Bookie's food diary with photos

Aw hello lovie!!!! Fine thank you - are you doing SW too? I'm naughty, cos I don't count my milk as HEA - I don't have much and like to save my HEA for cheese which I don't have every day anyhow. I used the milk stated but between 4 people its not too bad. It might not go at all creamy with only water. How are you?

Friday 11th January:

Brekkie: rushed so banana

Snack: muller lite

Lunch: smoked salmon pâté with crudités

Dinner: just sitting down to chicken dhansak with rice and spicy onions

Syns: glass wine 6, mouthful ice cream 1, 2 chocs 2.

HEB prob a hi fi bar at bedtime

Attachments

• image-1050772901.jpg
    image-1050772901.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 53
Hi, yes I am. I've done it on my own a few times and lost weight but gone right off plan and messed it up, put it all back on. This time I've decided to invest in the meetings in the hope that it will keep me on track. I'm good I'm just hoping I can keep going with this this time.

I see you've been working hard on your papers that's amazing, you are doing so well.

I'll be keeping up with your diary so I'll be back to visit. I've started my own but it isn't too exciting yet as I haven't cooked any interesting recipes ... yet! :)

Love L's blog - she's such a sweetheart.

Fingers crossed for you hun, I definitely think the meetings are a massive help. I really enjoy going to mine!

Papers - only got one out there so far, hmmph - it's the main priority over next few months to get some more out, hope I hear soon if this one has been published or not though.

thanks for the compliment to L's blog - she's baking on her own right now (cookies to take in packed lunches) so I took a photo so she could blog it :) So nice to see you on here - it's a small world!

Sunday 13th January

Breakfast: half a biscuit 3 syns

Lunch: beans on toast HEB plus 1 tsp butter 2 syns

Dinner: roast beef with SW roasties, roast parsnips, green beans and mashed swede. Gravy 4 syns

Pub: diet coke and 2 bags crisps 16 syns

Attachments

• image-1724632120.jpg
    image-1724632120.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 53
Love your breakfasts of smarties and half a biccy! :D

That roast dinner looks amazing! I haven't made a roast in ages. I think I may need to add that to my meals for this week x

thanks Vintage Pockets, it was good, nice and rare :)

RRH, thanks hun - she's always in the background bless her, so food oriented just like her Mum, oh dear! She made biscuits yesterday (with no input from me except to watch her when she put in/took out of oven) and her own packed lunch last night, so independent! We must update her blog...

for smash onion rings (or fish, chicken goujons - ANYTHING really) you dip in egg then in smash. Spray with frylite and bake til golden. Not quite the same as deep fried in bread crumbs, but crispy and you get that general sense from it :)

Aw thank you Rosie :)

Monday 14th January

Breakfast: a poached egg, hi fi lite (3 syns)

Lunch: super low fat noodles, mullet lite

Dinner: Vintage Pockets' chicken tikka, spiced onions and some lime pickle/mango chutney. (4 syns) it was absolutely delish and some for lunch tomorrow yay! Will post link later when not on my phone.

Link:

http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/chicken-tikka-masala-and-pilau-rice.html

Snacks: muller lite (turkish delight flavour limited edition, yum. Going to try it frozen at the weekend). Hi fi deluxe (HEB) Velvet crunch - 4 syns.

Total syns = 11

Attachments

• image-3234843888.jpg
    image-3234843888.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
The chicken tikka looks lovely. Is that recipe on your food diary Vintagepockets?

I will be trying the Smash trick too. I like the pic of you and Laura on FB - she looks so like you now and may I say you are looking very pretty!

I am going to try and find the turkish delight mullerlight later - rumours are flying about that our local Tesco has it in stock now. The excitement is almost unbearable ;)

Aww glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the link. It was originally a SW recipe but I added and removed some stuff to make it taste more like a tikka masala. I may have to make that again this week. I'm doing roast tonight after seeing your pic so could use the leftover chicken for the curry!

Oh and I love your new avatar pic!

Back