big long knife (sharpen regularly) - once it's part way in you can use your body weight to get it the rest of the way through :)

I'll update my day's food on the previous post for today... (gah I can't upload photos to photobucket OR tinypic. Why??? Will try a direct upload to here).

Can I just share some amazing (non related) news?? John Lewis are going to (according to customer services on the phone) refund me (in vouchers) fully for an overlocker my hubby bought for me (accidentally instead of a sewing machine, I embarassingly never got round to taking it back, thought I may use it) in 2007!!!!! John Lewis are amazing! That's £200 that I really need right now for Christmas pressies in JL!

Friday 30th November:

Breakfast:

scrambled eggs (done really slowly so more like a sauce - I love them like this) with last night's crash hot potatoes, and last night's amazing sauce (I need to give it a name!):

30thbrekkie.jpg

And I decided not to let this cold I can feel coming on get me - by making a smoothie entirely from beetroot and water. FAIL. What the hell can I do with all this beetroot pulpy stuff? Soup? Ideas please!

30thsmoothie.jpg

Lunch: tom yum soup (paste 1 tbsp = 1 syn). Using leftover chicken, buckwheat noodles, yellow pepper, courgette, lettuce and corriander:

30thlunch.jpg

Dinner:

Sausage roll made with lean (apparently) pork mince, baked beans and salsa, yoghurt sauce and oven wedges rubbed in oil. One small piece cheesecake. Will estimate 3 syns for oil, 1 for yogurt, 8 for pastry, 4 for small glass of wine.

Syns = 17

HEA missing

HEB 2 x hi fi lite

Last edited:
Hiya!

Spent the full day shopping. I am exhausted!! Have a lovely time at your friends tonight :) hmm..your soup today...have to say that's one thing I won't be trying lol! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Joanne - is it the black-ish noodles? They're yummier than they look Did you get anything nice in the shops? :) Britmum, I have a confession - I threw the beetroot away :eek: I couldn't face trying to sort it out and also have something I didn't fancy for my lunch.... We've a few more meals worth in the garden so I just thought what the heck.

Nice meal at friend's house - they did really lovely sausage rolls - lean pork mince and pistachio nuts with cumin and corriander, with salsa, yoghurt sauce, baked beans and home made potato wedges with not much oil! The only bad thing really was the pastry and it wasn't too much really. I had one glass of wine and here is the bad part - a small slice of cheesecake (not quite the slither I asked for!). Oh well, it was lovely and we haven't done that for ages so....

hope you all have lovely weekends :)

Joanne - is it the black-ish noodles? They're yummier than they look Did you get anything nice in the shops? :) Britmum, I have a confession - I threw the beetroot away :eek: I couldn't face trying to sort it out and also have something I didn't fancy for my lunch.... We've a few more meals worth in the garden so I just thought what the heck.

Nice meal at friend's house - they did really lovely sausage rolls - lean pork mince and pistachio nuts with cumin and corriander, with salsa, yoghurt sauce, baked beans and home made potato wedges with not much oil! The only bad thing really was the pastry and it wasn't too much really. I had one glass of wine and here is the bad part - a small slice of cheesecake (not quite the slither I asked for!). Oh well, it was lovely and we haven't done that for ages so....

hope you all have lovely weekends :)

Before my slimming world days, there was a sandwich I used to love. It was turkey, slices of beetroot and coleslaw. That should be doable on slimming world, whole wheat bread and homemade coleslaw, guess what I fancy now?

However I am just about to cook some sea bass with stir fry veggies and a honey, garlic, ginger soy sauce.

Your meal at your friends house sounds yummy. Sausage rolls,mmmmmm, I haven't had one of those in years.

I did thanks..too much!! oooh no it was the beetroot pulp what i was on about :giggle:

Hi all, am in Cornwall and just downloaded the app for this so bear with me! Had a bad ish day yesterday but thought if I try and at least update on here... My consultant says even if you're bad you should count it!

Will see if I can update from wherever I left off!

Before my slimming world days, there was a sandwich I used to love. It was turkey, slices of beetroot and coleslaw. That should be doable on slimming world, whole wheat bread and homemade coleslaw, guess what I fancy now?

However I am just about to cook some sea bass with stir fry veggies and a honey, garlic, ginger soy sauce.

Wow that sounds lush. Was it cooked beetroot? Thinking of that for late on Christmas day :)

Back