BOOKS ! BOOKS ! bOOKS!

Clarabow

Silver Member
Ok peeps. What are we reading out there ? Anything good ?

Need to break out of my fantasy fiction rut even though I love it. Any recomendations that are not "chic lit"?

Be interesting to know x

Current books

Hi Clara
Well, I met up with Blonde logic a couple of days ago. We haven't seen each other for a while, both have had a lot going on.
We got round to discussing what we are reading. I've just finished a book and she's just starting one - turns out it's the same!
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.
It's a generational saga which covers from the First World War time in Britain to the present day, different Continents, a couple of families and with a bit of enchantment woven in. A colleague lent it to me and I read it cover to cover in hospital. Loved it.
I have also recently bought a Kindle. I think I'm going to love it.
So far I have downloaded Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. I'm the only person I know who hasn't read it yet. I'm also looking forward to reading The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga.
I have just started Peacocks Dancing by Sharon Maas. I think I'm going to enjoy it.

I only get chance to read on holiday usually and they definately fall into chic books. However I bought the Beck diet book so just started that but also always have either the secret or the power at the side of the bed when I need that positivity boost xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm reading I am Legend by Richard Matheson at the moment & loving it.

Next on the list: A prayer for Owen Meany - it came greatly recommended by some friends.

Back